Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

I haven't even logged into the game since the update because our server has left...  Players are that upset over the nerf...  That being said I want to give some honest open feedback on the situation that has been created with the change.

First the nerf to flyers, I hobby game, meaning that I play about an hour a day here and there and sometimes I can binge and play for longer.  Flyer's are a huge tool in the game the ability to get from point a to point b quickly is essential to me because I am not able to spend 20 minutes flying across the map on a metal run, or to get to a cave for a cave run.  I need that speed and stamina aspect of the game in order for me to be able to play it at all.  This goes for both pve and pvp for me.  I cannot pvp and raid someone when it takes so long for me to get there.  That is a huge part of the game to me.  I struggle to understand how this cannot be coded into a check box option for official versus unofficial servers.  I don't play on official because of the above mentioned time issues.

My next issue is with the Wyverns, how am I supposed to get the eggs w/o a speed boost to my argy for the first one?  This makes it incredibly difficult and makes me wonder if it is even worth the attempt after all of the time I would have spent with my Argy getting it up and ready to go.  This was a huge part of the game for me as the thrill of the hunt was amazing and I was able to trade high level eggs off for gear and other things, now I have lost this piece of the game.

I really feel that this is a crippling change to the game, I don't know that it was truly tested for the impact of the game.  I have over 1500 hours combined on xbone and pc on this game and I think I just wasted all of that time.  I would be no where close to where I am now if the current nerf was in place when I started playing.

In the end it feels like a relationship has been abused and I don't know how many times I can go back to this abusive relationship before I find a new one.  I love Ark, everything about it, the community, the friendships I have found with other gamers, the challenges that the game presents, the mods, so much it can go on and on and on.  That being said this nerf without a checkbox option for people that feel the way that I do is extremely disappointing and has me looking for another relationship as mine with Ark may be done for now...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, s710 said:

Hes probably talking about Leedsichthys, as they will attack rafts.

is not obvious enough???  LOL! Why he don't understand!

12 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Didn't see any of mine gone... What are you talking about "Gone"?

Yes gone!!! It's over! Finhish! No more !  Understand now?

If you don't understand, try it yourself!!!..........  Take a raft and go ride the oceans... enjoy it buddy!  Snap a chair on it and go enjoy that NEWS Quiet/Peaceful fishing moments!!!...

So enjoyable now.....   hummm!!   It's too much enjoyable, I would say!!! 

So I will put my constructive criticism here.  Each bird needs a role - something it does well that other birds struggle to do.  I am only going to cover the 4 main birds (I don't know squat about SE fliers).  The speed numbers assume quetz as a base.

• Pteradon - this is an entry level bird.  It needs to be good enough at low levels to be worth the tame.  As it is the smallest, it should also be the fastest, but lack for HP and stamina.  I would put this guy at 150% of flying speed and no leveling, with stamina per level at 75% of pre-nerf and HP per level at 50% of pre-nerf.  Weight starting at 120, capped at 300.  I would remove barrel role.  I would remove player pickup.  Animal pickups are good as-is.  Weak armor.
  • Tapejara - this is a utility bird that allows multi-player travel and a passenger gunner.  Speed at 130% with 1% per level.  Bas stamina good and +7% and base HP good and +5%.  I would make all weight matter to the bird (passenger, driver, carrying).  I like the hooking concept.  Can pick players, but weight matters.  Animal picks similar to pteradon, but add a few more smaller ones in.  Weight good as is.  Average armor
  • Argentavis - battle bird, be it PvP or PvE.  Best damage of the group.  As it is bigger and heavier than the previous two, it's slower to start, but gets stronger faster.  Speed at 115% and 2% per level.  Base HP good and +7% per level.  Stamina good and +7% per level. Weight good as-is.  Damage 30 base and +2% per level.  Good armor.
  • Quetz - I have no experience with it.  Seem alike this is a heavy transport bird.  Those are typically slow, but have good weight and decent HP.  At no point should this bird be faster than any other bird at the same level.  Speed at 100% and +0.5% per level.  This is not a tanker. Weak armor, but large HP pool.

was so happy when got ouer pterra to 285 born and argis to 270 born, and used moths to get this dinos, now the hole bloodline is wreked. logged inn to see my babies at 247 pterras. every "perfect" tame is now long from "perfect" and if this is staying we need to start all ower whit 6 moths off work.. I moved my main base far from every thing sins I had good flyers that was fast, now I cant even fly to the top off the map whitout taking a rest on the way. So every thing wil be a nightmare to get to on land dinos. I think the nerf was to brutal removing all speed stats, and the stam that is lowered. I really hope you fast fix things agien...

The whole point of adding the Quetzal to the game was because they never need to land to get stamina.  After this update the only reason to get a Quetz is so you can pick up larger animals.  I really don't see the reason to go through the trouble of trying to get one now.  Thats just my opinion though.  I can understand the reducing movement speed, but not making it so you can never lvl it up.  

Seriously WC?  There is now Zero point to flying anything but a Quetzal around.  The other birds are just kibble factories.

Q has more health, carries more weight, more stam, is more versatile, and is essentially the same speed or faster than the other birds.

Why would I ever ride anything else now?

I understand people were jacking up speed on some critters and lag-charging into peoples bases and doing bad things.  Soft caps, diminishing returns, and hard caps - With different values for each species I could see.  But base-lining all birds to the same speed, ridiculous.

This change is terrible.

5 minutes ago, Senileterror462 said:

I know I know this is off topic but.....I have checked youtube video after youtube video just to see how I can make my Female Argentavis  mate again I made the Mating interval 0.0 Like it says and it still leaves me with Time till able to mate: 11:48:29 And it just stays that way... PLEASE HELP! 

0.0 means "disable changes" 0.1 or lower bit above 0.0 is what you want

This new update has been nothing short of a let down... The flying tames being nerfed have drastically ruined the custom stat builds that we are used to seeing. 

Wildcard, You are basically making it so that everyone has the same thing... games like these need varied stat structures to thrive. Birds have now basically become useless. 

And Vaults, This is game is a Player Vs. Player game and is Survival Of The Fittest. Sure, The vaults may not have been intended for base defence but the name of the game is ARK: SURVIVAL Evolved. Why ruin innovative ideas in an SURVIVAL game? 

DEVS:

Instead of making us (the half+/- that hate the nerf to flyers) stuck with your attempted acceptable fix to a situation (which is appreciated that you listen to the community btw), couldn't you instead make it a server setting to Nerf the flyers? I play on a rented private server with a friend, and like alot of other players who don't or want to participate in pvp, this nerf has not helped us at all, but made our life more difficult. It is not fair to one half to hurt them to satisfy the other half. The way I am suggesting would be a way to deal with that. Sure, on official servers ran by you, you make that decision, but, on servers that we pay for or run ourselves, I would much rather be able to make that decision for myself and the players on my server, as I see how they are affected by these changes more than you do.

45 minutes ago, Ky0 said:

Rafts, and cool rides or sweet fishing partys on it -> GONE

Flyers and their utility -> GONE

(and Guys REMEMBER...  we are talking here, of quetz HL, pteras HL etc... that are totaly useless and you cannot fly more than a few "brontos distance/700m-1km"...? BUT, imagine all the new people catching their firsts flyers LVL 5, 10, 15... how many stamina to a Low Level?!...  How much they can travel before landing?!... 1 bronto? 20m? 3 or 5 flapping wings???!!! Ridiculous)

In short:

Funs -> GONE

Utility -> GONE

And I'm -> GONE

yep i started yesterday, got it in the sale, managed to get a ptera at level 60 odd and it was beyond useless, it got me killed having to land 500 yards from my base, not exactly a newb here, been playing over a year on xbox so i know what im doing. Funny that the problem here is a birds capability to fly, avoiding the land game, so what about the people making videos on youtube that can get from level 1 to 50 in an afternoon on official servers avoiding most of the game? Crafting a thousand rafts or storage containers, how about nerfing that so you get a diminishing XP return if you abuse one thing, come on if you want us to grind when it comes to travel why not levelling? Whatever system you design people will spend more time trying to cheese it in an easier way, are you going to keep patching things that we decide are acceptable to us (or atleast some of us). If you want people to play on the ground there needs to be some incentive to do so, taking that ability and forcing us to the ground is not the answer. I was looking forward to a thyla on the PC, looks like I won't get to play with any of the new dino's, it's a bad place out there for a lone rider who is forced to use whatever he can come across, I went into the redwood biome to cut a corner and was immediately pulled off my tame and killed, so flying isn't exactly safe. There are 5 or so things that can remove you from your mount that was all that was needed. this is overkill and the majority say no o the nerf. Someone should make a poll so they have it clear to see, 90% of us hate it enough to stop playing

23 minutes ago, Zederia said:

0.0 means "disable changes" 0.1 or lower bit above 0.0 is what you want

no 0.0 disables it (the interval), always had to set that on the xbox menu as it doesn't remember the change (remembers every other amount tho) I would recommend taking the tame to an obelisk, you can upload and download it and the mating interval resets. or atleast it did on xbox

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived