its been fun

megagoo

its been fun

just want wc to know that they lost 2 customers.  we are console users, have familys and jobs.  wanted to breed a baby allo, sacrificed an entire night from 9 pm just sitting and feeding it until 2 am.  left it as a juvenile with a full trough , neither of us could get on until 12 pm est and the animal died.  how could wc really build this kind of mechanic.  what a joke.  im not even gonna bother moving to unofficials because they are exactly that, unofficials and dont have stability .  moving onto a game that fits our playtime a bit better, just sad that wc cant cater towards casuals.

maybe when i get my dino urge ill rock single player but for now, thanks for the fun and ending it with a swift kick to the groin.

I hate to say it, but you did it wrong then.

First off, Kibble is your friend while Breeding, particularly with a life. A stack of a hundred dodo kibble (Not hard to get) is a great fail safe for baby raising. Put it in the baby's inv after it reaches Juvey. Second, one Trough is a very very severe mistake. I recommend at least five troughs. They don't need to be full, but of course, having them full is good.

Now, what to do with the five troughs. I recommend, for each baby, 2 troughs of Raw Meat and one trough of Cooked Meat.

Raw Meat will spoil, not accounting for consumption, in twelve hours. Cooked meat, I believe, is 24 hours. The kibble will sustain the baby dino for quite a while.

I do believe that the mistake you made was underpreparing. The mechanic itself, is quite easy, if time consuming, to deal with. You tried it, once, and, instead of learning from your mistake, you're going to quit?

I don't recommend it, at the very least, try some of the unofficial/modded servers. 

You needed a 2nd trough of all the things to complain about this is a non issue.

Your baby starved because you didn't Feed it.

Normally I fill baby dinos inventory AND have a few troughs with food. Dodo kibble is nice too since it won't spoil.

Another hint, put salt in dino inventory. This increases the spoil time on the animal. Salt stacks to 6, which last about 3 hours, which can slow your meat spoiling in your dino by quite a bit.

coming back to address some posts, i still deleted the game dont really care.  if thats what it takes then this game isnt for me and my friends. we are fine, well find something else there are plenty of games out there for people with the gaming hours we could put in we just wanted to love this game.

i was under the impression that from 2 am until 12 pm, 10 hours, that a full trough of raw meat, cooked meat and kibble would be enough for an allosaurus. i guess it wasnt even with the 1.5, its really the only reason i tried it.  i fully understand that given my commitment level to video games ill never be able to have an allo, or rex or anything like that on an official server, it is what it is.  not looking for apologies, i just want the devs to know instead of catering to teenagers and streamers, how about the casuals that want to play this genre.  this game wont last another year on consoles unless they fix the rates imo.  

1 hour ago, megagoo said:

coming back to address some posts, i still deleted the game dont really care.  if thats what it takes then this game isnt for me and my friends. we are fine, well find something else there are plenty of games out there for people with the gaming hours we could put in we just wanted to love this game.

i was under the impression that from 2 am until 12 pm, 10 hours, that a full trough of raw meat, cooked meat and kibble would be enough for an allosaurus. i guess it wasnt even with the 1.5, its really the only reason i tried it.  i fully understand that given my commitment level to video games ill never be able to have an allo, or rex or anything like that on an official server, it is what it is.  not looking for apologies, i just want the devs to know instead of catering to teenagers and streamers, how about the casuals that want to play this genre.  this game wont last another year on consoles unless they fix the rates imo.  

I've had work weeks (Multiple weeks in a row) where I'm barely able to play an hour a day.

I still managed to raise three Giga's, a dozen Pteras and a bunch of turtles in that time frame.

Breeding isn't as hard as you make it sound. You just failed your first attempt and are now whining ragequitting because, you know, easier to quit then to fess up, take responsibility, say "I messed up" and learn to do it right. 

Yep...I breed a ton of stuff solo, and just make it work around work. Just get through the baby stage, then I'll feed before bed, when I wake up before work around 6, swing by the house at lunch if I get a chance to imprint/refill troughs, then when I get home around 4, and that's plenty for basically any baby to survive. 

A single trough isn't enough if you're going to be gone that long. Which you;d have known if you did your home work.

Even a faster raise animal like a ptera needs more than a single trough to go 10 hours without feeding it more.

The real question is though. Was there food left in the trough when you got home? If there was, you might have a legit complaint. But I'm almost completely certain that there wasn't, because again, even a ptera only gets about 6 hours fresh into juvi off of a single trough. Allo takes a bit longer, and eats a bit more than a ptera, so yea, a single trough isn't gonna cut it. Not until you're into adolescent at the very earliest.

Unless you're in a remote area that nobody goes to, and you can abuse the stasis mechanic.

I feel like this is part of the game. Its like getting wiped on PvP. The only way you learn how to better defend yourself is getting wiped. We learn best from mistakes. I think giving up after a mistake isn't a problem with the game, but a problem with the user. IMO. This is a great game even with its flaws. I can't wait till full release!

I could go on and go on about what WC is going and what not, including a sarcastic comment about a dead baby, but I'll just say one thing: Don't cry about WC not caring for casuals if you are too casual for a task that requires you not to be a casual and you fail that task.

Taming dinos is casual.

Breeding isn't casual.

Archived