For the people that think devs don't care. Hint

Volcano637

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Shrekasaurus said:

I really do think some people just get a kick out of hating on Wildcard and Ark at this point:P

I've spent countless hours on this game (Xbox) and I totally think it was worth the money. 

Yeah seriously. I have payed 60 bucks on a brand new game and literally traded it in the next day(resident evil 6) god I can't believe they did that to the series!!!!!! Nevertheless, I am still glad I paid the money for it and that was 1 hour of play time. I was pissed but atleast I knew lol

i also never buy season passes anymore before release. I don't mind paying a little extra to make sure I will stick around for the expansions

47 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

50$, where do you live? I bought the the game full priced at 17$ and still think it was too much. I would have prefered to buy it with the last discount they put on it. The game on Steam was a nice 6.73$. Much more in line with the real value of this. Strangly they put the game at that stupid low price just at the same time they released the nerf, just as if they wanted to negate a drop in the playerbase, The steamchart shows a drop of 0.44% in the last 30 day, and a gain of 2.81% in april,(small gain after the 22.74% drop in marsh). 

I don't understand this attitude. Clearly this game has inspired great passion in you to drive you to such lengths to post constructive criticism, so you must have played it for many hours by now. Do you think this should be a free to play game? I have paid far more for games that were literal trash. Looking at you, the Division.

This game is still in Alpha. It is not feature complete. It is an early access title which is why it is 20 dollars. It will most likely rise to in price once it leaves early access alpha, just like Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft which were both released in early access.

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

Whilst I don't really agree with people's mentality of "time spent = dollar value" when it comes to games, there's a little bit of jocularity to be had in you saying that you believe a game you've spent 2330.6 hours on isn't worth $17, but a game you've only spent 169.4 hours on can appear to be worth as much as $60, more if you buy the DLC since you own regular Skyrim rather than the special edition.

The sheer amount of content, the lore behind the game, fact that i played almost every elder scroll except online, you can be sure of something, when the 6th come out, im gonna dish out another 60$ for it. That is a quality game franchise. Bethesda never disapointed me(except for the one time they tried to sell mods but at least, they admitted it was a bad move and came back on their decision) something i can not really say about WC. The amount of decision WC took without any consulting of the broader audience and not only the little bunch of forum moderators and official game testers, the lack of warnings and warning that comes right before major changes come, and after that having the balls to make joke on all of those they pissed. Show me better behavior WC and you game will have more value to me, but right now, that's about how i feel valued as customer/player.

Value of a game for me is something dynamic, not static. The value can go up and down depnding a number of factors.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Naerah(Qc) said:

The sheer amount of content, the lore behind the game, fact that i played almost every elder scroll except online, you can be sure of something, when the 6th come out, im gonna dish out another 60$ for it. That is a quality game franchise. Bethesda never disapointed me(except for the one time they tried to sell mods but at least, they admitted it was a bad move and came back on their decision) something i can not really say about WC. The amount of decision WC took without any consulting of the broader audience and not only the little bunch of forum moderators and official game testers, the lack of warnings and warning that comes right before major changes come, and after that having the balls to make joke on all of those they pissed. Show me better behavior WC and you game will have more value to me, but right now, that's about how i feel valued as customer/player.

Which again, makes little sense when people apply the "hours to dollars" mentality when it comes to getting value out of games, as you're spending so much less time on a game that costs more, but find one that you spend so much time on to be worth less.

4 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

I think you would still buy another dlc if they came out with it though. Not just that but if you didn't you would be behind the curve and then probably have to leave 

5 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

I want to point out that you are writing essays over having spent seventeen dollars on a video game. Take a step back and put it in perspective friend. Seventeen dollars isn't even enough to feed a family for a week in the west. It's a miniscule amount of money.

3 minutes ago, DankestKhan said:

I want to point out that you are writing essays over having spent seventeen dollars on a video game. Take a step back and put it in perspective friend. Seventeen dollars isn't even enough to feed a family for a week in the west. It's a miniscule amount of money.

Im only here to help improve the game(i admit in a direction i'd like). I openly accept that others have complete opposite opinions to mine.

1 minute ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Im only here to help improve the game(i admit in a direction i'd like). I openly accept that others have complete opposite opinions to mine.

I agree with this sentiment. The developers need constructive criticism though. It's no wonder they have largely abandoned these forums in favor of Twitter, look at how toxic and hostile every thread is since the nerf.

30 minutes ago, DankestKhan said:

I agree with this sentiment. The developers need constructive criticism though. It's no wonder they have largely abandoned these forums in favor of Twitter, look at how toxic and hostile every thread is since the nerf.

Truthfully though, that is their own fault. They brought in a stealth nerf that very few people wanted, rendering lots of peoples time wasted.

27 minutes ago, DankestKhan said:

I just want them to understand how detrimental to them is their lack of communication and of keeping us informed. I've been like with this since winter event 2015. I'm not the kind of guy who will not says what i think, but i always try to keep it civil at least.

3 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

Truthfully though, that is their own fault. They brought in a stealth nerf that very few people wanted, rendering lots of peoples time wasted.

