Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If WC wipes the servers, my tribe and I would never buy from them again. We would all need to do our part to make sure they go bankrupt if a wipe happens. Its not the actual wipe but the fact they said they wouldn't wipe and then did right before release. If they did that, their company is 1) Idiotic and 2) Will pay financially for any future games

On 05/02/2017 at 8:23 PM, Killbolt said:

im sure we all have heard it before. "they will reset the game anyway so nothing matters now" and i was just seeing if anyone can give me a better answer then "i bet they will" or " i dont see why they wouldnt" thanks for reading.

Pretty sure it's been said a bunch of times by the devs that there won't be a wipe. Just because a bunch of internet randoms don't believe the devs and there's a bunch of conjecture and rhetoric by those same randoms doesn't mean there's no definitive answer. The devs have stated there won't be a wipe, and have made no further statement to the contrary. I still don't get why people still keep bringing this up.

14 minutes ago, ToxVic said:

If WC wipes the servers, my tribe and I would never buy from them again. We would all need to do our part to make sure they go bankrupt if a wipe happens. Its not the actual wipe but the fact they said they wouldn't wipe and then did right before release. If they did that, their company is 1) Idiotic and 2) Will pay financially for any future games

lol, you're a single tribe, that's a TINY part of 15% of the TOTAL community of Ark, you seriously think you have any power to affect Wildcards future profits? I can just see the CEO in the boardroom having seen this thread, "OH NOES! 18 randoms are not going to buy our future games! And they're going to tell all their friends....wait, all their friends are in their tribe....but OMFG we have to start bankruptcy proceedings now!!"

Guest BubbaCrawfish

The devs haven't said either way that there will be a wipe or not.

Statements saying that other EA games always wipe, are a load of hogwash. I've played many EA games, and I've not had any of them wipe... Maybe I simply chose the right games, but I'm sure that people are simply continuing to troll-speculate to make a thread have massive views/replies/rep points for suggesting that there be a wipe from those who haven't got into the game, and won't get into the game until there is a wipe.

Quite frankly, I don't see a wipe any time soon, and everyone is simply throwing out the idea of having the wipe, because they haven't been established, throw out the "All the good places are taken" reasoning to try and force the devs hand to wipe, when really there's no way that an entire server can be built up.

Exaggeration is a stupid thing to coin in your arguments.

Especially this "We're the majority" and "XX%" rationale... Any which way you paint it, you don't know how many people support your plight, nor do you know what percentage of people from the forums, or from the game agree with you.

10 minutes ago, TripleBox said:

No response from the GM's = wipe on release. Why would they tell us it would kill their own game. Hi Jat i know your going to read this #VDD wins again.

This right here. If there was a decision not to wipe, they would have told us. But they cannot tell us they are GOING to wipe because they dont want players to stop logging in (even if they are only stopping until official launch. From a marketing POV it looks better when your servers are full.

I believe there will be a wipe. Here is my rationale

* There has been far too much duping not to address it, and the only way to effectively address it is with a wipe.

* Far too many tribes have been able to take full advantage of easy mode farmable bosses and banked THOUSANDS of element. Now that the bosses are fixed (all but Manticore) this creates a cliff no new players/new tribes could possibly catch up to.

* unclamped blueprints that are (stored) uploaded to avoid server restarts..... again, this is an exploit that requires a full wipe.

* fishing loot that no new players will be able to take advantage of.

The ONLY area in which it would truly suck to see a wipe is in the area of breeding..... but since tribes have been able to breed super dinos from exploitated tames (hello rag cave bears) (hello level 1200 Gigas), this again requires a full wipe. We have only had mutations for a year..... it can all be achieved again.

1 hour ago, ToxVic said:

I have 3900 hours invested in this game. I want a wipe. But lets put this into perspective.,..... lets say you ToxVic have 1500 hours in this game. you bought the game (lets assume full price).... $60 for 1500 hours..... and you are complaining about the very nature of the "EARLY ACCESS/SUBJECT TO CHANGE nature of the game?

make no mistake about it..... WC is not going to go Bankrupt...... not now that Snail Games has bought them out and Dark And Light is building momentum....

10 hours ago, bkrafty said:

They continue to order dominos on Friday night for the rest of their lives. instead of saying screw those guys you remember that one time they screwed up my order, I'm never ordering from dominos again. Let's have Pizza Hut. 

Pizza Hut tastes way better. And they have been late quite a few times and they do make me mad but that pizza tastes so good I am going to keep getting it. Can't remember the last time I ate dominoes. Taste will beat out customer service any day.

most businesses don't really care about customer service anymore. AT&T customer service is pretty much poop now. Used to be awesome but not anymore. I will continue to stay with them because I like the coverage they have.

5 hours ago, ToxVic said:

Well they did get bought out so who knows they might get forced to. You never know. That's is not on them if they get forced to. Plus I don't think they are worried about going bankrupt.

21 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Here here. While all this lets wipe the servers for the new people to have a chance is being nobel and what not, this would only apply to launch. So what happens in 1 week, 1 month 1 year etc after launch. Say at Christmas when the next big wave of new players come through after launch, do we wipe again then ? 

The idea is that they implement stricter build/tame limits with the wipe. Especially for PvE.

Players don't need a 100x100 metal base, circled by 1,000 behemoth gates, which are circled by 2,000 pillars, all to hold five of every dinosaur in the game. And that's just on their "farming server". This is an exaggeration but it's not far off. Literally the only argument against a complete server wipe is the "o no muh time!" argument, which shouldn't hold up considering the disclaimer everyone agrees to every time they play the game. You know, that old "things may change over time, what you play now may not be the final product, etc."

Official servers are broken, cluttered, messy and a haven for greedy people that need to build bigger and have more than their neighbor. It's only "fun" for the small amount of players that are already heavily established. If they don't wipe the servers, this game is going to be dead before it officially takes off. There's no room for the hundreds/thousands of players that a retail release will bring in. Even with new servers, you're just going to have old players flocking to fresh servers to claim land that they couldn't get. Do you think they're going to destroy their old base? Of course not, because "muh time iz so preciuz". It's just more clutter.

10 minutes ago, Irk said:

The idea is that they implement stricter build/tame limits with the wipe. Especially for PvE.

Players don't need a 100x100 metal base, circled by 1,000 behemoth gates, which are circled by 2,000 pillars, all to hold five of every dinosaur in the game. And that's just on their "farming server". This is an exaggeration but it's not far off. Literally the only argument against a complete server wipe is the "o no muh time!" argument, which shouldn't hold up considering the disclaimer everyone agrees to every time they play the game. You know, that old "things may change over time, what you play now may not be the final product, etc."

Official servers are broken, cluttered, messy and a haven for greedy people that need to build bigger and have more than their neighbor. It's only "fun" for small amount of players that are already heavily established. If they don't wipe the servers, this game is going to be dead before it officially takes off. There's no room for the hundreds/thousands of players that a retail release will bring in. Even with new servers, you're just going to have old players flocking to fresh servers to claim land that they couldn't get. Do you think they're going to destroy their old base? Of course not, because "muh time iz so preciuz". It's just more clutter.

If they let nature takes it course on PVE servers then they wouldn't have issues with giant laggy bases dotting the landscape. The strong would survive and the weak would be destroyed. That is how it should be.

The real problem is the artificial safety bubble that exist's on those servers that means your never in harms way or at risk of losing anything. It's like some schools today that give awards to the disabled kid that came last in athletics race simply because they want to make him feel like he's a winner too. Reality is a bit different but like those kids there are these PVE servers created for those that can't handle true competition.

Just now, BulletForce said:

If they let nature takes it course on PVE servers then they wouldn't have issues with giant laggy bases dotting the landscape. The real problem is the artificial safety bubble that exist's on those servers that means your never in harms way or at risk of losing anything. It's like some schools today that give awards to the disabled kid that came last in athletics race simply because they want to make him feel like he's a winner too. Reality is a bit different but like those kids there are these PVE servers created for those that can't handle true competition.

...or maybe PvE servers were created for people that can't invest the time needed to play PvP? I mean, not everyone has the time to sit in front of a screen for hours/days/weeks breeding level 300 giga's, or hunting down new players to stomp on their sandcastles.

The only solution for PvE is stricter build/tame limits, accompanied by a wipe.

5 hours ago, Armitige said:

lol, you're a single tribe, that's a TINY part of 15% of the TOTAL community of Ark, you seriously think you have any power to affect Wildcards future profits? I can just see the CEO in the boardroom having seen this thread, "OH NOES! 18 randoms are not going to buy our future games! And they're going to tell all their friends....wait, all their friends are in their tribe....but OMFG we have to start bankruptcy proceedings now!!"

There's more anti wipes than pro wipes out there. 

1 minute ago, Paneross said:

There's more anti wipes than pro wipes out there. 

The vast majority of players that I have spoken too on servers are in favor of a wipe. They understand that a wipe needs to happen for the sake of balance and that a wipe would also make the game more interesting not only for new players or returning players but also those that play it at a high level.

28 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

You paid for the opportunity to test out the game and make it better. There is nothing wrong with that.

I paid for the opportunity to play a game before it was completely finished going back to the airplane thing we have been able to fly before the plane was equipped with all its lights and missing some interior objects may have been a bumpy ride but still flying in a plane wht im getting at is its not complete but its still a game that all of us including you or you wouldnt be so passionate about it have had fun

4 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

I paid for the opportunity to play a game before it was completely finished going back to the airplane thing we have been able to fly before the plane was equipped with all its lights and missing some interior objects may have been a bumpy ride but still flying in a plane wht im getting at is its not complete but its still a game that all of us including you or you wouldnt be so passionate about it have had fun

The plane thing is a yesterday thing. Either way until it is done it is not flying passengers around officially for the company

Just now, Volcano637 said:

The plane thing is a yesterday thing. Either way until it is done it is not flying passengers around officially for the company

Dosnt need to offical it is what it is and thats a game im not going home after work to turn on my xbox and play a process or a project im going to play a game if you like to feel self entitled and call yourself a tester then so be it we all need to feel important in some way or another i suppose

Just now, OGCookies said:

Dosnt need to offical it is what it is and thats a game im not going home after work to turn on my xbox and play a process or a project im going to play a game if you like to feel self entitled and call yourself a tester then so be it we all need to feel important in some way or another i suppose

Again with being rude, being a tester doesn't make you important. It is however what you are. Your importance is based on what you do in day to day life. 

• GP locked this topic

Archived