So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Last night in ARK, on my heavily modded Rag server, I FINALLY DEFEATED THE ALPHA BOSS ARENA! After collecting all the Artifacts, as I have modified the .ini code to require the Artifact of the Brute as tribute for the Ragnarok Arena, and changing the other tributes to also require the Dragon and Manticore tributes (Allo Brains, Giga Hearts, Wyvern Talons, etc.), removing the tributes that are not normally required to summon the Dragon or Manticore on the map that they were introduced on (Except for the artifacts, as Ragnarok does not have the S.E. Artifacts). After defeating the bosses, I transferred my armor, dinos, skins, and recipe notes off of Ragnarok and then uploaded my character. Now, I am going to transfer to The Center.

Last night in ARK, after transferring from Ragnarok to The Center, and changing around a few mods (Ragnarok-specific map extensions to The Center-specific map extension mods), decreasing my mod count from 38 to 36, as I have a minimum of 34 mods, and for The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, and CI, I have a variable number of map extensions (2 for Center, 4 for Rag, 1 for both Val and CI). However, CI's map extension is buggy, as the Liquefied Stegos have no animations and cause the game to crash with a fatal error, similar to the Stegos with the Prim+ total conversion. So, anyways, after transferring to The Center, I spawned on Tropical Island North, as the map extension I have for The Center adds features (so far) only to Tropical Island North. After going to Tropical Island South, I accessed the Obelisk there to get my stuff that I had transferred. There, I found a Rex, but what was so abnormal about the Rex, was that it even spawned in! For a long time, due to a bug, my creature remap mod did not properly remap the Carno, Megalodon, Raptor, or Rex on The Island, The Center, and CI (They did not spawn at all). However, after an update, the creatures actually spawned in! I also .ini coded The Center's boss arena tributes, similar to what I did with Ragnarok's boss tributes, to require ALL Artifacts on the map, as well as requiring a combination of the Spider and Gorilla boss tributes (Argent Talons, Megalodon Teeth, etc.) for Beta and Alpha difficulties, removing the Basilo Blubber ant Squid Tentacles that the tribute usually requires (I don't quite get why the map creator did that!), and replacing them with Therizino Claws (I don't quite get why they are not required for The Center tribute requirement, you are fighting against the Spider and Gorilla, and the Gorilla requires Therizino Claws on The Island, but not The Center!? I don't get it!). Anyways, after setting up my base on Lava Island (Much better than my base on Ragnarok, on that map my base was on an ice lake where temps averaged -40oC, but on Lava Island, the ambient temp is around 25oC.), I went Artifact hunting. Got all 11 Artifacts on the map (Got the Artifacts of the Hunter, Massive, and Strong on a Deinonychus, the Artifacts of the Devourer, Clever, Cunning, Skylord, and Devious on a high-level Rock Drake, and the Artifacts of the Immune, Pack, and Brute on an imprinted Shadowmane.). Went back to base, retrieved my Rex from my Soul Terminal (I have the Dino Storage mod), went to the Red Obelisk, deposited the Artifacts, entered the boss arena, beat the double boss fight fairly quickly, returned, went back to base, soul trapped my Rex, returned it to the Soul Terminal, and logged off.

Last night, on my heavily modded The Center SP session, I did the same as I did last night, with a few exceptions:

• Got 100 woolly rhino horns.
  • I beat the bosses at Beta difficulty, rather than Gamma.
  • Before entering the boss arena, I went hunting for boss tributes.
  • The Rex that I used last night laid an egg, with, get this: 100 mutations! I then used that Rex, which was 100 levels higher than its mother (413 to 313), beat the bosses very quickly!
  • After the boss fight, the Rex laid 10 eggs at once! I don't know how, but it did! I can't wait to see that each Rex has ~150 mutations!

Last night in ARK, I got all the Artifacts on The Center, beat the Alpha Bosses, hatched my 10 Rex eggs, got 12 Rexes, and used my Yuty to lead the Rexes into battle. Then I soul-trapped my Rexes and got my Yuty into the Underground World. Then it was 3am so I uploaded my dinos, uploaded my character, and left The Center.

Taking a break from FFXIV to come back and enjoy the "final days" of Ark before moving on to ASA.

Decided to switch it up and do a randomized map order just to see how far I can get. For my own sanity gamma will be sufficient for advancement as that's still an ascension, even if it's a weak one. Glad I did because my order is definitely, well, random lol.

My first map to play is Scorched Earth. I'm actually ok with this. I really enjoyed the map the last (and incidentally, first) time I played it. I really wish people would take a cue from SE and do more environmental themed maps rather than trying to cram every biome in to max out on creatures in a thinly veiled attempt to make every map "Ragnarok, but bigger/better". Fjordur at least had the different realms going for it, but I would have loved a whole map that was basically just Vanaheim expanded. Or even Asgard. Anyway.

So I spawned in and got to work leveling up, taming my first set of utility dinos, and making the trek to my new old base location. I decided I wanted to build there again and rebuild my old SE base which I absolutely loved the design of, only this time I'm actually going to finish it. Never finished the roof level last time.

Btw my "trick" for surviving early game in SE is to level fortitude first, not movement speed. Everything's going to kill you anyway but you'll live longer if you're not overheated and dehydrating every 30 seconds. I only died once and it was due to exploring a bit too far and getting kapro'd at a watering hole before I had desert cloth.

My entire day after that was basically mass clay crafting. I really need a moschops for fiber but I haven't seen any, got a low level argent and scouted around for one already. Making do with the sickle for now.

Made a ton of progress though, helps that I've already done this design once before lol. Got the base level done and am about halfway through the second level. It's not exactly the way I built it before but I do think it's much cleaner this time around. Very excited to keep working on it over the course of the week. Kinda funny how unnecessary it is tbh but sometimes I just make a build that I really love and this is one of them.

• Like 1