Wipe this awful update!

IamCake072

7 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Well i was for the first nerf fiasco, been here since the first week of july 2015 and was watching a streamer play since june, people still talk about it on Steam forum. Not as often of course. To summarize for those who were not ther back then, they nerfed every living tame so much, destroying the breeds that people had worked since breeding was realeased, stayed silent for 2 week, then started a long process of buffiing things up that took months. This is exactly at that point flyer became apparently overused, due to the fact that 3 raptor levels 17-22 being able to kill a lv 55 rex. Right after the nerf, any wild could kill any of your tame under 15sec(im not even exagerating that much).

Server i played on started using Annunaki Genesis. 

So this flyer nerf is basically a smaller rehash of what happened last year, the same way it happened. The backlash is bigger this time tough.

Same, been playing properly since the first day of release on xbox, had a few stints on pc before hand but didn't get into it till the xbox drop, now I play it on both. That nerf was not a fun time at all, by that time I had got into taming and breeding for the tribe I was in, we quickly realised that the melee increases per level where astronomical and tamed/bred a load of rex's, wolfs and worst of all spinos that had melee reaching into the 1000's, nothing could defend against it, the pack of spinos could even drop a wild giga if you got the drop on it,  Pretty balanced yeah? I wasn't active on the forums back then so didn't know the nerf had dropped, logged on to do a meat run thinking I was invincible and got wrecked by 4 trikes i'd tried to munch on, they destroyed my spino, went back to base to see the HP, melee and stam had all been nerfed, in the end my tribe mates went around with shotguns and killed all the weeks/months of breeding and taming we had done out of anger and said they'd quit..... the whole server did, still see them all on now tho.

Nothing will change, it will be forgotten about in a few month like the first nerf was.

Ark will live.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beatnick667 said:

Still should've left Pve alone, private servers and private gamers.  We were forgotten, it's not ok to lump all gamers together.  Seems kinda lazy.  We might get our choice back someday, if they maybe find the time.  But why should our gaming experience be crap, because of primarily pvp player complaints?

I'm sorry, is PvE actually a separate game? The only thing that should be different about PvE is player interactions. Please, explain your reasoning, since all you are actually saying is that you don't like it.

6 minutes ago, Beatnick667 said:

Still should've left Pve alone, private servers and private gamers.  We were forgotten, it's not ok to lump all gamers together.  Seems kinda lazy.  We might get our choice back someday, if they maybe find the time.  But why should our gaming experience be crap, because of primarily pvp player complaints?

It wasn't primarily PvP complaints that caused the nerf tho, it was at best a mixed choice between PvP and PvE, there are just as many reasons for the nerf being valid for PvE as there are for any other play mode.

20 minutes ago, Beatnick667 said:

Unofficials should be able to adjust settings via ini (PC) or the admin screens (consoles) I agree (and maybe they will get that at some stage), but no, PvE should not be excluded from a nerf that balances the base game mechanics.

39 minutes ago, Beatnick667 said:

lol i play PVE exclusively now and i get sick from all these entitled 'dont take any of my broken things away from me' posts. if the devs dont think the GAME needs to be this way then the GAME needs to change, gamemodes dont matter. They found fliers to be fundamentally flawed and changed them. and im glad they did

Opinion rejected mostly I guess.

1 hour ago, Quirky said:

I'm sorry, is PvE actually a separate game? The only thing that should be different about PvE is player interactions. Please, explain your reasoning, since all you are actually saying is that you don't like it.

Is pvp the same gameplay style as pve, no.  What I'm say is, private and unofficial, as well as single should have the choice.  It's already on the menu as a choice is it not?  To over generalize and lump everyone together when there are many game styles that many people play.  This should have been for official pvp and pve servers giving others the right to choose.  Why make everyone follow what the official server players need?  Wasn't that before.  

4 minutes ago, Beatnick667 said:

Opinion rejected mostly I guess.

Is pvp the same gameplay style as pve, no.  What I'm say is, private and unofficial, as well as single should have the choice.  It's already on the menu as a choice is it not?  To over generalize and lump everyone together when there are many game styles that many people play.  This should have been for official pvp and pve servers giving others the right to choose.  Why make everyone follow what the official server players need?  Wasn't that before.  

Equating pve to the options of private, official, and single player is ridiculous. Private, official, and single player are your initial choices. After that, you pick pve or pvp. It's a separate choice. And yet still, it's all the same game. There's no lumping together or generalizing, it's all the same game. You're still trying to make out like because you are pve you are playing a completely different game. You are not. The only difference with pve is players cannot harm other players. So again, what is your reasoning? How does any of this affect pve in such a way that it shouldn't other than you don't like it?

Wow, you really do have a closed mind.  Yes all games with your philosophy, only have to offer is exactly what you in particular want.  Good job.  By that reasoning, any game with pvp is only pvp.  Sorry king of nothing but pvp and pve have different rules and gameplay just because it's the same rendered world doesn't mean it's played the same with the same rules.  I do like both side of the player experience, don't care if you don't in your limited world.  Be a little more open minded, it would be a massive mistake for WC to think like you.  You are not the only type of player in the world.  When did reality come into play with a video game about freaking Dino's, where you can get force fields and space tech?  Yup a stodgy single sided gameplay is exactly what people love about this game.  Said only those who are trolling for attention or because they want an easier pvp experience.  

8 hours ago, TranqRex said:

Unofficials should be able to adjust settings via ini (PC) or the admin screens (consoles) I agree (and maybe they will get that at some stage), but no, PvE should not be excluded from a nerf that balances the base game mechanics.

Jat has already touched on this.. saying that this is what is intended (more options for unofficials) but that they are currently too busy with getting the game to full release atm..

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, Crows said:

It really isn't that bad.. it feels bad at first, sure.. but it's similar to when you (well, I did) first start the game and you're absolutely clueless and confused with navigating the UI. It's basically the same, but now I'm getting used to it.

My only problems with it is that it's bugged. R2 doesn't let us craft (it has always been R2, PS4) so we have to double tap X just to craft 1 thing. 

When typing in the search to find an item, like Hide, and after the Playstation keypad minimizes, the game becomes unresponsive to any button you press until you press the PS button to go to the dashboard and back to the game. This happens 80% of the time.

Ascendant items look terrible, color-wise.

I mentioned this issue last week to Jat. He said he'd look into it. Hopefully, it'll get fixed.

@Jat Hi Jat! Remember when I mentioned this "menu stuck" issue on your post about the recent patch for the consoles? Well, here's another player encountering the issue. Seems like this problem goes to other menus as well.

On 01/05/2017 at 1:56 PM, hollander said:

Easy to get the elements when your a well established alfa tribe. I find it funny the way you think you know someone by a single post. 

You don't know a thing about me nor my experience in this game, people have to right to complain and whine as much as they like. 

The fact is the majority of the player base on xbox one has real problems with this nerf, and they want to express those feelings. But the best way to do it is to quit the game. 

I'm not even going to get involved in a discussion with someone that thinks they know other peoples perspective over 1 simple post. NEXT?

Majority? Nice crystal ball or assumptions,either way you can't back up your words with any actual evidence ?

4 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

Majority? Nice crystal ball or assumptions,either way you can't back up your words with any actual evidence ?

I correct, I assume the majority does not like the update. And i look at my friendbase and the 2 servers I play in as feedback for that thought. 

My server is practically dead compared to last week, there's an average of 18-30 people online. When first there were 60+ at almust all time. 

Same for pc, alot of official servers isint what it used to be. That's okay though, I have the feeling this update does have some benefits, it makes pvp much more bearable.  Yesterday I manage to get many loot prior to first as it's much easier to shoot people from there birds now.

The more i play I have to admit I understand why they nerfed, but the lack in communication in combination to the severeness of the update. Makes it to much for alot of players especially the people that play online in pvp/off

That's the reason why I quit/took a long break, I'm hoping it balances a bit more then il be back.

On 28-4-2017 at 6:21 AM, IamCake072 said:

Devs arrogance is destroying whats left of this game. Washed out graphics, terrible new interface and the flying nerf. Really dropping the ball 

New UI is perfect for me on PC. Console may need some tweaks. Flying nerf is alright for PvP. To PvE it gives back the Environment because everyone was flying and escaping the 'environment'. It's still an alpha game so to buy it and then complain that stuff gets changed is a bit naive. 

Archived