ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you please fix the flyers back to a usable state that doesn't induce rage and hair pulling when used. Like return the stamina dain to a normal level, and give us back the ability to upgrade their speed. And return the ability to stand on the Quetz's back to regain stamina, so we don't have to keep landing in hot zones with a bird that has lousy defensive abilities. It just feels like you sold us a sandbox game, and now your taking away our ability to play the game how we want, and are being forced to play it how you want. Everyone has a different playstyle. And it takes away our ability to say, have a really fast pteranadon to get to places quickly for whatever reason. One of the devs even stated that flyers are no more than ornaments now.. I think the issue started from PvP players finding it unfair for some reason, thats fine, but why punish us PvE players?? We were HAPPY... not anymore. Take a look at your server stats and tell us the % drop of players on your servers, i know you lost about 20,000 players in the first few days. Anyway... thanks. (the new music is gonna be the best thing about the game now)

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, RicardoNixon said:

Will you add genders and breeding for Bat, and genders for Dung Beetle and Spider?
I mean, it's weird that they are the only tameable creatures to lack gender, and Bat is the only mammal to be unbreedable

True, but the bats are super-annoying to tame as it is. People probably don't care because of how difficult they are to tame in the first place. Not saying breeding bats isn't possible, but I point out that getting two of them to breed could be super-irritating to most.

37 minutes ago, xnord1g said:

Why can someone claim my dino after only 8 days? I'm going out on vacation for 14 days and will come back with no dinos left... ? (PVE)

I suppose it might follow the same logic as the ability to destroy people's structures if they haven't been on in a while to allow other people to build and play, but I do agree that could be super annoying. Is there anyway you could take your laptop or whatever you have with you?

2 hours ago, xnord1g said:

Why can someone claim my dino after only 8 days? I'm going out on vacation for 14 days and will come back with no dinos left... ? (PVE)

When my laptop broke and i couldn't play for 4 weeks, i got a friend to login to my steam acc and then play ark as me to reset my timers, worked perfectly until i returned, i had to be on the phone with them to give them the authenticator code to be able to login. So there's that option.

Is there going to be a patch for boat glitches such as falling out of raft walls while moving or lag jumping into others rafts while they move?

Building limit on rafts needs an increase (limit turrets on rafts to prevent pvp problems).

Also patch where rafts lag through other rafts structures and or through structures in general.

13 minutes ago, Zenos said:

Can we get cactus to grow in crop plots? Maybe have them look like prickly pear for fruit for animation.

A thought. Maybe this could have two additional functions. In large crop plots they will act like spike walls and to harvest you must have gloves on or take damage.

Cool idea. It would certainly help in Scorched Earth to have harvestable cactus in your crop plots to make getting cactus sap and maybe a new kind of fruit (like the prickly pear you suggested) easier.

On 2017-2-22 at 8:06 PM, BrownbeardMSTK said:

° Official proof Mods for Console like S+ will be cool

° Configurable Controller Settings

° Little spark, Beacon above backpacks to find them better

° Tek Spyglass to see all stats from dinos

° Industrial Grinder should give the half of items back (minimum) or let the player,host decide how much the grinder can give back with settings

° Better Paint Tool

° Crafting quality items

Bugfix the always 3 hour cuddleinterval on ps4

Dino painting for players on console. Would be awesome if we didn't have to mither the host or admins on player dedicated servers to paint our tames. S+ and stacker mods would be good would love to see more mods come to console 

Can the liopleurodon be made into the creature it was originally  intended to be? The dossier describes a lazy surface predator that uses short bursts of speed to capture prey. The original intended oxygen giving feature would also have been a very good substitute for scuba tanks for low level players. The "magic liopluerodon" could still exist and just be made into a rarer variant like the white leed or unicorn. It just seems dissapointing that all it turned into was a timed gimmick.

Hey,

Do you think you could add some sort of stronger medical gear? Like maybe a shot, which has special ingredients (like ammonia bile) that could provide significant stat upgrades temporarily. That, and maybe like a bandage, or other things? This would be an interesting thing in PvP battles, because the blood pack is useful, but it is very temporary and it spoils quickly.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived