Wildcard, how can you screw cave spawns EVERY TIME?

Voidstar

Since the last patch arrived I played SE only. Been in the north cave, all ok.

Before the patch I was going in the redwoods cave on The Island. There were some buggers all vlvl 300 + some nice loot, I would clear em out with my fat baryonyx, get the loot get out.

Now OH MY DODOING GOD. Basically there s I think around 50 creatures per room, you can t even move. THEY CAN T EVEN MOVE. Swarms of Araneo and Pulmicoscropius but wait...that s not the worst. There are like 30 or more Meganeura on each and every corridor, in each and every room. With some strategy you can ditch everything but the meganeura out.

I was complaining before about the jungle cave in The Center, being full with far too many creatures [besides being a LAGFEST]

But this is even worse. I will attach some pictures. How hard can it *****be to set a decent limit of creatures in a cave?

Please tell me there is a way or a mod to adjust this nonsensical lag and glitchfest.

https://postimg.org/gallery/f9fa71sm/

21 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

Now OH MY DODOING GOD. Basically there s I think around 50 creatures per room, you can t even move. THEY CAN T EVEN MOVE. Swarms of Araneo and Pulmicoscropius but wait...that s not the worst. There are like 30 or more Meganeura on each and every corridor, in each and every room. With some strategy you can ditch everything but the meganeura out.

Sounds like what you can see in lvl 100 Tek Cave. It seems Wildcard has no idea how to make caves difficult without overfilling it with ridiculous amount of hostile dinosaurs.

2 hours ago, Voidstar said:

I ve been maybe 30 times and it has never been like this [single player, maybe that s the difference?]

Yes single player is the difference here.  The caves were actually broken BEFORE in singleplayer and didnt spawn nearly as many mobs as the would on normal servers.  The latest patch fixed the spawns so what you're seeing is actually normal and how it is supposed to be.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that there is to many dinos in the caves. I'd rather have to fight fewer but stronger enemies that won't crash your game. I play on a non-dedicated with a friend. It's just him and I on the center and we wanted to make our way to the underground world but 30' into a cave entrance the game lagged and crashed because of all the dinos in there. I like a challenge but need to fix it to where everyone can get one.

Caves.. you haven't seen The Center water yet? 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=929258216  this is AFTER the sea spawns were supposed to be fixed  (The Center MEGA update). If I could dare to go closer, the whole screen would become white.... :)

But they have the other end of the spectrum as well - on the center 99% of the Tusos spawn behind the seebed walls.. so no tuso for us :)

19 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

But they have the other end of the spectrum as well - on the center 99% of the Tusos spawn behind the seebed walls.. so no tuso for us :)

Just make sure you stay away from the hiding Tuso, they will pull your sea dinos through the sea wall and that's the end of them, and probably you as well if you are still mounted on it.

Archived