Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

1 minute ago, Tiatake said:

It's bannable if they get caught. Problem with these guys is they play a LOT so there isn't much time they aren't on to defend themselves to devs. They have been reported so many times.

It is my understanding that the Devs do not monitor or interfere with the official servers. :(  Which is fine, but why allow Ob Blocking????

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BudLite said:

It is my understanding that the Devs do not monitor or interfere with the official servers. :(  Which is fine, but why allow Ob Blocking????

I was sure it was in the rules under griefing and bannable offences? It realllly sucks since we use it for boss battles. Opening transmitters to allow fighting from them would solve it for most of us.

1 hour ago, Nokosa said:

So can we talk about why in the last 12 hours a ton of our thatch and stone foundations went poof? 

Possibly the same reason that the pillar decay is there now.....

19 minutes ago, BudLite said:

1st things first, If new players cannot find places to build, they will not play. Then they will review the game negatively so that other new people will not buy the game.

New game purchases is where wild card is getting their income. We already bought the game, they stand to gain no new revenue from us. so, With that being said, their standpoint is attracting new players to buy the game first and foremost.

That being said, as a new player, a few months ago, it was impossible to find a good place to build.  Pillars everywhere on good locations, tribes that did not want other tribes nearby.  Tribes that simply wanted a lower number of players on their server and just made it difficult for new players.  

We found a place in the swamp but still restricted by someone that pillared up to a tree stand for some reason so Expanding is not possible.  Even at a level 90 with 5 months on the server I am still considered a noob and senior players will not even acknowledge me.  No big deal, it is PVE but I cannot expand where I need because of that one tree stand with the tower of pillars up to it.  So I am very disgruntled about that more than anything.  I don't want to have to rebuild if I do happen to find a better spot, it takes a lot of hours to build a base.  

I understand protecting metal spawns and Dino spawns but the pillars are out of hand and it is horrible to get started because of it.

I still don't understand why the Obs are able to be built on and blocked off, that irritates me more than the pillars cause if I wanted to move my animals I would have to wait for a drop and hope they were not killed while uploading them to the ark if I wanted to transfer to another server.  

All in all, from a newer player stand point,  I feel if any structure is placed, not part of their main base, and a tribe member does not pass within close proximity of it on a very regular basis then it should auto destruct.  This is meant to be a challenging game and a rewarding game, not a primary place for mutually social derelicts with low tolerance levels for other/new people.  Not really sure why they just don't play their own dedicated server.

Take away the pillars ability to block structures all together.  Open the gates for people not content with living on the beach.   Set the pillar destruct timer for 3 hours.

How do you mean people do not Acknowledge you on a PVE server? are you sure there isn't a language barrier? When i joined the server im on.... no they weren't open to new tribe members (and who the hell would be this game is terribly unforgiving so bringing in someone you can't completely trust? no raptoring way..... ) i found a spot to build was it perfect no but i made use of it a neighbor left.... i expanded. got a new neighbor while were friends its not likely we will tribe up. Ive put up a privacy fence that way i can walk around my yard pantsless if i feel like it. I have 3 ways into my base ive unlocked 3 gates and painted them.... so people have free passage through the reason why i did this is below.

16 minutes ago, BudLite said:

At least you can get to it, Ours are completely blocked off and without the tribe opening the gate we can't even get to it.

10 minutes ago, Tiatake said:

We have one that is always blocked up on one of my servers. They only unlock the gate if not online and online you have to ask permission >.<

6 minutes ago, BudLite said:

That is ridiculous.  Should not even be allowed to block them, on or offline, mine are blocked 24/7 :(

You guys have to ticket that crap though take screen shots.....

- You are not allowed to block player spawn locations on any official server. If your base resides on a one spawn point by accident you won't be penalised. This only refers to tribes blocking multiple spawn points for the purpose of not allowing any new players to play on the server, example: using 1x1 locked structures or spiked walls that players cannot get out. Wildcard reserves the right to remove these structures and if deemed necessary all structure belonging to offending tribes without warning.

- PVE specific: Blocking other tribes from building at their own base, blocking in other tribes dinos, blocking access in/out of a tribes base, obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

3 minutes ago, Scrymgarr said:

How do you mean people do not Acknowledge you on a PVE server? are you sure there isn't a language barrier? When i joined the server im on.... no they weren't open to new tribe members (and who the hell would be this game is terribly unforgiving so bringing in someone you can't completely trust? no raptoring way..... ) i found a spot to build was it perfect no but i made use of it a neighbor left.... i expanded. got a new neighbor while were friends its not likely we will tribe up. Ive put up a privacy fence that way i can walk around my yard pantsless if i feel like it. I have 3 ways into my base i've unlocked 3 gates and painted them.... so people have free passage through the reason why i did this is below.

The big tribes that have been there for 6 plus months do not take kindly to new members and make it their enjoyment to make it difficult at best.  The language is fine, they just don't acknowledge you whatsoever.  So spike walls are all over (Some been in my base for 5 months that will not decay) some outside that will not decay.

Pillars on a hill with no animal spawns or resource spawns, miles away from their base.  These restrict the height at which you can build.

Kiting Titans into bases of new players or players that move too close.  Placing Tames in front of entrances etc.

Not only to me but mostly to other new players.  It is their belief that the more players there are on a server, the laggier it becomes.  They could be right but I do not know.  

I am in the swamp below the redwoods, backed up to a hill, small spot of flat land and could use what little land there is to the left of me for expansion but the pillar to the tree stand says no.  I have gone up the hill as far as I can but something is blocking me there too, maybe the same pillar or another one behind me higher up.  Kinda sucks. 

Sounds like you got on a good server.

19 minutes ago, BudLite said:

As for logically why on a PVE server? Dino tame cap. PVE Servers hit them quite frequently. and despite adding new dinos the tame cap stays the same. (As far as i could find that cap is 4000) So lets say each tribe is allowed to have 2 of every creature. 1 male 1 female. (172 dinos + 1 for a raft so 173) take the cap 4000/173= 23.121387.... so about 23 tribes/people can have everything. When server capacities are like 70-100 it gives the illusion that there is way more room on a server then actually is. 

3 minutes ago, BudLite said:

The big tribes that have been there for 6 plus months do not take kindly to new members and make it their enjoyment to make it difficult at best.  The language is fine, they just don't acknowledge you whatsoever.  So spike walls are all over (Some been in my base for 5 months that will not decay) some outside that will not decay.

Pillars on a hill with no animal spawns or resource spawns, miles away from their base.  These restrict the height at which you can build.

Kiting Titans into bases of new players or players that move too close.  Placing Tames in front of entrances etc.

Not only to me but mostly to other new players.  It is their belief that the more players there are on a server, the laggier it becomes.  They could be right but I do not know.  

I am in the swamp below the redwoods, backed up to a hill, small spot of flat land and could use what little land there is to the left of me for expansion but the pillar to the tree stand says no.  I have gone up the hill as far as I can but something is blocking me there too, maybe the same pillar or another one behind me higher up.  Kinda sucks. 

Sounds like you got on a good server.

I guess i'm lucky.

3 of those things seem like bannable offenses take screenshots.... Chat logs, chat logs, the offending pillars and the like. (Typically Pillars do not block respawns for nodes dinos and such and why they were used for such things as land claims and node protectors. Foundations DO) the spike walls won't decay because the refresh them and possibly have a sap base there.

1 minute ago, Scrymgarr said:

As for logically why on a PVE server? Dino tame cap. PVE Servers hit them quite frequently. and despite adding new dinos the tame cap stays the same. (As far as i could find that cap is 4000) So lets say each tribe is allowed to have 2 of every creature. 1 male 1 female. (172 dinos + 1 for a raft so 173) take the cap 4000/173= 23.121387.... so about 23 tribes/people can have everything. When server capacities are like 70-100 it gives the illusion that there is way more room on a server then actually is. 

I guess i'm lucky.

3 of those things seem like bannable offenses take screenshots.... Chat logs, chat logs, the offending pillars and the like. (Typically Pillars do not block respawns for nodes dinos and such and why they were used for such things as land claims and node protectors. Foundations DO) the spike walls won't decay because the refresh them and possibly have a sap base there.

The treestand is for sap but no reason to put up a pillar to the stand.  

I just go my way and work around it.  They are just irritations, I don't do boss fights yet so not affected by the Ob blocking  I put little bases where I can to handle different components to off set the small main base. But it is time consuming to travel between bases and sometimes dangerous.  I think next server I may start as a female.

I have to admit that I'm really shocked about some tribe's behaviour on PVE servers. I've been on official PVE 423 for 2 years now and while we experienced some sausageheads the majority of all players was very nice.

Now ... this pillar thing is bothering me. It is bad for sure if tribes block areas for no reason. On PVE 423 the ressources are saved from reckless players. The big tribes cooperate and help new players. Now it is a pain to maintain a coordinated way to keep ressources safe without blocking them. So from my point of view it was very, very, very bad move of Wildcard to push the new decay pillar timer so quickly into the game.

4 hours ago, Zephyrbell said:

Just look at Reign of Kings land claiming and do that. Seriously. Make it so everyone gets a "totem" and if you're in the same tribe they can be connected. Make it so butholes can't build in resource rich spots. Problem solved.

RoKs system works absolutely fine.
Well, besides: there is no PVE in RoK... sooooooo... a decreased HP of your building will do exactly nothing... this part of the mecha would have to be replaced by something else...
We would also have to consider that in ark buildings can get MASSIVELY BIG over time, and that should not be forbidden, so those totems would also need a MASSIVELY increasable area... its a good working system for PVP servers, but not for PVE.

And before you say it: preventing building ANYWHERE outside that crested area would make taming on PVE servers almost impossible, since you cant pick tames, and then you would not even be able to build a taming pen...

Needs anohter solution for PVE (maybe a similar one, who knows)

@Jat

Will you EVER answer to this thread:

Or do you leave us in the dark until you push out an unannounced, undiscussed and untested change again, that, who knows, will completely devastate the already heavily suffering official PVE servers?

I mean... isnt 500 answers pretty much representing a good portion of the community especcially if 99,9% of ALL those answers are clearly AGAINST your last change?

Dont get me wrong, i dont want a fix, or anything, just some discussion with the community, or at least telling us that you still care, maybe telling us if you will revert this latest change etc., any communication at all would be great.

pve belongs in a heavily moderated environment where bad base locations will not be tolerated. as such, pve has no place in officials.

this thread is a referral, a duplicate. making it public instead of PM-ing further proves you're just trying to boil the crowd and not get an honest reply. or, stop messing about and post it on twitter. they are more active there. this is a fanforum 

36 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

RoKs system works absolutely fine.
Well, besides: there is no PVE in RoK... sooooooo... a decreased HP of your building will do exactly nothing... this part of the mecha would have to be replaced by something else...
We would also have to consider that in ark buildings can get MASSIVELY BIG over time, and that should not be forbidden, so those totems would also need a MASSIVELY increasable area... its a good working system for PVP servers, but not for PVE.

And before you say it: preventing building ANYWHERE outside that crested area would make taming on PVE servers almost impossible, since you cant pick tames, and then you would not even be able to build a taming pen...

Needs anohter solution for PVE (maybe a similar one, who knows)

I'm just gonna copy this from my steam post because I'm a lazy piece of poop.
We agree that it needed a fix.. just not this fix. This screwed over a lot of people on my server, including myself. Now there's a ♥♥♥♥bag that's pillaring as close as he can to other people's stuff. Even going as far as putting pillars inside of people's walls. They need a new system, they need to stop trying to take the easy way out. If they would just make it so resource rich areas weren't allowed to be built upon (the same way they did with the drops that way people can keep their bases just not build new things) that would fix a lot of the issue. 

They also need to make it so people can't build so close to the obelisks (in the same manner, so people can keep what's already there and no one loses their stuff until they expire) because it's difficult to get in when you need to do a boss fight when♥♥♥♥♥♥weeds build all the way around the obelisks.

They need a different land claiming system, one where pillars and buildings don't claim the land, but perhaps a 'flag' or 'totem' that can be connected with other tribe members 'flags' or 'totems' so they can have bigger areas to accomodate. Make it so you're able to build anywhere on the map but if you don't have the flag down then the land isn't claimed, and others will still be able to build right next to it. That way it won't ruin what everyone has already built.

Being able to build outside of the of the totem or flag is the best idea, I'm sure others can add upon this idea and hopefully WC will see it.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, USADave85 said:
  • One pillar

12 hours

Two pillars

12 hours

• Metal pillar

12 hours

• Two metal pillars

12 hours

• Metal pillar + ladder

12 hours

• Metal pillar + ceiling

15 days

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Zephyrbell said:

@invincibleqc
They made it so it's ladder + pillar is 12 instead of 15 now?

1 minute ago, USADave85 said:

lol, I thought they confirmed double pillar helped?

It is pretty simple. Every pillars that are not snapped to a ceiling, a foundation or any other structures that block spawns somewhere in their snapped chain get deleted after 12 hours. Even if timer says more, as soon as they get rendered, if they expired for more than 12 hours the server delete them from the database.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

It is pretty simple. Every pillars that are not snapped to a ceiling, a foundation or any other structures that block spawns somewhere in their snapped chain get deleted after 12 hours. Even if timer says more, as soon as they get rendered, if they expired for more than 12 hours the server delete them from the database.

I guess the guy that pillared around my wall has super special powers then because his pillars + ladders were 14 days left last I checked.

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Zephyrbell said:

I guess the guy that pillared around my wall has super special powers then because his pillars + ladders were 14 days left last I checked.

Don't trust the timer you see. As soon as timers will be 12 hours expired from original timer, re-render and they will gets deleted.

1 hour ago, USADave85 said:

So what happens when I'm at work and someone decides to take down my pillars and build a circle around my base in PvE official?

Screen shot make a ticket

1 hour ago, Zephyrbell said:

The same thing that already happened to me. You get screwed.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947162525 

Screen shot make a ticket (be a god damn squeaky wheel.)

On 6/14/2017 at 6:33 AM, bertrob2 said:

I think it is funny how everyone reacted to this post because they were the ones who pillar land claimed everything..lmao? this post is for you, because if you didn't pillar land claim everything then it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place now would it? Congratulations on shooting your self in the foot scenario..lol

I built a new base on the center a few weeks ago...came back and it was surrounded by pillars (a literal circle).  That was my reward for not pillaring....Now if I don't foundation or pillar/ceiling and kill spawns, anyone can block in my main base, kill resource spawns and hot spot dino spawns.  They didn't think this out very well for PvE.  

Same.. ticket sent. My pillars that I had around my fence gone. Somebody else's pillars are now all around my base as close as they could place them. So any changes to my walls are impossible unless I build a new wall away from those pillars and current line of my walls.

I would like to say a few F words to Wildcard, but I'm very polite and won't do that.

Archived