Dinos due for a nerf

Lancelot

8 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Then tame some of those high level dinos and use them to help you.

And don't tell me "notame." That stuff is rubbish.

Yeah, this is ark, not rust or Conan. It's all about the dinos. 

And there are only two skills that matter in this game. Time management (interestingly a very important real life skill) and ark knowledge (probably less important real life skill). Someone who knows how to manage their time to get the most out of 2 hours a day will probably dominate a scatterbrained player who gets to play for 4.

Idk what other skills you think you have but they probably don't matter to this game so don't expect to be rewarded for them. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thedogowl said:

Untameable Giga is intriguing, I mean the wild ones already change loads when you tame them IIRC, maybe give the top tier carnivores a reworking and have the giga as like an angry titan equivalent.

Likewise, I do quite like gigas, they just feel like they're in a weird spot, kinda odd, I don't know, hard to put my finger on rly.

Needs to be removed and stone damaging given to several of the larger tames.. or just reworked into a siege rex that does it's damage against stone but isn't as good as rex against other tames/ spawns..

10 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

They really need to get all the content animals in before they go nerfing or buffing anymore. First they had mammoths which were amazing, then they added beavers which made mammoths obsolete so they nerf beavers buff mammoths, why not just wait till it's all added, then we know what does what and nothing new can affect stuff.

I agree. Complete the game first, then rebalance.

13 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Really!?.. I know what you are saying.. I'm just using the word differently.. nothing is really "difficult" in ark,  just more or less time/resource consuming..

as in making your own definition. Tedium is something we don't need MORe of, it's something we need LESS of. I could go on for HOURS about the tedium of random things in ARK

2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

as in making your own definition. Tedium is something we don't need MORe of, it's something we need LESS of. I could go on for HOURS about the tedium of random things in ARK

It's an mmo... tedium is the norm... you could file it under vernacular... everyone has their own... anyone with even a smidge of reading comprehension could tell what I was saying..

8 hours ago, Kurbbie said:

Dinos are crutches. They shouldnt decimate a ground player like they do. They all need a severe nerf and a lower level cap. Its not cool being lv 90 fighting somwthing lvl 400 that one shots you in ascendant gear.

"hey guys, don't use dinosaurs in a dinosaur survival game. Play this game the way I say it should be played"

a giga one-shots anything WILD. is that an AI crutch? should they be weakened so they're not a threat to your level 90 character? I'm sorry, I have taken the brunt of attacks from level 400+ dinos and lived, and I'm not level 80 yet. You built yourself wrong, that's all there is to that

21 hours ago, 7Eleven said:

I'm honestly of the opinion that dinos should be powered up or given different roles than nerfs for balancing. Players definitely enjoy their old useless dinos suddenly being much better. 

I can't describe how happy I was when the ankylo (My childhood favorite) got the weight buffs. I actively enjoy getting metal now and it used to be a chore. 

Still haven't managed to get a mammoth yet but I'm very excited to find that perfect 150 wild one so I'm holding out for that. Before the buffs I couldn't care less. 

People love feeling like they're getting a good deal, buffs definitely play to that but nerfs give you the opposite feeling.

I'm 100% with this guy. I think there are a lot of older dinos that need to be given love rather than just doing blanket nerfs. Give pack buffs to things that make sense, like Raptors and Direwolves, on the topic of Direwolves (and Wyverns, for that matter) - give them SADDLES! Maybe not mandatory ones but something, like the Equus how they don't HAVE to have a saddle but the saddle adds function.. Or at least armor. FML give them armor!! 

Other changes.. a patrol command for certain dinos would be fan-freaking-tastic - they will fight things off but they'll not stray beyond a certain boundary, and they'll return to where they started after awhile? Omg this would be amazeballs..

Trex's need some more functionality probably, give their roar the fear like the new Yutyrannus (because why in the heck would that be scarier than a Trex???)

Back to armor... Wyvern. Tek. Armor! Direwolf tek armor! OMG YES. This would be the greatest thing ever - Go @Jat , Go forth and make this real!

Anyhow.. sorry for the randomo-origato but those are some of my thoughts.. Buff/love older Dinos, don't nerf new ones! (Except the Eel. F those guys!)

