Ark demo?

Fifakingz2580

Hi quick question... I have Ark on ps4 but I am wondering if there is a demo to try on pc? I am asking because I am unsure if my laptop can handle it and don't want to buy it and find out it can't. I have tried Google and read there is a demo to try for a hour but nothing else. Anyone know and or have download links?

there was, at least 2 years ago when the game was still fresh-ish. i think it was a 7 day trial that i tried to later buy the game. maybe they'll do that again but doubt so, as they have regular bargain offers and plenty of testers now (pre-beta).

that said, there are hundreds of thousands pc players. that means plenty of different setups. tell us your stats and we'll give you an estimate. warning though, it's a hog. 

45 minutes ago, Fifakingz2580 said:

Done the test (thanks btw) won't run )-; guess will have to stick with PS4 without mods and being able to make my own deadicated server without a 2nd ps4. 

I have a suggestion, I thought up this alternative although I don't have use for it now

Go take online college classes for a semester, make yourself a half or full time student and apply for financial aid FASFA or whatever you call it. The classes aren't difficult. So get educated, get paid, get out at the end of the semester. Use your pelgrant to buy your computer. A Desktop good enough to run ARK at better than console quality is 600$ minimum, a laptop for ARK $1500 and RESEARCH before you buy one. Also, use Ebay or Amazon to get your pc. A pelgrant is technically your free money to keep and after you handle buying books/other fees the cash is yours. Money is dispersed to you twice in a semester, you get around 2k for full time(4 classes minimum) and 1k for half time(2 Classes) and you get to learn stuff yay fun. Anyways, I give you this information because I was in the same predicament before I got my job at the Men's Wearhouse. I know how much it sucks to feel left out, especially seeing how the laptop i'm replacing can run every game but ARK in good quality.

7 minutes ago, Kamala said:

There's a  “demo “ on pc. It's called steam refund. You are eligble for refund within 14 days after purchase and you can play it for a max of 2 hours. I had to refund it myself, and then buy it for ps4, because My pc sucks. 

One problem with that though... The game is huge, it takes a very long time to download. It also won't run properly for 90% of people without making adjustments to video settings, which takes a bit of screwing around with to hit that sweet spot between performance and visual quality. It's hard to tweak visual settings at times. This is because when you go to any heavily forested area in the island or near the "center" part of The Center map, your FPS will drop immensely. This might be a problem for you if you don't have a beast graphics card. 

Archived