[PVE] Wildcard destroys the endgame content on purpose

Sky.NET

14 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

"I would posit a challenge to any aspiring modders out there: Write a clean boss fight with one of our bosses in one of our arenas entirely in even semi-optimized blueprint, and make that fight match the criteria of "not just a slugfest"."

Took me less than a minute to come up with how to accomplish that. Too bad I'm not a modder.

Spider boss: Boss spends most of the fight on a huge web on the ceiling. It continually pops out minions that need to be taken care of while spitting poison at players that forms pools of poison on the ground that need to be avoided. Meanwhile, others go after the strands holding the web up with ranged attacks while still others attack the strands close to the ground with melee. Once all the strands are destroyed the boss falls to the ground, takes a massive amount of fall damage, is stunned for a bit which allows a bit of damage to be done to her, and then the fight proceeds like the devs designed it albeit with far less health during the slugfest phase.

As far as I can tell the only major change to the AI is that the boss wanders around on the web for a bit while spitting poison and then falls down once the web breaks. If any modder wants to use that to get a job at Wildcard then feel free. :D

That seems nice but again I understand that they can't work on new mechanics. So they'll have to do, sadly, because while the idea is actually very good, it'll bring its own host of problems in terms of bugs.

So really they can keep the mechanics, but make the fight numerically possible.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

That seems nice but again I understand that they can't work on new mechanics. So they'll have to do, sadly, because while the idea is actually very good, it'll bring its own host of problems in terms of bugs.

So really they can keep the mechanics, but make the fight numerically possible.

I didn't mean it as a suggestion for Wildcard. I know they're busy with other things. Was just pointing out how easy it was to meet that criteria and maybe helping a modder fix one of the boss fights. I did run it by a game dev from another company. She said the changes wouldn't be that difficult to implement and that ARK's engine should be able to handle it.

4 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

I didn't mean it as a suggestion for Wildcard. I know they're busy with other things. Was just pointing out how easy it was to meet that criteria and maybe helping a modder fix one of the boss fights. I did run it by a game dev from another company. She said the changes wouldn't be that difficult to implement and that ARK's engine should be able to handle it.

Ah all right my bad then :)

To the OP, because WC does not give a crap about you, me, or the players of ark. They are creating a game THEY like, not what players like. To lock out ini so server admins cannot revert fliers is a slap in the face. 

Their attempts to buff the fliers is laughable. There will be no mk3 buff, or any buffs at all after patch 256. The game is dying a slow painful death the WC knows it. This is why they have payed ppl to leave one line, garbage reviews to recommend this game. They know they screwed up royal and don't know what to do... Oh wait, I know... add more stupid content like a giant effingg bee, but not fix fliers or the bugs. WC, you nut jobs. 

3 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Tbh they could just scale down hp and damage of the bosses but I assume that's extremely challenging to do, I mean just opening some sort of notepad, deleting said values and replacing them with a different set of numbers is more than likely excrutiatingly difficult.

No but seriously. I'm fine if they leave the bossfight mechanics as they are. But they have to be legitimately winnable. As in, a balanced bossfight. So it's all good if the 20 rex strat works. But having them die nearly instantly, or not be able to win in time, when you know THERE IS NO BETTER STRATEGY, is very, very unfair.

Today I saw how dinos are being claimed from a 3 man tribe who left after several failed attempts on arenas and the following flyer nerf. And realized that even this issue which we discussed so many times and devs agreed to fix long time ago is still there. Not sure what can we expect regarding arenas.

If 20 rexes are capable to defeat bosses that'll be great. I don't think they'll be able to defeat the Dragon though. Even if the boss is heavily nerfed. It flies most of the time and the fire takes % from HP. So unless mechanics are changed rexes can't do it, players shooting seems like the only option.

However maybe they can scale boss stats based on players amount. It makes no sense that 2 players fight against the same boss as 10 players do. The amount of element could be scalable too. It was already suggested in many places including the Reddit post. To my opinion scalable bosses, which is technically not hard to achieve, will solve most of these issues.

On Thursday, April 06, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Sky.NET said:

Disclaimer for the trolls:

1. i play officials because i play MMOs the MMO way: with MASSIVE amounts of players.
    Private servers dont have massive amount of players and will never have (massive = sth. like 2000 ppl at once online, or more, the more the better)
  2. I play PVE simply because i have a job and i cant commit myself often enough to please ppl inside a active PVP tribe, they would kick me for "being not active enough" and "not being there at raid times"
    i played many PVP games before, also that ones where you have to stay ingame forever or you get rekt, i can remember the time last year, had no job, when i played reign of kings and for 2 weeks only slept 3 nights in total to get rid of some digusting idiots infesting our home-server (they also used hacks and item duping, soooo, we got rid of them but it nearly screwed me),
    me and my guild showed them the exit and it was pretty fun and intense (and fair balanced, after the hackusers got banned by the devs)

This topic is purely about PVE on official servers.
If you dont play on official servers, if you dont care about PVE, if you have no idea what "endgame" means bec. you lack hours played:

• I respect ppl playing on private servers
  • I respect ppl prefering PVP mode for their own resons
  • I respect beginners in this game, i know its harsh and hard to make progress
  • I respect ppl saying TEK does not fit into the game at all

So please dont even consider judging me based on the way i play, this happens too often and always ends up in stupid flamewars.
Before you answer: please consider, based on your prefered playstyle and your experience in this game, if you are even able to contribute anything to my topic.

@Jen, @Jat, @1david25, @ciabattaroll, @lilpanda

They screw us all (official pve players at least).

To get to tek you have to breed insane values
~~> horrible Timesink, no skill needed at all, just time

To get the Mats beside Element for Tek you need Black pearls (Swimmer nerf), Polymer (Flyer/Wyvern nerf), Metal/Crystal (Flyer/Quetz nerf)
~~> horrible Timesink, no skill needed at all, just time

To get a resonable amount of Element, you need to beat the bosses (i put it into a quote for readability):

If you have been lucky to get a ticket to a bossfight before the patch and you have learned the transmitter engram already, you 'just' need to kill the broodmother on easy 4 times to get the element.
With the new feed-nerf, you wont be able to do that as long as you dont have at least 80 low/mid-range rex or 40 high/mid-range rex or 20 extreme high-range rex.
Because after one fight you will have to heal.
You will have to heal 30 minutes.
30 Minutes * 4 = 2h
Plus the fights of ~15 min = 1h
3h time investment to get enough element for 1 transmitter (IF YOU HAVE THE ENGRAM!!!)

So, okay, a transmitter is a special item, you only need ~10 of them at all i think, so 30h are needed to get 400 element.
That was relatively fine for me (relativeley, because i already HAVE the tekgrams from the last patch before 256).

(this is a crazy number, add the 4 days of breeding and imprinting the rex, most likely not all at once so add 12 days for 3 batches, 288h needed before you are 'allowed' to invest the additional 30h to get this stuff)

Now, we have a teleporter that needs element-shards.
Now, we have a generator, that needs element to run.

Its useless, no one will EVER use it or grind for it.
Same with the transmitters as soon as they enable element usage on it (you can turn it on and off, guess why?).

Especially on PVE everything else beside the doors and the transmitter is completely overpriced, worthless and no one even THINKS about crafting anything from the TEK Tier except those (yet, like i said, they will enable element costs on transmitters too, then it will just be the doors left).

Conclusion

Maybe beginners/mid-game are fine with all those nerfs, but for me, after 3500h ARK, already in the end-game phase, they litterally stopped any possibility for me to make progress.
My willingness to grind, to do tasks like pick up stone from the beach for 8 hours to build 10 stone foundations i had when the game came out is gone.
My Base is half TEK, i have Transmitters everywhere i need them, but thats it, i will not be able to get more TEK and im not willing to grind element on a regular basis.
Its just not worth it.
And despite im a solo player, i always gather with my allies on their or my server to beat the boss.
And additionally we meet up on my PRIVATE dedicated server, just for one reason: to TRAIN for the bosses.
Thats why we have been able to progress at all, i dont even wanna think about 'just trying' different strats on a hard boss on official, that would be insane, you will lose more than 2000 dinos + equip etc. until you maybe finally kill the boss.
If this is the intetion of the devs, to kill the endgame, then i accept it, then i consider ark as "played through" and put it aside, i dont want to do that tho, i like the game, and i want to continue playing it, and i will for a bit, but if it stays like this, and im stucked in a progression-phase without ANY hope to get further, why should i play ark at all?

It was hard to play and progress without the flyer-nerf, without the blueprint-nerf, without the feeding-nerf, without the farming-nerf, without the c4-nerf, without the rocketlauncher-nerf and without the swimming-nerf, but now its just crazy, its not worth it, you play a game to make progress by time and skill investment, skill in ark is pure brainpower used on optimizing daily workflows, 'gamer skill' you dont need anywhere, and the time investment seems to be the compensation for that lack of needed "gamer-skill" (reaction time, consciousness, good strategizing etc.).
Recently the needed time-investment just completely exploded.

If you want your players to enjoy all content on your official servers, then give em a balancing that makes it possible to do so.

Mind = Blown

Why do they give us 3x the ressources at harvesting, but then make it 10x slower to get anywhere to do something with them?

Im sorry man but we need to test these things.. most on your list are rebalanced issues because of minor glitches, over saturation etc.. if you work with it with constructive comments it will change to a better game.

1 hour ago, The1stOrder said:

Im sorry man but we need to test these things.. most on your list are rebalanced issues because of minor glitches, over saturation etc.. if you work with it with constructive comments it will change to a better game.

cool fullquote, was about to forget what i wrote xD

can you tell me what isnt constructive in my op?

also you dont need to be sorry, and i dont understand what you mean by "rebalanced issues"

I don´t think the difficulty on any boss fight is too hard at the moment. 

Our allies and us are ~15 people and so far (with the broodmother bug) we have been able to farm Element relatively easy. But even without it. What would that change? It would make us stop farming Hard Broodmother. Instead we would have to farm medium or easy. That is just a problem of investing ~ double the time currently needed.

The availability of the engrams is also not too difficult in my opinion. With proper strategy and 285% assault rifles we killed the Megapithecus and Dragon on hard in less than 10 minutes. Both were killed without loosing a single dino or player.

Just start organizing a group. That was what we did. Ask all trustworthy allies that have high stat rexes if they want to participate and sooner or later you will have a team and more and more people will ask to join your runs.

On 09/04/2017 at 5:06 AM, Jerryn said:

Well, it does, and it doesn't.

To beat the higher level bosses, you need your tames, but you also need to help them.  You need to use stuff with a high DPS.  Many think that is rockets, but since rpgs do splash damage, you are likely hurting your tames as much as your target.

From what I have seen, some of the more effective weapons have been compound bow and metal arrows, simple pistol, fab pistol, and the AR; of course, you need higher level equipment.

If you rely on just the damage done by your tames, you can power through some of the bosses, but I am pretty sure you will run out of time on the bigger ones.  And, you may also need a strategy of using them in waves, so that they are not getting trashed at one time, unless they are glitching it enough to prevent attacks; then it is really up to the extra damage you and your tribe does to get the job done.

With that said, after the do the TLC/rebalance passes on everything, I do hope they take a look at the bosses, so that creative(but not too cheesy) strategies can be employed.

For example, I tried to take a Thyla into the Megapithecus arena but it got left behind.  Later, I used admin to bring it in.  You can definitely do a lot of climbing with it in that arena, which could make for a completely different type of fight.

This might be okay if it actually worked, the Dragon just outright kills everything in it's path so your dinosaurs are toast without the ledge exploit even with 50k hp on a rex it'll get melted before 80% of the dragons lifebar goes down. 
It's essentially got the power of a giga with a larger AOE and an overpowered flame attack.

The monkey is just insanely powerful and without 400% guns it's insanely hard to defeat even kiting it with 5 rexes (one at a time) while 9 shoot. with 285% guns the timers runs out 4/5 times.

The brood mother is just a huge cost of rexes if you run it off it's bridge and swarm it with 20 rexes while you shoot it from the top of the bridge you'll easily kill it in time, at the cost of it killing about 8 rexes with its 1 shot attack over the duration.

11 minutes ago, Morloa said:

This might be okay if it actually worked, the Dragon just outright kills everything in it's path so your dinosaurs are toast without the ledge exploit even with 50k hp on a rex it'll get melted before 80% of the dragons lifebar goes down. 
It's essentially got the power of a giga with a larger AOE and an overpowered flame attack.

The monkey is just insanely powerful and without 400% guns it's insanely hard to defeat even kiting it with 5 rexes (one at a time) while 9 shoot. with 285% guns the timers runs out 4/5 times.

The brood mother is just a huge cost of rexes if you run it off it's bridge and swarm it with 20 rexes while you shoot it from the top of the bridge you'll easily kill it in time, at the cost of it killing about 8 rexes with its 1 shot attack over the duration.

Was there a buff to the bosses?

I sure remember that the Megapithecus on Hard was a 7 minute job with 285% assault rifles about a month ago. No dinos or players got hurt.

We used the kiting tactic aswell.

Grandeur  7 minutes ago

Death after defeating Broodmother why?

so i have defeated broodmother and sitting on my trex when its suddenly loads out of instance fine 
however my dinos land at platform where we went in i get sent to a bed and loose EVERYTHING I HAVE ON ME i return to the platform i see no corpse no items nothing on my dinos either anyone care to explain
this has happened both times i defeated broodmother

Showing 1-1 of 1 comments

Somsan  Just now 

If you sit on a rex while the port hits you. You will be dead.
If you watch at an inventory while the port hit you. You will be dead.
It's a hidden feature you can not learn at the game but i was rly surprised that it was not written down at the ark wiki homepage, which you should defintily use to play this game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133262487501043992/

Just wanna throw this in.
Its not only undoable, you get wiped after doing it.
Imho, if you combine the crazy effort to fight a boss, and the fact they struggle nearly 5 months to make it as robust as the rest of the game, they should just introduce harvestable element located everywhere and call it a day with the bossfights for element.

13 hours ago, Vrallox said:

I've been testing the bosses in singleplayer with official settings and I've been making some progress but it's frustrating to say the least. These bosses are just sad at the moment. I like the idea of decreasing their damage output a bit. Would make them less pathetic. Sure it'd be a bandaid but Wildcard's apparently planning on fixing them at a later date so a bandaid, being a temporary solution, would be welcome at this point.

Quite a few of the ideas mentioned in this thread are vastly superior to what we have now. They're also vastly superior to what the devs said they have planned for the bosses. The joke being that they've said nothing. :D

And the bosses on singleplayer are 67% weaker, so you aren't even getting the real picture of how the bosses actually are. If they were singleplayer difficulty or somewhere between singleplayer and official, they'd be much more reasonable

3 hours ago, Dreads said:

I don´t think the difficulty on any boss fight is too hard at the moment. 

Our allies and us are ~15 people and so far (with the broodmother bug) we have been able to farm Element relatively easy. But even without it. What would that change? It would make us stop farming Hard Broodmother. 

*Beating hard broodmother entirely. What I'm saying is, they WILL patch the exploits but procrastinate on the bosses.

Did you use the ledge for the dragon? If not, fine. But I haven't seen anyone do it without using the ledge or some exploit.

7 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

*Beating hard broodmother entirely. What I'm saying is, they WILL patch the exploits but procrastinate on the bosses.

Did you use the ledge for the dragon? If not, fine. But I haven't seen anyone do it without using the ledge or some exploit.

You just have to adapt your strategy.

It might not be easy, but off the top of my head i believe you could sacrifice one small dino to lure her off the cliff then shoot her. As far as i know it is currently not possible for her to run back up if all people are on the bridge.

Haven´t tried her that way, but with guns and her lower HP compared to the Megapithecus it should be possible

1 minute ago, Dreads said:

It might not be easy, but off the top of my head i believe you could sacrifice one small dino to lure her off the cliff then shoot her. As far as i know it is currently not possible for her to run back up if all people are on the bridge.

Haven´t tried her that way, but with guns and her lower HP compared to the Megapithecus it should be possible

I've been told hard broodmother is by far the tankiest boss.

3 minutes ago, Dreads said:

You simply CANT kill the hard broodmother without superbred rexes.
People tried a million different ways, it just doesnt work.

2 minutes ago, Dreads said:

I tested that some time ago and the Wiki is actually right on that part.

Hard Megapithecus is at 550.000 HP

Hard Broodmother is at  420.000 HP

This does not matter, the BM has a chitin-shell that absorbs much of the dealt damage.
Also the HP is RANDOM, so the wiki IS wrong and you can get one with 500k, 1 million or even 8 million HP

6 minutes ago, Sky.NET said:

This does not matter, the BM has a chitin-shell that absorbs much of the dealt damage.
Also the HP is RANDOM, so the wiki IS wrong and you can get one with 500k, 1 million or even 8 million HP

Yeah sorry about that asumption, apprently you´re right about that. Missed that Megapithecus has + 0 increase, so realistically she will have a couple million HP

That indeed makes her unbeatable without glitching her.

I've just looked at reddit threads, people have ran up to it with a spyglass, I saw 2 threads saying it has 3.8mil hp and one saying 4.2mil.

I have done Brood on easy and medium with my allies. Easy is, well, very very easy and took us 4 minutes. It did around 3k hp on all rexes. On medium we pinned it so we didn't know the damage, but it took an extra minute. 

What I'm being told is that hard broodmother can have up to 3 times the hp of medium broodmother (1M->1.4M->3.8/4.2M progression easy/medium/hard)

And if you add the damage without pinning strategy, that's 15minutes of pummeling. Easy did 10-15% of our hp in 4 minutes. You can see why, not only will the timer have a big risk of running out (your rexes get stuck at the beginning and you lose a minute) but you will also get CREAMED by it's tremendous damage. Also all our rexes have minimum 85 armor.

And that's not factoring some weird events where it's tankier than it should be, for example my ally lost his 11 super rexes to the timer after getting 3/4 of it's hp down, while with our 16 it took 4 minutes.

Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

I've just looked at reddit threads, people have ran up to it with a spyglass, I saw 2 threads saying it has 3.8mil hp and one saying 4.2mil.

I have done Brood on easy and medium with my allies. Easy is, well, very very easy and took us 4 minutes. It did around 3k hp on all rexes. On medium we pinned it so we didn't know the damage, but it took an extra minute. 

What I'm being told is that hard broodmother can have up to 3 times the hp of medium broodmother (1M->1.4M->3.8/4.2M progression easy/medium/hard)

And if you add the damage without pinning strategy, that's 15minutes of pummeling. Easy did 10-15% of our hp in 4 minutes. You can see why, not only will the timer have a big risk of running out (your rexes get stuck at the beginning and you lose a minute) but you will also get CREAMED by it's tremendous damage. Also all our rexes have minimum 85 armor.

The math is it starts at 330.000 / 420.000 HP on medium / hard.

Then it gets 123 random points and 49.500 / 105.000 HP per level.

So it should on average be more than double as strong.

1 minute ago, Dreads said:

The math is it starts at 330.000 / 420.000 HP on medium / hard.

Then it gets 123 random points and 49.500 / 105.000 HP per level.

So it should on average be more than double as strong.

It's a very unreasonably high amount. If they leave hp as is then damage and timer should be toned down and up respectively.

37 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

It's a very unreasonably high amount. If they leave hp as is then damage and timer should be toned down and up respectively.

The timer is imho the most stupid thing i have ever seen in any game.
What game of the genres ark is in has a TIMER on the final/semi-final bosses?

The timer is just another concession of WC that they failed to implement a rich-designed endgame.
But may i cite Jeremy Stieglitz or Jesse Rapczak (cant remember who actually said it) from the GDC 2017?

"We could release the Game without TEK Tier and it would make no difference"
Screenshot_13.thumb.png.e91be32353cb148cf6793f92d49360d5.png

I would remove that checkmark at "We can do a great job" and replace it by a cross.
Same with "Community wants it" because from the first iteration until today the community of the official servers really really NOT wants it the way it was implemented/balanced by WC.

And the TEK stuff in general? Well, lets recap:

If i look at the requirements to have/maintain a waterbase i just wanna vomit. A waterbase isnt giving you ANY advantage in this game, not on PVE, not on PVP, on PVE you can also use the underwater caves or just dont have one and play on like you did before, on PVP (tho this thread isnt about PVP at all) it will just get rekt in SECONDS by a couple of dudes with tek rifles. i tried it on my local game, it was actually really cool from the looks etc. and didnt seem to be bugged when i played arround with it. But with the current requirements? For a entirely cosmetic part of content? Really?

The TEK Gen needs 1 Element per hour at a radius that is good enough to build some epic style stuff (that is the whole point of playing PVE for many ppl).
Thats 3 Times broodmother on easy per DAY 0o
Da heck?

The TEK Shield would have been an AWESOME way for high level players to protect their bases from griefing on Scorched Earth, but no, it gets shut down at electrical storms, time to get some golems inside and grief em right? Even if it would not being shut down regulary or you play on center or island, it consumes 10 Element per hour on the largest radius and is still damagable by lured titanos.

All those costs for TEK Items are completely exaggerated compared to the CRAZY amount of work you have to do to get element in amounts you could maintain a full TEK base (or even build it up lol, did you see the costs for tek parts? it would take YEARS of combined effort of a big PVE tribe to replace their base with tek parts xD).

The TEK Suit is completely useless too, it has all those nice features, it should make you a human killer-machine, yes it SHOULD, but it doesnt, its is so crazy costly and the game so crazy loaded with bugs that no one will EVER risk it to go out with a full tek-suit and take 50-100 Element with them to reload empty parts.
And then you encounter a titanoboa, eels, jellys or some troodons and your day is ruined, because a alien.high-tek suit that costs you 10 bossfights per hour to use it isnt able to prevent electrical or poisonous effects of enemies.

There are only 6 TEK Items that are used regulary by the more advanced PVE players i know:

The TEK Transmitter
The Tek Boots (to counter fall dmg from flyers, nothing else)
The 3 different doors
The Tek Sloped Roof (No Element needed to craft, thats the only reason!)

The rest is non-existant for them.

36 minutes ago, Sky.NET said:

The timer is imho the most stupid thing i have ever seen in any game.
What game of the genres ark is in has a TIMER on the final/semi-final bosses?

The timer is just another concession of WC that they failed to implement a rich-designed endgame.
But may i cite Jeremy Stieglitz or Jesse Rapczak (cant remember who actually said it) from the GDC 2017?

"We could release the Game without TEK Tier and it would make no difference"
Screenshot_13.thumb.png.e91be32353cb148cf6793f92d49360d5.png

I would remove that checkmark at "We can do a great job" and replace it by a cross.
Same with "Community wants it" because from the first iteration until today the community of the official servers really really NOT wants it the way it was implemented/balanced by WC.

And the TEK stuff in general? Well, lets recap:

If i look at the requirements to have/maintain a waterbase i just wanna vomit. A waterbase isnt giving you ANY advantage in this game, not on PVE, not on PVP, on PVE you can also use the underwater caves or just dont have one and play on like you did before, on PVP (tho this thread isnt about PVP at all) it will just get rekt in SECONDS by a couple of dudes with tek rifles. i tried it on my local game, it was actually really cool from the looks etc. and didnt seem to be bugged when i played arround with it. But with the current requirements? For a entirely cosmetic part of content? Really?

The TEK Gen needs 1 Element per hour at a radius that is good enough to build some epic style stuff (that is the whole point of playing PVE for many ppl).
Thats 3 Times broodmother on easy per DAY 0o
Da heck?

The TEK Shield would have been an AWESOME way for high level players to protect their bases from griefing on Scorched Earth, but no, it gets shut down at electrical storms, time to get some golems inside and grief em right? Even if it would not being shut down regulary or you play on center or island, it consumes 10 Element per hour on the largest radius and is still damagable by lured titanos.

All those costs for TEK Items are completely exaggerated compared to the CRAZY amount of work you have to do to get element in amounts you could maintain a full TEK base (or even build it up lol, did you see the costs for tek parts? it would take YEARS of combined effort of a big PVE tribe to replace their base with tek parts xD).

The TEK Suit is completely useless too, it has all those nice features, it should make you a human killer-machine, yes it SHOULD, but it doesnt, its is so crazy costly and the game so crazy loaded with bugs that no one will EVER risk it to go out with a full tek-suit and take 50-100 Element with them to reload empty parts.
And then you encounter a titanoboa, eels, jellys or some troodons and your day is ruined, because a alien.high-tek suit that costs you 10 bossfights per hour to use it isnt able to prevent electrical or poisonous effects of enemies.

There are only 6 TEK Items that are used regulary by the more advanced PVE players i know:

The TEK Transmitter
The Tek Boots (to counter fall dmg from flyers, nothing else)
The 3 different doors
The Tek Sloped Roof (No Element needed to craft, thats the only reason!)

The rest is non-existant for them.

They could change a few things.

-Tek generator/shield shouldn't be affected by electrical storms and take something like 1 element per day for the generator. Better range for generator as well.

-Tek structures and walls could have a slow autoregen when not attacked.

-Immunity to stun/tranq/poison from tek armor, maybe even the ability to free yourself from tuso by boosting. An auto medicating feature would also be nice. More armor.

-Way higher armor on tek saddles, or the ability to forcefeed faster/activate a temporary shield that negates damage, prevent any stun/dismount effects and allows for a quick escape. Increased speed and carry weight form wearing armor. Frankly, I'm not gonna put on a tek saddle on a mosasaur because it has less than half it's armor potential and I would probably do a better job killing witht the bite. The armor looks AMAZING and props to the people/person who modeled it, though.

-I have no idea about this but are tek gauntlets useful for fighting at all? Nobody ever mentions them.

Archived