People are able to control themselves though. I mean if they feel that mad about a game I guess that is their right but they still had the choice. Not devs fault

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

People are able to control themselves though. I mean if they feel that mad about a game I guess that is their right but they still had the choice. Not devs fault

Except it is the devs fault that this forum has become toxic since the nerf. They provided next to no communication prior to the nerf, and then once the nerf hit, they barely communicated. They did say they would be buffing the flyers several times until they had them balanced. Instead, they buffed them once (barely enough to be considered a buff) and then they went silent on any further buffs. You may consider the flyers balanced, but they are nowhere near balanced to the roles the Right Hand set out for them, and definitely not compared to the land dinos.

4 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

Except it is the devs fault that this forum has become toxic since the nerf. They provided next to no communication prior to the nerf, and then once the nerf hit, they barely communicated. They did say they would be buffing the flyers several times until they had them balanced. Instead, they buffed them once (barely enough to be considered a buff) and then they went silent on any further buffs. You may consider the flyers balanced, but they are nowhere near balanced to the roles the Right Hand set out for them, and definitely not compared to the land dinos.

Balanced? No   OP? Also no.

so atleast it is this way until they do get balanced. Better than the alternative 

The fact that hey haven't finished this game after a year of being in early access is absurd.

Making dramatic changes is unacceptable.

We paid for access to to this game, we deserve excellent customer support.

The devs dont care about their customers.

And if you agree with any of the above, you need to get your morals in check, because you are very much part of what makes me upset about gamers these days.

What other game developers made as much progress, in leaps and bounds, as wildcard did in just a single year of public release??

What the hell did you expect when buying a game that wasn't finished?

What do you expect from a game that requires no monthly fee?

How do you expect them to continue making sales? (and you better believe they still do)

The entitlement of this age of gamers is astounding. Maybe Im getting old, but back in my day, if we didn't like a game, we just didn't play it. 

Now imagine a world where you wait for years for the next in a series of some big title, only for it to end up in your hands as something completely different than you expected. Today, you have the advantage of being able to investigate what a game is going to be like, from a large magnitude of sources. You have the advantage of playing it early, and helping shape the game into something great in the end. Your opinions matter, but your attitudes make you look like a greedy child.

I support the OP here. This reply is not directed at anyone on this thread, but at the masses who cry and complain over something equivalent to a stubbed toe.... 

Love Ark and play it, or hate it and leave it. It is really that simple.

4 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

The fact that hey haven't finished this game after a year of being in early access is absurd.

And if you agree with any of the above, you need to get your morals in check, because you are very much part of what makes me upset about gamers these days.

What other game developers made as much progress, in leaps and bounds, as wildcard did in just a single year of public release??

How do you expect them to continue making sales? (and you better believe they still do)

The entitlement of this age of gamers is astounding. Maybe Im getting old, but back in my day, if we didn't like a game, we just didn't play it. 

Now imagine a world where you wait for years for the next in a series of some big title, only for it to end up in your hands as something completely different than you expected. Today, you have the advantage of being able to investigate what a game is going to be like, from a large magnitude of sources. You have the advantage of playing it early, and helping shape the game into something great in the end. Your opinions matter, but your attitudes make you look like a greedy child.

I support the OP here. This reply is not directed at anyone on this thread, but at the masses who cry and complain over something equivalent to a stubbed toe.... 

Agreed this is how i've felt. i like constructive criticism and talking to the devs not berating them and saying they don't care. If someone wants a look into how developers think. I suggest to watch yanderi simulator developer updates on youtube. He fleshes out his ideas and thoughts and you can see how the developmental process works. Since his game is a lot smaller audience wise i cant imagine what its like for the ark devs.

theyre trying theyre best guys! I promise

8 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

Mostly agree with you except for that "Love Ark and play it, or hate it and leave it. It is really that simple.". It's no more that simple, Back when i was kid, games that came out on cartridge, and after on CD-roms, were (most of the time) completely fleshed out and optimized games, getting into a beta was hard as hell and generaly required you to have a background in playing similar games, expansion packs were sold after the game was released and game tester was actually a well payed and boring job (in race games, dragging each car against the border of a track/map to find spot where you fall or get off of it.

Today we pay to enter betas, we pay to test games, developers can release unfinished games and make profit out of them all while developing it(while this is not a bad thing, the lack of regulation around that new trend can become one, it's not uncommon to see compagnies take advantage of loopholes in the law to make profits) and developers gave us a choice to influence the development of a game.

It's no more as simple as play it or quit it.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, DankestKhan said:

Minecraft, a wildly successful game about 16 bit voxel blocks, was in early access for over two years.

And DayZ one of the founding games for the "survival sandbox" that spawned the likes of rust and h1z1, will hit its 4th year in December this year.

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

And DayZ one of the founding games for the "survival sandbox" that spawned the likes of rust and h1z1, will hit its 4th year in December this year.

DayZ is just "Forever alpha/early access" game. They will never release it. So far none of big sandbox survival games was released from Early Access. ARK may have the biggest chance, but Wildcard has to avoid a feature creep, because they would never reach 1.0.

16 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

7 days to die has been early access for a few years now. I think it is awesome 

Archived