The new sounds effect feedback

Lewiatan

7 hours ago, SBaker said:

That's exactly what it was! It has been fixed. Good ear :)

Oooh, now that you mention it, I flew close to the snow biome earlier and didn't hear a single chali dying. This has been an annoying bug for some time now. It's great it's been fixed. I also like the female sounds much better, only thing bothering me is when you punch things the sounds overlap - i.e. the next sound starts before the previous one is done. So she's basically grunting in harmony with herself...sort of..or possibly grunting in canon. :P 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, TotallyUncool said:

Oooh, now that you mention it, I flew close to the snow biome earlier and didn't hear a single chali dying. This has been an annoying bug for some time now. It's great it's been fixed. I also like the female sounds much better, only thing bothering me is when you punch things the sounds overlap - i.e. the next sound starts before the previous one is done. So she's basically grunting in harmony with herself...sort of..or possibly grunting in canon. :P 

Haha, I don't normally punch stuff so I forgot to check it, but that sounds hilarious. :D

On April 4, 2017 at 8:24 PM, SBaker said:

Hey everyone! My name is Stephen Baker. I am the Audio Director for Studio Wildcard.  I have been reading all of the feedback from these forums, reddit and twitch. It's a pleasure to listen to the community speak so much about audio. This patch was a big patch for sound, eh? Well the next few patches are going to be big as well! Many more creatures are going to have new sounds along with weapons, tools, items, structures, etc. I look forward to seeing more discussion as new content continues to roll out.

Thank you Lewiatan for detailing your thoughts so thoroughly. And thanks to all who gave critique. I am in the process of revising sounds based on your feedback.

Hello i really like that we get new Sounds i hope in High Quality ;-) , but what really bothers me im playing with the Sennheiser HD650 which are Descent Headphones, and in this state of the Game the Soundstage of the Stereo Sound is just terrible if i fly i mostly hear only on 1 channel Sound, or when u walk while mounted the same thing i know its in Alpha and Stuff but i hope that gets better cuz a Good Sound is more important then graphics to me. I hope u understand what i mean because of my bad English. Really love the new Sounds way more natural, im excited for your work in further Patches!

I read every comment and there are some very great ideas and feed back. I am happy someone mentioned the oviraptor sound getting stuck cause that is murder. Another sound that sticks is the chainsaw, but that is less common on the island unless people brought over engrams which isn't that hard. I have problems that most of you have already given feedback about and since I play on console I appreciate the level of activity that is allowing wildcard to improve the game for players like myself. 

Weather you you agree with a sound or not your everyone has a right to share theirs on here without criticism. So read a comment and agree and give rep to the comment, or disagree and post your own opinion but attacking other peoples opinions is lame. If you think that people shouldn't have the right to think or say something then you shouldn't get to either.  

if you don't make video games stop acting like it's easy. 

I absolutely can not befriend with the new sounds.

Most annoying one is the "bite" sound of the Rex, it sounds like a stolen sfx out of a Walt Disney 1980's movie, just hilarious. My cats have more aggressive bite sounds than this.

The Quetz sounds as if he is gonna die every minute due to age issues.

Dodos sound like little monkeys.

Pteras sound like they are made of paper, just disgusting.

The Argy sounds as if he was a 30cm bird and not like a huge animal twice the size of a human.

All together I can not find one new sound I really like, not one. Many sound way off the atmosphere and just artificial, the old ones were much more organic.

@Bedrock I actually work in the gaming industry, does my feedback now count twice?

Just my 2 cents. The rexs foot stomps need a fixing. The new noise is kinda annoying.  Sounds like it's walking on a metal drum. Petra flying noise has got to be revised.  Someone said sounds like a plunger and that's not too far off lol. Honestly that wing noise makes me nauseous.  I just can't handle that noise for too long.  The old 1 wasn't really that bad.  Maybe just bring that 1 back. Most of the new sounds are good. Just a few need rethinking. 

The most ppl who are hating the new Sounds are hating them not because they are ´´bad´´ just because they are different from what they was used to for a good year. U will get used to it and please keep in mind u cant please everybody. Everybody is upset about the quetzal honk was changed that sounds just bad what is this a motorbike in india? I know it will get implemented back in a way because everybody was whining about it but really the biggest flying creature ever lived sounds like a goose mixed with a broken honk ugghhh.........

On 16.04.2017 at 3:59 PM, Horvath said:

The most ppl who are hating the new Sounds are hating them not because they are ´´bad´´ just because they are different from what they was used to for a good year. U will get used to it and please keep in mind u cant please everybody. Everybody is upset about the quetzal honk was changed that sounds just bad what is this a motorbike in india? I know it will get implemented back in a way because everybody was whining about it but really the biggest flying creature ever lived sounds like a goose mixed with a broken honk ugghhh.........

Stay next to raptors for 5 minutes and come back here to tell me if they are pleasant to listening to.

Sound artist added a few terrible sound effects that must be redone from scratch, ie raptors and walking sounds of all animals, because they have the same odd walking on the wooden floor sound effects regardless on what surface dinosaurs walk on.

4 minutes ago, Horvath said:

U exspecting AAA Sound in an EA Game.......

Check Primal Carnage Exctinction. This is also indie game that was in Early Access. Sound effects are way better there than what Wildcard did to dinosaurs with way bigger budget. It's only matter of hiring skilled person with good sound effects data base of animals.

@SBaker

Please spend a little time on bullet and explosive sounds? Sometimes they're completely overpowered by other combat sounds going on .... which I hate. I think they should be a lot louder.

Also, just curious, why are there two different sounds for the shotgun pump? Depending if you have it shouldered or not. I like the sound better when it's shouldered.

18 minutes ago, ToXiN said:

Oh I'm sorry the game hasn't had enough money from the customers already? Paid DLC "in a EA" game? Need more money? Don't pay mod makers yet?
Why change sounds if it's EA then? You make no sense.

I absolutely second this, first of all, Ark has been sold way too god and including the "full price DLC" the excuse with being an EA game just won't work anymore, even if the Devs keep trying. 

And second, noone was complaining loud about the sounds before and even if it is an EA game, you only change things to a better state during the process of game development, you should not make steps backwards, and the new sounds feel like a huge jump backwards.

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Check Primal Carnage Exctinction. This is also indie game that was in Early Access. Sound effects are way better there than what Wildcard did to dinosaurs with way bigger budget. It's only matter of hiring skilled person with good sound effects data base of animals.

Please tell me what Sound Setup u own .

1 hour ago, the7thguest said:

I absolutely second this, first of all, Ark has been sold way too god and including the "full price DLC" the excuse with being an EA game just won't work anymore, even if the Devs keep trying. 

And second, noone was complaining loud about the sounds before and even if it is an EA game, you only change things to a better state during the process of game development, you should not make steps backwards, and the new sounds feel like a huge jump backwards.

Only because its selling good does not mean they will pay for it ;) Business Works differnet..of today....lets be thankful that it gets a Sound Redesign and share your thoughts on it it will change but thats the problem as a sound Director u cant please everybody even if he said give some feedback, and u will hear more negative feedback then positive cuz about positive feedback u wont hear that much and they knows this.

I haven't really checked into most of these new sounds, but I will say two things.

1:  The old raptor sound was perhaps the most annoyingly abrupt sound in the game.

2:  I do miss the old warble the Quetz used to make, although I admit the newer and harsher sound does seem more appropriate... and the "chomp" sound is perfect for it's massive beak.  I think it would be pretty neat if the old melodic warble would come back only when the Quetz is mate boosted, but I don't really expect that to happen.

Still, we need to be careful what we wish for or we'll end up with something like THIS.  While it would be incredibly cool at first, it would get extremely annoying after a couple of minutes.

Archived