New Engram UI in 257 == Terribly Developed, not thought out at all.

Vas

I would like engrams to unlock multiple things.  No more bullcrap where you have to learn 1 engram per item.  I mean come on, whats with all the engram spam?  "Sloped Walls" not "Sloped Wall Left".  What kind of moron would need to learn how to make a sloped wall right, after already knowing how to make the left version!  Combine things like windows.  Window frame and window in one engram.  Doorframe and door in one engram.  Many of these things don't need separate engrams.

1 minute ago, Vas said:

I would like engrams to unlock multiple things.  No more bullcrap where you have to learn 1 engram per item.  I mean come on, whats with all the engram spam?  "Sloped Walls" not "Sloped Wall Left".  What kind of moron would need to learn how to make a sloped wall right, after already knowing how to make the left version!  Combine things like windows.  Window frame and window in one engram.  Doorframe and door in one engram.  Many of these things don't need separate engrams.

On the other side it gives you flexibility of what you need in game at this moment. It useful if you did mind wipe and you don't need, for example, an industrial grill, because you already own one.

However, there must be a button to learn all thatch, wooden, stone, or metal structures. Or the way to filtr them in the easy way and then unlock them one by one.

This new UI is so bad, I spent 3 times longer unlocking everything, or more.  I keep missing poop because its scatterblasted all over the place, and filter doesn't combine it all like the old UI into one group, instead you get one item per level with the search parameters.  Wildcard, you are genius.  For finding a way to actually make something bad, worse.

EDIT: Not to mention the UI is so bad it causes me eye strain.  Like my eyes are bloodshot trying to use this new poop UI.

Yea, thats totally an improvement.... (Below)

20170507071216_1.thumb.jpg.f8a9f22328fca0afd85546b7653c37c8.jpg

I can totally find all the foundations I need in one screen!  I mean, what used to fit on one screen....

I think the engram list is one thing, that survival plus did absolutely right, at lvl 30 you get a bunch of points in one go, and learn a "specialization" Wether it be builder, farmer, blacksmith, things along those lines. I think ther base game could really benefit from that, even though i learn a little bit of everything in the tribe im currently in, but for people who do structured trbies, builders, saddlers, armorers, a design like that would be a huge boon.

Though there are alot of things about that mod, that if combined with the stuff in the base game would be amazing. I personally like building grandiose structures in my own designs, but having the ability to build prefab building, or buildings one story at a time, or making plots that you build off of to your liking is a really cool idea.

But back on topic, I am mainly an xbox player, but i have a custom pc that i go and check everything out on my beast to get a feel for it before hand, i amy just switch over now that console controls are on pc. But, the new engram UI is definetly big and bulky, and i would like to see it be more intuitave. I am also not really a fan of the goal posts being moved for a bunch of engrams. 

2 hours ago, ilShadow said:

I think the engram list is one thing, that survival plus did absolutely right, at lvl 30 you get a bunch of points in one go, and learn a "specialization" Wether it be builder, farmer, blacksmith, things along those lines. I think ther base game could really benefit from that, even though i learn a little bit of everything in the tribe im currently in, but for people who do structured trbies, builders, saddlers, armorers, a design like that would be a huge boon.

Though there are alot of things about that mod, that if combined with the stuff in the base game would be amazing. I personally like building grandiose structures in my own designs, but having the ability to build prefab building, or buildings one story at a time, or making plots that you build off of to your liking is a really cool idea.

But back on topic, I am mainly an xbox player, but i have a custom pc that i go and check everything out on my beast to get a feel for it before hand, i amy just switch over now that console controls are on pc. But, the new engram UI is definetly big and bulky, and i would like to see it be more intuitave. I am also not really a fan of the goal posts being moved for a bunch of engrams. 

Cool looking forward to another console player giving some feedback on the controller updates as well as helping to make sure it's a bit more polished before it gets to consoles. :)

17 minutes ago, mleii said:

Cool looking forward to another console player giving some feedback on the controller updates as well as helping to make sure it's a bit more polished before it gets to consoles. :)

Honestly, they are bloody amazing. I could not be happier, the same limitations are available on pc now as conolse, but i have the remedy of a mouse and keyboard for certain things in addition to that. so i can play exactly like i do on console, with the bonus of being able to do stuff that is pc specific.

Figured I'd attach 2 more images of how stupid this is.

20170508142800_1.thumb.jpg.4e9028276b9b3dcaff7423eba1ce0c3e.jpg

Apparently have to use a separate post because this site has the worst upload policy ever conceived.

Nope, tricked it using edit post function.

20170508143302_1.thumb.jpg.810290349125bc47c5a036d8828281b1.jpg

So yea, once you get to the near end game stuff, where it takes you ages longer to level up because leveling up becomes harder and harder per level, you only unlock like one thing at a time, and thats not unlocking, its only revealed to you as an option.  So this new UI, becomes pointless and stupid and wasteful in space.  It "organizes" the first 30 or so levels before it becomes this crap.

As said above the UI is too large, why the pictures of each item need to be so massive is beyond me.  The old layout was easier to scroll through in my opinion.  What would be nice is to have the option to look through tabs and make the tabs be a category of item such as Weapons, Guns, Saddles, Ammunition, Building Materials sub category thatch, wood, stone etc.  I get the reason for having the ui working via levels for new players but those of us that wind-wipe would love an option to scroll through based on the type of item I want to look at, saddle, structure and so on.

Also pleased give me an option to lose the "LEARNED STONE FOUNDATION" in size 85 font or just change the "learned" to make a checkbox over the thumbnail or turn it green.  A visual that doesn't cover the entire screen would be much more desirable.  

Thanks 

• 4 months later...

Archived