Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting....How about next time you just don't say anything about when you are going to release something? We all know it is a lie anyway. You admins gonna delete this post too? I am getting irritable, as the extra twenty dollars I bet a friend on your patch delivery failure for a third time in two days has already been paid to me and I even had time to drive the fifteen miles to the liquor store and back and you guys still can't get your crap together. In case anyone is wondering, the admins deleted my post in this thread about how I bet a friend that WC would fail again on patch delivery. I won that one two days ago. I bet the same friend WC would fail again. They did. Now I drink expensive alcohol tonight. And WE ARE ALL STILL WAITING!

5 minutes ago, Layton said:

Still waiting....How about next time you just don't say anything about when you are going to release something? We all know it is a lie anyway. You admins gonna delete this post too? I am getting irritable, as the extra twenty dollars I bet a friend on your patch delivery failure for a third time in two days has already been paid to me and I even had time to drive the fifteen miles to the liquor store and back and you guys still can't get your crap together. In case anyone is wondering, the admins deleted my post in this thread about how I bet a friend that WC would fail again on patch delivery. I won that one two days ago. I bet the same friend WC would fail again. They did. Now I drink expensive alcohol tonight. And WE ARE ALL STILL WAITING!

Relax.  You'd be even more pissed if the update crashed the servers.

3 minutes ago, Layton said:

Dude I feel you pain really, I am also sitting here waiting for it but please be patient it's just a game no need to get angry over this. I'm a Dev too but in the Health care industry. When we reach a code complete for a release our release candidate cycle last days not a few hours. You'd be really pissed at my company if you be as eagerly waiting for our updates. Why are we slower than for games? Because if our patch mess up it can cost peoples live and that means our Co being sued. So I respect WC delay they are staying up late just for our entertainment pleasure not for our own health.

Just now, Lorien said:

Dude I feel you pain really, I am also sitting here waiting for it but please be patient it's just a game no need to get angry over this. I'm a Dev too but in the Health care industry. When we reach a code complete for a release our release candidate cycle last days not a few hours. You'd be really pissed at my company if you be as eagerly waiting for our updates. Why are we slower than for games? Because if our patch mess up it can cost peoples live and that means our Co being sued. So I respect WC delay they are staying up late just for our entertainment pleasure not for our own health.

You don't get it. WC does this Every....Single....Time. I got another twenty bucks that says they cut water breeding at the last minute.

4 minutes ago, Lorien said:

I don't think it's....necessarily how they do it, or what. It's the misinformation they release constantly. Every fifteen minutes, to every half hour, there's a message that says "The servers will be going down in 20 minutes for a major patch". For oh, 5-6 hours at times.

This is really problematic because doing anything in this game, at all, takes an hour or two by design. Which essentially means Wildcard is making everyone extremely nervous, if not outright unable, to do anything for that window of time, because they don't respect the player/testers time. 

If I were a gambler, I would bet some serious money that you don't send your clients "Updates" every 20 minutes that the service will be going down in half an hour, for 6 hours. It's infuriating. If they actually had a schedule that was even remotely semi-reliable, and they communicated it, people wouldn't be freaking out. 

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

That's just plain brontopoop there...

It isn't. For the last five hours, they have been releasing messages that the game will be going down in half an hour. In a game where doing almost *anything* takes hours, thinking that the game will be going down in half an hour, actually does, make the game unplayable. 

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived