Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

1 hour ago, Dhalia said:

How many times have people been wiped by alphas or others and just started all over again? Even IF there is a wipe there will be people who will go back to playing. Yeah it gets frustrating that your time is "wasted" but is it really if you enjoyed the game? 

Again wipe PvP if you need to, leave PvE alone.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to hear some statement from dev's about if there will be wipe or not. Especially on PVE, All this wipe threads seem to be about dupping on PVP. I would leave PVE out of it.

I just want to know if I should stop grinding-breeding until game relases and servers get wiped, and then start over, or there will be no wipe on PVE I can continue with my stuff. Because I just don't find it smart to breed or build anymore, this game is extremely grindy and boring, but when you finally get all the stats connected it's great award for all the work and it's all worth it, problem is there is no award if servers get wiped.

17 minutes ago, Paneross said:

Again wipe PvP if you need to, leave PvE alone.

PvE is in desperate need of a wipe.

I quit months ago, and completely gave up on this game thinking that after a few updates, I could return and start over with fresh content. That's not happeneing; every PvE server I spawned in to (meaning the servers I visited, not every server on the list) in the hour and a half of me picking servers led to me being spawn trapped in someones base, unable to get far enough inland as a low level in order to build a hut, unable to build remotely near character spawns, etc.

PvE has a huge problem; all the players that have been around for a while aren't going anywhere, and this leaves no room for new players. PvE needs a wipe, and it needs more structural limits. A handful of players shouldn't make it impossible to play on a server with bunches of pillars and foundations.

4 minutes ago, b0ender said:

I would like to hear some statement from dev's about if there will be wipe or not. Especially on PVE, All this wipe threads seem to be about dupping on PVP. I would leave PVE out of it.

I just want to know if I should stop grinding-breeding until game relases and servers get wiped, and then start over, or there will be no wipe on PVE I can continue with my stuff. Because I just don't find it smart to breed or build anymore, this game is extremely grindy and boring, but when you finally get all the stats connected it's great award for all the work and it's all worth it, problem is there is no award if servers get wiped.

Well I have fun when I play lol I feel bad for you if you don't. This game is awesome rather it gets wiped or not.

trying doing some pvp for a little while since you are waiting on the decision

Just now, Volcano637 said:

Well I have fun when I play lol I feel bad for you if you don't. This game is awesome rather it gets wiped or not.

trying doing some pvp for a little while since you are waiting on the decision

I have tried everything that there is to try in ark, I'm 5000 hours into this game, I played unnoficial and official pve and pvp. It's not place nor a time for me to state my opinions on ark PVP. I'l just say that It's so broken, in so many ways.. I could write entire book about it, I will stick to PVE, until some BIG changes happen in pvp.

100% agree no PvE wipe if there is a wipe most PvE players play for one of two reasons either no interest in fighting other people or they don't want what they've accomplished to be lost, yeah it's just a game and It's fun while things are being accomplished but we're talking 3000+ hours of time spent which is a lot for people who have real jobs not just YouTube streamers who get to sit home all day and pay their bills by talking about games or whatever 

2 minutes ago, b0ender said:

I have tried everything that there is to try in ark, I'm 5000 hours into this game, I played unnoficial and official pve and pvp. It's not place nor a time for me to state my opinions on ark PVP. I'l just say that It's so broken, in so many ways.. I could write entire book about it, I will stick to PVE, until some BIG changes happen in pvp.

I heard good things about ragnarok. Have you tried that or are you one of the unfortunate people that wasn't able to get in? If you were then I understand. Hopefully consoles get a lot more servers.

one other thing. I would actually suggest no tame servers, atleast to try it. It can be pretty fun actually 

22 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

100% agree no PvE wipe if there is a wipe most PvE players play for one of two reasons either no interest in fighting other people or they don't want what they've accomplished to be lost, yeah it's just a game and It's fun while things are being accomplished but we're talking 3000+ hours of time spent which is a lot for people who have real jobs not just YouTube streamers who get to sit home all day and pay their bills by talking about games or whatever 

That sounds romantic and all, but it's PvE that needs a wipe more than PvP.

36 minutes ago, Irk said:

PvE is in desperate need of a wipe.

I quit months ago, and completely gave up on this game thinking that after a few updates, I could return and start over with fresh content. That's not happeneing; every PvE server I spawned in to (meaning the servers I visited, not every server on the list) in the hour and a half of me picking servers led to me being spawn trapped in someones base, unable to get far enough inland as a low level in order to build a hut, unable to build remotely near character spawns, etc.

PvE has a huge problem; all the players that have been around for a while aren't going anywhere, and this leaves no room for new players. PvE needs a wipe, and it needs more structural limits. A handful of players shouldn't make it impossible to play on a server with bunches of pillars and foundations.

So, if Earth gets full of people, it needs a wipe, because all of those people are hogging land? Seems legit. WW3 confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Irk said:

That sounds romantic and all, but it's PvE that needs a wipe more than PvP.

PvP gets wiped every day, by real players. lol

Just now, Sphere said:

Of course it makes perfect sense. Both have a limited amount of real estate. Some people hoard land in real life too you know.

It makes no sense, I was just kidding. Using your logic, no one should play PvP because killing animals is bad, mmm'kay. And killing people is worse. 

1 minute ago, OGCookies said:

Wiping PvE will do nothing to fix pillar issues get over it think of a solution if they bother u so much

Wiping PvE servers, either fully or partially, and implementing stricter build limits will help.

Stricter build limits, like you know, putting no build zones on major metal spawn zones, and at beaver spawns. That would go miles. Right now on 166, I have to have those areas pillared for the sake of the rest of the server. People actually thank me that there is metal on the server because of those pillars. People pretend that pillars are always a bad thing. Having no metal spawns because a newbie built there, or a troll decided to raid your PvE server with junk on your metal spawns, and then routinely visits to keep timers up, is a bad deal for any server.

8 minutes ago, Sphere said:

People pretend that pillars are always a bad thing. 

But they are. I don't think anyone complains about a tribe pillaring off resource spawns. When people mention pillar spamming, they're talking about the tribes that build a small hut and proceed to block off enough land to support 3-4 tribes. It's situations like these that need to be addressed.

3 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

And if u think PvE server are bad now let's see how they are when 1000s of pissed off people make it their daily mission to ruin servers because they lost their stuff

Let's get real; no one's going to do that. After a wipe, no one is going to spend hours, days, weeks, etc. rebuilding just to be able to ruin the server they're playing on.

17 minutes ago, Sphere said:

So, if Earth gets full of people, it needs a wipe, because all of those people are hogging land? Seems legit. WW3 confirmed.

PvP gets wiped every day, by real players. lol

It would end up happening that way in real life as well. Look at China. They kill poor little baby girls because they need boys and are limited to how many kids they can have. Sad but true. But yeah if the world got that over populated and space along with resources were dwindling, I guarantee they would start wiping people in reality

Just now, Irk said:

But they are. I don't think anyone complains about a tribe pillaring off resource spawns. When people mention pillar spamming, they're talking about the tribes that build a small hut and proceed to block off enough land to support 3-4 tribes. It's situations like these that need to be addressed.

Let's get real; no one's going to do that. After a wipe, no one is going to spend hours, days, weeks, etc. rebuilding just to be able to ruin the server they're playing on.

Lol people do it for no reason no why wouldn't more people including me do it when given that kind of motivation.... we might just find out

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

It would end up happening that way in real life as well. Look at China. They kill poor little baby girls because they need boys and are limited to how many kids they can have. Sad but true. But yeah if the world got that over populated and space along with resources were dwindling, I guarantee they would start wiping people in reality

The reason why we can say this instead of being Liberal and virtue signalling, is because we flip the bird at feelings, and accept reality.

4 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Still sounds like you are thinking about yourself there. Yeah my main reason for the wipe is for new players. They should get the same chance we got in the beginning. I don't think about myself. I do think about other people. Maybe practice what you preach.

Pretty sure I mentioned other players with 100+ hrs into the game <3

Maybe read before replying

2 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Lol people do it for no reason no why wouldn't more people including me do it when given that kind of motivation.... we might just find out

There's literally no other argument against wiping PvE servers besides "o muh time!" which, to me, isn't a worthy excuse to keeping the servers in their current state. Wiping PvE servers either fully or partially, and introducing stricter build limits to prevent the current pillar/foundation/structure spam, the players that are screaming about their hours are going to do one of two things:

1. Quit
  2. Restart

If those players are so worried about wasted time, it makes zero sense that they'd waste more time just trying to troll a server they were wiped from.

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived