Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zederia said:

you remember you're on the PC section, right? This is how the function works on PC. I don't care how it works on Xbox or PS4

the setting does the same on both, iv swapped to PC just pointing out i know that setting very well as its something i needed to set every damn time i played. so yeah i realise

1 minute ago, Martellus said:

v256: Items in my crafting stations do not show (Smithy and Fabricador). They are there, I can transfer them all to my inventory, but even if I put the items back it still doesn't show. Need a fix on that pls. I kept them as storage for quick crafting, so the items were there before the update.

Thanks!

click INVENTORY (the word)

Just now, Martellus said:

v256: Items in my crafting stations do not show (Smithy and Fabricador). They are there, I can transfer them all to my inventory, but even if I put the items back it still doesn't show. Need a fix on that pls. I kept them as storage for quick crafting, so the items were there before the update.

Thanks!

There's two tabs in the crafting station's inventory, right above the "inventory space", Inventory and Crafting. Took me a while to realize, too.

Hello!

Since this patch has so big impact on balance of the game, i decided to give my opinion and some ideas that would might work better instead of what we have now.

It's not easy to balance those kind of things. I mean, the greatest advantage of having flying creature is... possibility to fly! For me it's obvious that if you are able to posses flying creature, life becomes much easier. And it's should be! You can travel fast around the island without big risk and you are also able to transport stuff. WC said they want to put more value on surviving aspect, they don't like the way how players can "skip" land adventures. But we must remember - real life isn't balanced too, planes are much faster than cars and ships etc. Everything has its pros and cons, we cannot just simply denied that. Trying too hard to balance everything can often ruin fun from the game.

So i have an idea that is a compromise between "more survival" and "useful flyers".

In my opinion, WC should bring back stats before nerf and then:

First of all, all creatures (not only flyers) should have different speed limits. For example = Pteradon is fragile, but it's also very fast and agile. So you can level it up to 250% speed.(EXAMPLE)

In the other hand Wyvern is very strong and bulky, but it's not that fast and has a big turn radius, so you can level it up to 130% speed only. (EXAMPLE)

Also faster creatures should gain more speed % per lvl than the slow ones. I mean, you can reach your speed cap in slow creature, but for that you need spend much more points in comparrision to fast creatures - they need less points to reach their maximum. So you have to decide what is profitable and what is not.

Which flyers should be fast, and which should be slow - let the WC decide.

Second part - All flyers should be available for riding only at higher levels. And I'm not talking about making saddles, but player restrictions. For example -> You need to reach level 50 to fly on Pteradon, level 65 to fly on Argy, 90lvl for the Wyvern etc. etc. Let's say it is the final prize, and honor for player to mount a flying creature.

The last thing i wanted to mention: Game dramatically needs a total rebalance of every single creature. Quetz with more health than Rex? Dire Bear with the same attack damage as Rex? There are many more examples, and i think that is the most important thing to do in the first place.

What do you guys think about it?

PS. Sorry for my english. It's obviously not my native language, but i'm still learning. :/
:)

I mean, why most of the things are PVP oriented? Why WC? The PVE players don't count to you? We are not your community as well?

Titano -> mainly PVP

Purlovia -> mainly PVP

MicroRaptor -> mainly PVP

Thylacoleo -> mainly PVP

Nerfs C4 -> mainly PVP

Turrets Nerf -> mainly PVP

Nerf PlantX -> mainly PVP

Nerfs flyers -> mainly PVP

etc etc etc... and the list goes on, over and over and over....

WHY?????!!!!

PVE Players doesn't exist in your eyes?!

Anyway, for those who are interested (and maybe WC will see better dunno), I found i guy that posted a public strawpoll

http://www.strawpoll.me/12652691/r

@MissG
that is kind of the purpose of the whole levelling system tho. Being able to select the level for a character/tame is what creates unbalance, I agree, but then the alternative is just levelling up in a way that we have no decision, every level 30 gets the same carry weight, speed and whatnot same as everyone else, that is how a balanced game would work. The problem is not with the level system its people and their ability to counter, or rather the lack of a way of countering a particular strategy. There should never be one way to rule them all, thats where different speed, melee etc comes into play, it gives you a way of being different, but also it makes you vulnerable.

So. I tried to kill a Phiomia with my Wyvern. Couldn't actually do it. Phiomia was too fast. No. Really. What. I put my Quetzal on my Bronto to get to farming faster. Mosa's have the same breeding time tables as Gigas (DILO). Server lost 3 Gigas this morning because we didn't know not to download them, because downloading them caused them to spawn with negative HP and die instantly. Snails and Dung Beetles also now just don't work anymore. 

Gr8 B8 M8, I r8 8/8. 

11 minutes ago, iAmE said:

The

Devs

Specifically

Said

This

Was

A

PvE

Nerf.

Seriously. Do you guys not read in addition to lacking the intelligence to understand that there's no way these nerfs were PvP specific?

Sure, the last barrel roll ptera nerf, was because it was too OP on PVE, nothing to do with PVP!! lol

And ofc, this massive flyer nerf now is PVE manly....  ofc ofc u r right... -_-" ( pathetic)

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Seriously. Do you guys not read in addition to lacking the intelligence to understand that there's no way these nerfs were PvP specific?

From what I have seen on the forums, PVP players kept whining about Pteras whit high speed being godmode, so pretty sure this is a PVP related nerf. if it was specified to PvE nerf, they would just reduce the speed a tad, and maybe carryweight too.

@Jat requested constructive feedback, so I'm going to provide mine. I know you're busy so I'll try to give a concise summary of my thoughts up front, but I'd appreciate it if you'd read the whole post to see just how this flyer nerf has impacted the game for me.

Summary: The nerf to fliers went too far. By trying to bring them "in line" with the land dinos, you've made them irrelevant. I don't see a point in taming any flier at this point because I can cross the map faster on a handful of my other land tames. And crossing the map was truly my main use of the flyers. Not everyone exploited them the way pro-nerfers point out. 

Specific Comments/Suggestions: I think either a nerf to speed OR stam would have been appropriate, but not both. Especially not both to the extreme they have been. I think you should be able to increase speed once tamed. If we're being realistic, each time you level your dino after tame, you are "training" it. Why can't you train it to be slightly faster? As an athlete would train for an event? The per level increase should be small. Maybe even diminishing returns as someone else suggested, but it should be possible. 

By increasing the stam use of the wyv element makes aerial combat impractical. This needs to be rethought. I play PVE and would use my wyv to battle titanosaur that are too near to allied bases. I can't do that anymore. If I land to use my element, I can only do it a couple times, and then I don't have enough stam to fly away. But even if I could, I'd be too slow to escape fast enough. On SE, I can't go head to head with a wild wyv bc they are so much faster and wild dinos don't use stam that I can tell. 

Instead of making current fliers pointless, make the skies more dangerous. If you're worried about people avoiding the land because of the dangerous content there, then make the sky scary, too. I don't know how, but it would be preferable to this nerf.

Complete thoughts: I play PVE with over 2200 hours on an official server and I think that the balance of the fliers to each other was ok before and even how they leveled individually. If you wanted something to be fast, you had to sacrifice weight or hp or whatever. But now you can't make them faster at all. If the goal was to make the fliers comparable to the land dinos, then that was failed as well. Land dinos can now move faster or for longer than birds can. Before this nerf, I used my ptera, quetz or wyv (depending on my stage in the game) to fly to the volcano to mine metal with my anky. I didn't use them in conjunction - I left the bird sit on the safe rock and I rode around and smashed rocks on the anky alone. When I needed stone, I'd ride my doed out to the rock spawn near my base. Wood? Grab the beaver. Meat? I took my rex or giga. Even when I got a wyv, I didn't use it for my meat or prime meat harvesting. Not everyone exploited them. Now I can't travel to help my allies or tribemates when they get into trouble in other areas of the map. If I die, the birds are too slow to be able to get back to my body to retrieve my gear.

Real life birds can fly for hundreds of miles (migration), but even if you take into account the added strain of carrying a rider, the game fliers don't come close to the distance they should be able to cover. I read someone's post that was pro-nerf which pointed out that you should think of the map as a continent, not a neighborhood. They said it should take some time to get to one point to another. I think that is a fair point. However, if we are going to compare the game to a real life metaphor then I'd like to point out that if I want to travel from the east coast of the US to the west, I have options. I can walk, bike, drive, take a train or book a flight. Each one is possible, some more feasible than others and they each have costs and benefits. But let's focus on flight since that's the point of this nerf. If I want to cross the continent, I would need to pay more for a nonstop flight. Or, I could opt for something less and have a layover or two. Ark doesn't provide these options. There is no nonstop flight from one side of the map to the other. Instead, I need to stop off once per state (biome) for the plane to be refueled. 

Just now, iAmE said:

They have said that people have requested these changes for a long time, im sorry but no one doing PvE was asking for any changes at all, the only people who had a problem with flyers play on official servers, most people are smart enough not to do that in the first place.

Just now, Ky0 said:

Sure, the last barrel roll ptera nerf, was because it was too OP on PVE, nothing to do with PVP!! lol

And ofc, this massive flyer nerf now is PVE manly....  ofc ofc u r right... -_-" ( pathetic)

No. The devs literally specifically said the nerf was for PvE in reply to one of the thousands of you PvE folk who think that you guys can cause nothing wrong with anything, and all the nerfs are the fault of the evil evil PvP players and their mind control that they use on the devs. 

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived