ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Awhile back it was decided that resource gathering and taming speeds would get a permanent increase to x2.

With the valentines event increasing dino breeding and growing speeds by x3 - we noticed alot more people bred who haven't previously - including myself

Will the base for modifiers for breeding be permently increased to x2 like the resource gathering etc was and on weekends to x3 base ark or (1.5)?

Thanks for reading and please like if you agree with this.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dev Team i was wandering is there any chance you are ever gonna do some changes to The Sarco it is one of my favorite dinos in the Game. but it just feels really weak and boring to use , i mean it constantly sprints in water witch is really annoying. so maybe you could make it like water dinos so you can choose if you want to sprint, and again it dosen't feel very crocodile like, i mean its a massive crocodile that eats dinos. it could at least be a little more awesome than it is now, i hope you will take this to mind. also do you have any news on Primal Survival ?

So how's the flyer rebalance going? Come to any concrete decisions or have any insight that could help the community hash it out better? Thinking of changing picking? A speed cap? Reintroducing the damage multiplier from projectiles? 

What about tamed animals being too powerful? I know one of you said that they felt that way. How do you plan to bring them back into line with your vision without making players feel as if taming is a waste of time? Too weak, and players might not be able to justify the time spent into taming. Too strong, and the game becomes a cakewalk far too quickly. 

Why aren't Allosaurus able to apply bleed to bosses? It'd be nice to take other animals into Boss fights that aren't Rex. 

I really think Ced could use his own personal Primitive + mini-staff. 

On the "Upcoming Features" page, you say that dinosaurs will gain advanced artificial intelligence. What does that include? I guess dinosaurs will stop stalling, but will they have new animations, combat mechanics, behaviors, etc?
For example: Dinosaurs drinking, titanoboas catching their victims, raptors jumping on big dinosaurs, herbivores fleeing from carnivores, more tranquil carnivoros when they have a full stomach ...

1 hour ago, sMuve said:

When will you add a possibility to receive saddles or blueprints for the "newer" Dinos (Allosauraus, Baryonyx, Basilosaurus, Chalicotherium, Kaprosuchus, Megalosaurus, Tapejara, Therizinosaurus, Tusoteuthis). I would love to use the full potential of ARKs dinos and don't want longer to be limited by my saddles :)

They can be found in loot drops within the underwater caves.

When pets and characters get caught in the terrain and can not move, can you create a system that can escape because only PvE can be used?
It may take the form of putting limitations such as waiting time of 5 minutes to move, not using 1 hour after use.
I am in trouble because the pet which I am currently tapping can not move because it is trapped in the terrain.

I like the new engram tab for dedicated servers. It's pretty awesome to be able to customize our servers a bit more on consoles. Speaking of...

Would a slider that allows us to adjust the amount of dino's on the map be possible? More specifically, could we have a tab in the dedicated server settings that'll allow us to adjust spawn rates per dino? Even if it's just a "None, Minimal, Medium, Normal" option, it'll help towards eliminating over-spawn issues with certain dino's.

Also, could shared alliance exp be an option we could toggle on dedicated servers?

Will the imprint sliders for the times in between imprints ever be fixed on PS4? I try to set the slider to how other people on PC have them and no such luck, just 3+ hour imprint like I see on official. I play on unofficial so I don't have to deal with the other players who happen to hate where I place my base and so I can play how I want to play the game.

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived