Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

4 hours ago, OGCookies said:

Any ark official will tell you no, any other answers are from wishful desperate people  THERE WILL BE NO WIPE why these posts still flood the forums is beyond me

I have 3500 hrs on Official in one of the largest tribes out there.  We have wiped so many servers it is to hard to count.  I can speak for like 95% of my tribe that we want a wipe.  I don't think your information is 100% correct on that one my friend.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, eUkanloZ said:

I have 3500 hrs on Official in one of the largest tribes out there.  We have wiped so many servers it is to hard to count.  I can speak for like 95% of my tribe that we want a wipe.  I don't think your information is 100% correct on that one my friend.

You can want it all you want it does not matter what ur status is in ark or who u wiped ark official has said time and again no wipe

• Volunteer Moderator

It doesn't matter what people say, anyone that says ARK won't wipe, and anyone that says ARK will wipe should be taken with a pinch of salt because fact is not a single person here "knows" what Wildcard have decided on, regardless of what may or may not have been said in the past.

24 minutes ago, GP said:

It doesn't matter what people say, anyone that says ARK won't wipe, and anyone that says ARK will wipe should be taken with a pinch of salt because fact is not a single person here "knows" what Wildcard have decided on, regardless of what may or may not have been said in the past.

I think this is going to be argued till their fingers fall off till the day final release happens and it won't matter what any official says between now then

3 hours ago, OGCookies said:

You can want it all you want it does not matter what ur status is in ark or who u wiped ark official has said time and again no wipe

No they said it once a long time ago. And now time and time again there has been said there is a possibility but no official decision has been made. 

Not sure where you got that from

3 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Let's not go off topic, or get too personal.  If you are posting about someone, and not what they said, you may want to reconsider.

Note:  Don't make a personal attack post, and then add on 'on topic' comment; that does not make it 'on topic'.

@Jerryn  I posted a link to the topic in relation to a interview and game discussion with one of the Devs. the women from 27mins says that she will email out the question and get a response to the question of "no wipes"

could this be chased up by the Devs or Mods on here as that was a solid response to the question with a promised outcome

it will be the only way of settling this issue until release.

as you can see this is a community wide flash point and I am sure that WC could probably afford to loose their EA players but to those who will still want to play the game after release it would be nice to know if we should bother continue to develop our characters, bases and dinos or just wait until full release when there could be a potential wipe

2 minutes ago, X111 said:

@Jerryn  I posted a link to the topic in relation to a interview and game discussion with one of the Devs. the women from 27mins says that she will email out the question and get a response to the question of "no wipes"

could this be chased up by the Devs or Mods on here as that was a solid response to the question with a promised outcome

it will be the only way of settling this issue until release.

as you can see this is a community wide flash point and I am sure that WC could probably afford to loose their EA players but to those who will still want to play the game after release it would be nice to know if we should bother continue to develop our characters, bases and dinos or just wait until full release when there could be a potential wipe

That's kind of the thing though. The devs don't want anyone to leave, pro wipe or anti wipe people. There is still over a month and 2 weeks left. They don't want their game to be dormant until release. They will probably let us know closer to the 2 week to 1 week mark. Well that's what my opinion is anyway

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

That's kind of the thing though. The devs don't want anyone to leave, pro wipe or anti wipe people. There is still over a month and 2 weeks left. They don't want their game to be dormant until release. They will probably let us know closer to the 2 week to 1 week mark. Well that's what my opinion is anyway

that's fair enough but at the same time a promise was provided, either to the Dev or the audience but seeing that this was audience participation then they should have delivered...

though on better reflection there has been a lot of promises on delivery but never given so I'm not holding my breath as such, it would be nice to know just so I don't sink all my life into something for the next 2 months

3 minutes ago, X111 said:

that's fair enough but at the same time a promise was provided, either to the Dev or the audience but seeing that this was audience participation then they should have delivered...

though on better reflection there has been a lot of promises on delivery but never given so I'm not holding my breath as such, it would be nice to know just so I don't sink all my life into something for the next 2 months

I totally get you. Not even trying to argue. And yeah I got pretty excited when she said she would email them, but the reality came back to me that giving an answer now wouldn't be the smartest thing.

that is good to hear you would come back after release even if there was a wipe though. Kudos for that. This is an awesome game though right? 

Just now, Volcano637 said:

I totally get you. Not even trying to argue. And yeah I got pretty excited when she said she would email them, but the reality came back to me that giving an answer now wouldn't be the smartest thing.

that is good to hear you would come back after release even if there was a wipe though. Kudos for that. This is an awesome game though right? 

exactly!

this is the only game I can think of where it's got all my in-game desires!

building, taming, fighting (I am a PVE player but the option to PVP in PVE makes it more competitive in raising dino's and bases) flying on wyverns, building solid defences and meeting new friends. the only thing that would pull me away from this would be a 40K MMORPG.

ok, so yes I'd be p!ssed at loosing my Gigas, rex's, wyverns, ptera's, argy's, base designs, BP and gene lines BUT it just means we can start again and have a one up on new players

I think it may come down to sales, if they see a double on player base being 9mil then I think they would wipe. reason being? they will start getting OFFICIAL complaints about the game where as with EA they could care less as they are still developing and even the start screen advises this.

if they provided EA players with a lvl200 Giga each but still wiped servers I think ppl would be less annoyed...but not completely

exactly!

this is the only game I can think of where it's got all my in-game desires!

building, taming, fighting (I am a PVE player but the option to PVP in PVE makes it more competitive in raising dino's and bases) flying on wyverns, building solid defences and meeting new friends. the only thing that would pull me away from this would be a 40K MMORPG.

ok, so yes I'd be p!ssed at loosing my Gigas, rex's, wyverns, ptera's, argy's, base designs, BP and gene lines BUT it just means we can start again and have a one up on new players

I think it may come down to sales, if they see a double on player base being 9mil then I think they would wipe. reason being? they will start getting OFFICIAL complaints about the game where as with EA they could care less as they are still developing and even the start screen advises this.

if they provided EA players with a lvl200 Giga each but still wiped servers I think ppl would be less annoyed...but not completely

I like this guy ^

not too sure about the giga thing though lol 

Giga thing for recognition but doesn't have to be, maybe BP's for a full set of Asc armour or something

Wow man! Gotta go for the top stuff huh? How about a trike? That would still help you build and gather by not be able to just demolish the new guys. Remember, we have all the knowledge and experience. If anything they could use the trike ?

Man, these poor new players are just doomed.

I see a lot of blind, unrelenting, baseless, fanatical faith in the devs to "Magically" succeed in fixing bugs present in the game since day one. If it was so easy to fix, they would have done it a very long time ago. People have been duping and glitching since day one. They find new ways when the old ones are patched. And some have never been fixed. Nothing will change with a full server wipe, except the little griefers will have a field day running around and clubbing people while naked again for a few weeks. After that, business as usual and the whiners will be back and crying about a new game mechanic that prevents them from playing whack a mole on the beach. PVE will blame PVP, PVP will blame PVE, the cheaters will still cheat, the dupers will still dupe, and the zergs will still slot cap and DDOS your server.

Point being, if there was ANYTHING the devs were willing to implement to ensure somewhat fair play, they would have done it already. This board is nothing more than a Check The Box in development.

Dev1 "Do we have a sounding board or discussion forum for our testers to discuss and bring issues to our attention?"

Dev2 "Yes, we have a forum but we mostly pay attention to Reddit as people can rapidly embarrass/shame us publicly and spread it everywhere faster. So we visit the forums once a week and post there so they feel like we pay attention and even have a ticket process that takes a month to get a response."

Dev1 "OOhhh, that's clever! We still get the feedback on problems, but really don't have to do anything about it as any issues brought to our attention will be long over by the time we look at it. I like it. You get a raise for that. Check, and check on those two items. Now, on to the next item on the checklist."

Do I seem a little rude? Sure. There's even been a response to one of my posts within minutes here by one of the devs. I believe I just happened to get lucky, once, and be posting while that one was updating info on here. Right place, right time kinda thing. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Speaking of which. Imma poke an open wound with a poop covered stick.

Conan Exiles just released a ping connection cap. 140 ping. Too bad, so sad if your ping to connect exceeds 140.

Your move Ark.

My two cents,  Low population servers will get wiped and turned into a separate set of servers from the Alpha servers.  So essentially if your a grief monster Alpha tribe and do not let others play on your server which results in your home server being low pop get ready to be wiped on release.

For WC, having servers only a handful of people play on does not make sense given resources. Those servers would be better re-purposed as a separate set of "release" servers.  Transfer between Alpha servers and release servers i doubt will happen since Alpha servers have too many game breaking exploits on them such as lvl 700+ dinos that have been bred from other dinosaurs that should never have been in the game to begin with....

Given that no company wants to chase customers away I see the above as being the more viable option for WC.

3 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

I see a lot of blind, unrelenting, baseless, fanatical faith in the devs to "Magically" succeed in fixing bugs present in the game since day one. If it was so easy to fix, they would have done it a very long time ago. People have been duping and glitching since day one. They find new ways when the old ones are patched. And some have never been fixed. Nothing will change with a full server wipe, except the little griefers will have a field day running around and clubbing people while naked again for a few weeks. After that, business as usual and the whiners will be back and crying about a new game mechanic that prevents them from playing whack a mole on the beach. PVE will blame PVP, PVP will blame PVE, the cheaters will still cheat, the dupers will still dupe, and the zergs will still slot cap and DDOS your server.

Point being, if there was ANYTHING the devs were willing to implement to ensure somewhat fair play, they would have done it already. This board is nothing more than a Check The Box in development.

Dev1 "Do we have a sounding board or discussion forum for our testers to discuss and bring issues to our attention?"

Dev2 "Yes, we have a forum but we mostly pay attention to Reddit as people can rapidly embarrass/shame us publicly and spread it everywhere faster. So we visit the forums once a week and post there so they feel like we pay attention and even have a ticket process that takes a month to get a response."

Dev1 "OOhhh, that's clever! We still get the feedback on problems, but really don't have to do anything about it as any issues brought to our attention will be long over by the time we look at it. I like it. You get a raise for that. Check, and check on those two items. Now, on to the next item on the checklist."

Do I seem a little rude? Sure. There's even been a response to one of my posts within minutes here by one of the devs. I believe I just happened to get lucky, once, and be posting while that one was updating info on here. Right place, right time kinda thing. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Speaking of which. Imma poke an open wound with a poop covered stick.

Conan Exiles just released a ping connection cap. 140 ping. Too bad, so sad if your ping to connect exceeds 140.

Your move Ark.

The devs talk to me all the time. They are pretty cool when you get to know them. They are just very busy

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived