Is Sinking Foundations into Rafts a Glitch/Exploit, or an intended feature?

LilNastyGurl

1 minute ago, myksta0121 said:

The fact that you can lower foundations into a raft is an absolute neccessity in pvp. As it is a lvl 5 beach noob being able to stand there with a stone pick and destroy your full metal raft that had not had its foundation sunk is ridiculous, even if it has turrets swimming under the water and attacking the underside of the boat is pretty simple rafts either need there health boosting alot or need there damage taken reduced

3 minutes ago, myksta0121 said:

The fact that you can lower foundations into a raft is an absolute neccessity in pvp l. As is a lvl 5 beach noob being able to stand there with a stone pick and destroy your full metal raft that had not had its foundation sunk ridiculous, even if it has turrets simming under the water and attacking the underside of the boat is pretty simple rafts either need there health boosting alot or need there damage taken reduced

THIS! I personally see it as an intended feature for rafts after they understood how stupid they had made them, I mean being unable to shield the driver without making the design look stupid was just silly, it seems they added the ability to sink foundations into them for this reason.

WC should embrace sunken boat founadations but also give us stronger boats to combat LEEDS, nobody wants to fully trick out a metal boat for it to much die in 1-2 chops from a LEED. 

Stacking walling or foundations shouldnt be a thing. Neither should tricking the system to honeycomb walls with fence foundation. Those are a little to powerful. I think WC overall will balance and polish those things later in the games cycle... i personally dont care to much since i just pve

1 minute ago, TheRightHand said:

It is an exploit, and the current method of doing it will almost certainly be patched in the future.

We may or may not add in a legal/intended method of protecting the bottom of your boat, but the use of foundations for this is not intentional.

- The Right Hand

Fair enough, but the "may or may not" part is somewhat silly, surely it has to be a priority to allow the protection of boats from the undefendable Leed attacks, otherwise just remove rafts completely as there is no use for them.

2 hours ago, BobR0ss said:

Shshshs stop talking about it, They might end up patching it. >.>   <.<

isnt that why we play ARK? to find glitches and bugs and report them so they can be fixed and this game can release bug/glitchfree? think not only about your own comfort but also about the general health of the game

1 hour ago, TheLastNerb said:

The quetz weight glitch was the legitimate only way to farm somewhat effectively. The fact you compare that to duping and getting under the map is laughable. Duping and getting under the map affects the game in a negative way. Neither of your other 2 examples do.

just because most people found it to be the only way to farm metal (i dont and ive used it only 1 time to see what it did, i always farmed the intended way) doesnt mean its legit or intended. ever since that glitch the game started to spiral out of control with 1000 turrets per base. it was never meant to be that way :-)

47 minutes ago, TheRightHand said:

It is an exploit, and the current method of doing it will almost certainly be patched in the future.

We may or may not add in a legal/intended method of protecting the bottom of your boat, but the use of foundations for this is not intentional.

- The Right Hand

thank you for clarifying this 

Just now, BobRoss said:

just because most people found it to be the only way to farm metal (i dont and ive used it only 1 time to see what it did, i always farmed the intended way) doesnt mean its legit or intended. ever since that glitch the game started to spiral out of control with 1000 turrets per base. it was never meant to be that way :-)

How did the game spiral out of control? 1000 turrets per base isnt even enough with how OP breeding is.

I imagine the original concept of a raft was actually a vehicle that was useless except as a safer way to cross large bodies of water than swimming. I'd say that if someone had thought about it at the concept phase they'd have prevented foundations from being attached to a them right from the start like they did with rowboats. 

BTW, anyone know if the Leeds agros on rowboats too?

56 minutes ago, TheRightHand said:

- The Right Hand

When/if you do this, please let them place about 50% lower at least... Since esthetics and all that :)
That or maybe make a flat foundation piece so it don't stick trough.

Would still love a sturdier metal boat as well though ;)

I might have a solution that everyone can be happy with; Add reinforced and metal rafts... huh, huh? Cmon throw me a bone here. 

Seriously, you can build futuristic mumbojumbo in this game, maritime travel is already a thing here, a metal boat should be plausible and if not, necessary. 

One way you could balance it is give it the same type of resistance, but less health than its metal equivalent. Beats having to chew through tough metal foundations no?

19 minutes ago, TheLastNerb said:

Quetz ramp farming brought about OP breeding?

no quetz platform mining allowed for an 'easy' way to get a ridiculous ammount of turrets and made these behemoth bases possible. 

Breeding is a result of that, you think you can breed 50 turtles at once in a small base? the breeding only came into effect after the platform exploit

2 hours ago, TheRightHand said:

- The Right Hand

Lmao! Guess I'll be going around and piking to death every raft that survives the Leeds. That's totally reasonable. 

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

no quetz platform mining allowed for an 'easy' way to get a ridiculous ammount of turrets and made these behemoth bases possible. 

Breeding is a result of that, you think you can breed 50 turtles at once in a small base? the breeding only came into effect after the platform exploit

Oh come on :P A big base is not the limiting factor in how much you can breed. 

All this speculation and everyone is missing the main thing the developers intended for this game. At least from the gameplay aspect, HARDCORE.

Even at the recent game developer convention, they discuss this. It is one of the main items they discussed what makes ARK, ARK.

All the items discussed in this thread, takes the Hardcore out of the game to some degree.

Wildcard has recently brought in creatures that makes our lives much easy in the collection portion of the game for materials. But those are much more difficult to tame. 

They are currently bringing in creatures that improve/change the PvP aspect of the game. In my opinion, some of them really help the little guy when it comes to defending/defeating larger PvP tribes.

Hardcore, at least for me, is the reason I like the game. I welcome the so-called "nerfs".

Am I happy about them all? NO. I think this is more to do with once you have something that is easy, and all of a sudden you have to work twice or three times as hard to get the same thing, we all are upset to some level or another. Human nature I guess.

But Wildcard is staying true to the original intent of the game and not caving to the "Carebear" crowd that has started playing, and we ALL should be glad for that.

Office Depot analogy- If I wanted a "That was easy" button, I would be playing World of Warcraft or something similar.

Way way back in the day, I used to play Everquest, back when it was hardcore, 1999 timeframe. It is a joke now with EQ2 and how easy that game is compared to 1999.

Keep up the good work Wildcard, and keep it Hardcore.

1 hour ago, Palenor said:

All this speculation and everyone is missing the main thing the developers intended for this game. At least from the gameplay aspect, HARDCORE.

Even at the recent game developer convention, they discuss this. It is one of the main items they discussed what makes ARK, ARK.

All the items discussed in this thread, takes the Hardcore out of the game to some degree.

Wildcard has recently brought in creatures that makes our lives much easy in the collection portion of the game for materials. But those are much more difficult to tame. 

They are currently bringing in creatures that improve/change the PvP aspect of the game. In my opinion, some of them really help the little guy when it comes to defending/defeating larger PvP tribes.

Hardcore, at least for me, is the reason I like the game. I welcome the so-called "nerfs".

Am I happy about them all? NO. I think this is more to do with once you have something that is easy, and all of a sudden you have to work twice or three times as hard to get the same thing, we all are upset to some level or another. Human nature I guess.

But Wildcard is staying true to the original intent of the game and not caving to the "Carebear" crowd that has started playing, and we ALL should be glad for that.

Office Depot analogy- If I wanted a "That was easy" button, I would be playing World of Warcraft or something similar.

Way way back in the day, I used to play Everquest, back when it was hardcore, 1999 timeframe. It is a joke now with EQ2 and how easy that game is compared to 1999.

Keep up the good work Wildcard, and keep it Hardcore.

I don't play hardcore but I couldn't agree more with you! The game became far too easy, now its a challenge, and despite people saying its more grindy, which is true to some degree, it makes the game have a more survivalist feel that was lost prior to recent patches.

Also its not about the game being easy and then having it taken away, the people who are mostly moaning about the nerfs are moaning because they cant abuse glithces,bugs,faulty aspects of the game to get an unfair disadvantage anymore.

since the recent update ive seen a tribe that heavily relied on ultra fast fliers to tank turrets or out pace the enemy, an alpha tribe for some time, get destroyed in a matter of moments because they had no idea how to play the game other than the abuse of super speed fliers...... good riddance to those kind of people I say..

5 hours ago, TheStrip said:

I might have a solution that everyone can be happy with; Add reinforced and metal rafts... huh, huh? Cmon throw me a bone here. 

Seriously, you can build futuristic mumbojumbo in this game, maritime travel is already a thing here, a metal boat should be plausible and if not, necessary. 

One way you could balance it is give it the same type of resistance, but less health than its metal equivalent. Beats having to chew through tough metal foundations no?

Metal rafts is a good idea but i think they will need to be very expensive to stop players from just abandoning them on the shore line like they do with rafts at the moment. My tribe does a monthly abandoned raft purge any raft that does not have a fully enclosed base built on it along the shore is used as a toothpick for my giga, now if those rafts were metal it would mean you would have to use c4 or explosives to destroy them and im not willing to grind for explosives just to blow up abandoned rafts.

6 hours ago, TheStrip said:

To add to that idea... I think it would be nice to see structural pieces specifically for boats. The "raft" (with wooden and metal varieties) could be the core part; supplying a certain amount of buoyancy (determining an actual weight limit) for the boat, and itself acting as a foundation (determining how far you can build out from it). For bigger boats, or ones that support more weight, you'd need to connect more "rafts".

Various pieces could each provide different amounts of buoyancy; some, such as "armor plates", could cost buoyancy.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:05 AM, TheRightHand said:

- The Right Hand

Then can we pleeeeease have reinforced wooden rafts! Metal boats are apparently coming soon, but that doesn't help players on primitive servers.

If it wasn't for sunken foundations, a frog could lick a boat to death...

Archived