4 hours ago, icycold2367 said:

Everyone requesting more nerfs remember what happened when we complained about flyers right? Next up will be gigas getting a home run hit by the nerf bat and wont be able to hold up to a carno. Their bigger and stronger than a rex! This game isnt after the realism factor of them vs rex or spino. 

Gigas have already been nerfed into the ground, the ones that need nerfed are the wild gigas. Those things are stupid OP.

18 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Skill, as in who can abuse lag the most to club the other unconscious while being unhittable.

ARK is balanced around taming the various dinosaurs to help combat the stronger ones. If you want a no-tame survival PvP game, there's tons of them out there, and some of them are actually decent.

Only one on xbox one. Atleast til age of conan comes out. Not everyone has 12 hours to tame something.

Also, therea little to no lag on no tame. Its mostly idiots trying to abuse the club and they get piked due to the pike actually working properly.

On 5/3/2017 at 6:39 AM, Kurbbie said:

Dinos are crutches. They shouldnt decimate a ground player like they do. They all need a severe nerf and a lower level cap. Its not cool being lv 90 fighting somwthing lvl 400 that one shots you in ascendant gear.

So your thinking that if I workout a bunch, and wear some armor, I should be able to withstand a T-Rex bite no big deal? 

Dinos aren't OP, I can literally solo any dino in the game with a rifle/bow by standing on a ledge(granted a titan would take a very long time). You shouldn't be doing hand to hand combat with a TRex or a Spino, if you are. You're doing it wrong.

Your character is like 6ft 200lbs(with some variation), I don't think you were meant to brawl with a 2 ton Mammoth. 

Go play a no-tame server. Or maybe an Anky/quetzal shouldnt be able to hold 60 stacks of metal that you use to make your ascendant gear. 

Nerfing of Dino's only brings the good Dino's down it doesn't change the lower teir Dino's much like after the flier nerf people still rode fliers to get from place to place but would try out some other Dino's to experiment. Personally I think Dino's should be buffed like the terror bird, pachy, diplo, and other Dino's that are just decor or tamed for kibble really need a buff the nerfing won't change any of these. There are also some mechanics in the game that shouldn't be possible like the eels can knock a player off of a mosa or plesi that really shouldn't be possible like these high end Dino's take ours to tame but a raptoring eel can knock a player off and possibly kill them. WC needs to buff the useless Dino's to put them in a good place first so before thinking about any nerfs . 

22 hours ago, DarkCloud said:

So your thinking that if I workout a bunch, and wear some armor, I should be able to withstand a T-Rex bite no big deal? 

Dinos aren't OP, I can literally solo any dino in the game with a rifle/bow by standing on a ledge(granted a titan would take a very long time). You shouldn't be doing hand to hand combat with a TRex or a Spino, if you are. You're doing it wrong.

Your character is like 6ft 200lbs(with some variation), I don't think you were meant to brawl with a 2 ton Mammoth. 

Go play a no-tame server. Or maybe an Anky/quetzal shouldnt be able to hold 60 stacks of metal that you use to make your ascendant gear. 

I do play no tame, hence why dinos are op. Not wild dinos, tamed dinos are op. Extremely op, and are used as crutches. 

Just now, Kurbbie said:

I do play no tame, hence why dinos are op. Not wild dinos, tamed dinos are op. Extremely op, and are used as crutches. 

I also feel the same.. I'm thinking a more rts type cap system were tames take up more than 1 cap space the bigger you go.. (dodos would take 1 cap, a rex might take up 6 to 8 cap), I feel this would encourage more player combat on tame servers and also more strategic play with tames instead of rex/giga/etc spam)..

18 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I'm thinking a more rts type cap system were tames take up more than 1 cap space the bigger you go.. (dodos would take 1 cap, a rex might take up 6 to 8 cap), I feel this would encourage more player combat on tame servers and also more strategic play with tames instead of rex/giga/etc spam)..

They would need to get the kibble tree out of the way first, but otherwise I think that that's a good idea.

23 minutes ago, Kurbbie said:

Then why complain? They already created a game mode specifically for your preferred play style. And it's wild dinos who are underpowered, not the other way around. A human should not even be comparable to a dinosaur, regardless of armor or weaponry. You could just as easily say that armor and weapons are crutches because they make you stronger than someone in their underwear.

Archived