ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, spoop said:

Can the liopleurodon be made into the creature it was originally  intended to be? The dossier describes a lazy surface predator that uses short bursts of speed to capture prey. The original intended oxygen giving feature would also have been a very good substitute for scuba tanks for low level players. The "magic liopluerodon" could still exist and just be made into a rarer variant like the white leed or unicorn. It just seems dissapointing that all it turned into was a timed gimmick.

Thank you! I was hoping someone would talk about that here. You are right on every count. In my opinion, at the very least, they should give people who run an unofficial server and people who play solo a command to make it a permanent tame like they did with the Titanosaur. Or, just scum and discard the deep sea loot crate buff and make it as originally described in the dossier. The Titan really upset people and the Liopleurodon will follow the same path if the current iteration isn't changed to be made a permanent tame.

Why are my unleveled breeder birds now lower level since the nerf?

My 2 base level 248 pteros are now a base level 217!!!

My 2 150 perfect tamed breeder quetzs are now 190s not 224s.

These were all un leveled.

Now gonna have to kill all my birds and start the breeding again....do you know how long it takes to get a ptero that high without inbreeding let alone to get 2 from 2 seperate blood lines!! Did you even think about that? Weeks and weeks of time wasted and know i have to do it all again.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

I feel that many dinos (particularly the older ones) have alot of unused potential and many have become entirely useless. I'd love to see special abilitys added to them to bring back their use, for example: Argents are huge birds of prey, dispute being so slow they should have a dive attack that is fast, and snatches up whatever is unlucky enough to be on the receiving end.

Unrelated yet I still think important, I feel weapons have some well-needed attachments like an underbarrel grenade launcher, and Tek Armor should have attachments too that change/add the function of the applied armor piece. Such as a cloak, personal shield generator, etc.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Will all rideable Dinos have Tek Saddles and will all Tek saddles have the same plasma cannons? I feel like there should be a bit of variety, like a Tek Saddle for a Stego could easily be a small Tek Shield generator rather than cannons, for example.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Can honey become a substitute for sap? This is how it always should have been to be honest. Gives the bees a little more worth, and their honey can be used to make tasty cakes or for fishing. Just makes sense.

Just saying. I can't wait until the next update hits and the dossiers are done.

once you guys start going into beta and the optimization really starts everyone is going to love it. I am sure some want other things but the one thing everyone wants is OPTIMIZATION.

keep up the good work guys. If you do get the chance, you guys do a really good job with experimenting so definitely feel free to experiment as much as you want.... you killed it with no tame. Shame a Dino game is more fun without tames. It's not your fault though, it is the players that perverted the original vision of your game.

as far as my question goes, when do you think more no tame or experimental servers of other sorts will come about?

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived