Did you know WC is cutting tribes to 400 tames in 2 days???

Vad

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, Gluupor said:

i know its pointless to ask here since wildcard prefers to post on steam instead of their own forum but:

what will happen to the dinos that currently exceed the limit of 400?

@Jen

I would have thought that any dinos over the amount of 400 at the time the update comes in will remain, however it will mean you cannot tame any more until that count goes back under 400. So if you have lets say 420 tames, one dies giving you 419, you wouldn't be able to replace that lost tame until you lose 20 more. That's the only sensible way to handle it. The only issue comes down to the fact it is PvE and tames dieing in PvE occur a lot less than in PvP.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pretty poorly thought out idea and anti-social at the same time.  Too  bad if you like being tribed up with friends as it not really that viable anymore.  So tribes split and keep the same amount of dinos as they had before and nothing gets achieved except for making the game worse to play and unfriendly.

Why is ok for 1 person to have 400 dinos but 10 people also get 400 dinos?  It's idiotic to say the least.

23 minutes ago, Kallor said:

It's a pretty poorly thought out idea and anti-social at the same time.  Too  bad if you like being tribed up with friends as it not really that viable anymore.  So tribes split and keep the same amount of dinos as they had before and nothing gets achieved except for making the game worse to play and unfriendly.

Why is ok for 1 person to have 400 dinos but 10 people also get 400 dinos?  It's idiotic to say the least.

Make an alliance and start trading what you can't get with 400 dinos?
Worst case this encourage interactions.
Sure its a hassle to split stuff up, but in the end we all know there is a limit to what technology can do today, so there has to be limits.

My tribe did a dino count 8 months ago we past 400 dinos already and we was 5 in my tribe now we are 20 people in my tribe after merge with equal big tribes and got 4 times bigger to work for boss fight and work on a healthy community on our server my guess is we got above 1000+ dinos with all the breeding and time spent for super dinos and alot of work.

there is 83 released dinos now and with this patch 4 more to come and it will be 41 dinos that lays eggs for kibble and as a big tribe we always want to tame the newest dinos and there for having around 9 dinos of all egg layers so that means 369 dinos just for kibble + personal dinos and farming dinos. Easy passing 600-1000 dinos because of the amount of players in the tribe. This will destroy what we have build and merge and build a big happy tribe will limit us alot.

6 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

Sure its a hassle to split stuff up, but in the end we all know there is a limit to what technology can do today, so there has to be limits.

Do you even play the game? In what way can you compare the functionality that you get with a tribe to that of an alliance?

Alliance gives me a chat channel and the ability to build near alliance structures.

How about access to dinos? No.

Access to bases? No (and dont say pin code that's just excessively tedious and not really viable unless rarely used)

Ability to help tame? No.

Xp? No.

Pickup people? No.

If this is the best that wildcard can come up with, it's pretty embarrassing.

As for your last point sure, of course tech has its limits but an arbitrary dino cap isn't really a solution unless they address the issues that cause too many dinos.  And how about trying to implement a solution that doesnt screw people over who are in a tribe.

7 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

And what about big tribes that need to split up because of that update and still want to keep their bases? There should be at least an option for unclaiming structures or something like this.

Also i dont see a problem with that limit in general, i just dont get why stuff like random (color) mutations - that encourages to collect colorful dinos - are added and in the end they make a tribe dino limit.

1 minute ago, Kallor said:

Do you even play the game? In what way can you compare the functionality that you get with a tribe to that of an alliance?

Alliance gives me a chat channel and the ability to build near alliance structures.

Access to bases? No (and dont say pin code that's just excessively tedious and not really viable unless rarely used)

Xp? No.

Pickup people? No.

If this is the best that wildcard can come up with, it's pretty embarrassing.

You seriously need access to 400+ dinos? No...
Can you swap tribes as needed? Yes.
Does this solve most of your issues? Yes.
Solutions beats complaining...
If you want adjustments bring them, complaining leaves it to WC to adjust things...
And you don't seem to happy with that so come up with something better.

The only real issue with this is that the server cap will probably be reached either way.

10 Tribes of 400 dinos and we're back at 4k.

2 minutes ago, Schelmixi said:

And what about big tribes that need to split up because of that update and still want to keep their bases? There should be at least an option for unclaiming structures or something like this.

Also i dont see a problem with that limit in general, i just dont get why stuff like random (color) mutations - that encourages to collect colorful dinos - are added and in the end they make a tribe dino limit.

Unclaiming structures has been on my wishlist as well for other reasons. Definitely something they should consider adding now though.
Some easier way to dispose of "spare" dinos in PvE would be welcome as well.
While my 15+ scorps where great when starting out I don't really need more scorp eggs now.
Can ofc just dump em in swamp, but as others have mentioned, some storage option would be great.

Just now, GobboKirk said:

You seriously need access to 400+ dinos? No...
Can you swap tribes as needed? Yes.
Does this solve most of your issues? Yes.
Solutions beats complaining...
If you want adjustments bring them, complaining leaves it to WC to adjust things...
And you don't seem to happy with that so come up with something better.

The only real issue with this is that the server cap will probably be reached either way.

10 Tribes of 400 dinos and we're back at 4k.

Yes we do, because while we are tribed together so we can help each other, we also do stuff separately along with bases.

No we can't swap tribes, strucure ownership is tribe owned which means swapping a tribe leaves you with nothing. 

No, it doesnt solve a single issue because dino count is not going to get reduced it just splits the tribe.

It's not a viable solution, is it wrong to ask for one?

WC have been given all kinds of suggestions to zero avail.

Exactly, still at the cap, still at 4k, this hasn't solved the problem.  So why implement a knee-jerk change that doesn't even fix the problem int he first place?

The need to make fundemental changes to the game so excess dinos are NEVER needed.

1 minute ago, Kallor said:

Yes we do, because while we are tribed together so we can help each other, we also do stuff separately along with bases.

No we can't swap tribes, strucure ownership is tribe owned which means swapping a tribe leaves you with nothing. 

No, it doesnt solve a single issue because dino count is not going to get reduced it just splits the tribe.

It's not a viable solution, is it wrong to ask for one?

WC have been given all kinds of suggestions to zero avail.

Exactly, still at the cap, still at 4k, this hasn't solved the problem.  So why implement a knee-jerk change that doesn't even fix the problem int he first place?

The need to make fundemental changes to the game so excess dinos are NEVER needed.

Just got to go with what we got though... Pretty sure I've seen this exact thing suggest by players and far from ideal sure.

Set up egg tribes I guess with pin coded feeding troughs..
Nobody needs daily access to that many dinos, unclaiming/pincoding/Tribe swaps would be needed so yeah it's a hassle but not the end of the world.

This will at least limit it for solo players, so they are forced to stick to the limit and avoid one person filling up half server cap.

So not a fix to all problems but eases it.

Honestly not sure there is one great solution for all this though.. Official PvE will be rough to "fix" in lack of a better word.

Just now, GobboKirk said:

Just got to go with what we got though... Pretty sure I've seen this exact thing suggest by players and far from ideal sure.

Set up egg tribes I guess with pin coded feeding troughs..
Nobody needs daily access to that many dinos, unclaiming/pincoding/Tribe swaps would be needed so yeah it's a hassle but not the end of the world.

This will at least limit it for solo players, so they are forced to stick to the limit and avoid one person filling up half server cap.

So not a fix to all problems but eases it.

Honestly not sure there is one great solution for all this though.. Official PvE will be rough to "fix" in lack of a better word.

So we split the tribe and end up duplicating even more egglayers for convenience.  Great, not only have they not reduced the number of dinos, it's now increased.

Sure it's been suggested by players, why would a 1 person tribe care about a 400 dino cap? It doesn't really hurt them does it and why would they care about people who tribe together?

There is an easy solution that doesn't even really require any new features, just the tweaking of a few variables and the problem is significantly reduced both short and long term.

1. Remove males from egg farms, they have no logical reason.  So disable mate boost from increasing eggs and boost base egg laying rate.

2. Remove oviraptor egg boost. Yeah I know it's a unique feature but admitting it's useful is the same as admitting the base egg laying rate is too low. Boost base egg laying rate.

3. Why do egg farms have multiple females? Because egg laying rate is too low, so boost egg laying rate so that you don't need more than 1 (with a little more effort you could make it so that only 1 lays at a time anyway).

See none of those require anything new coded. Surely those changes wouldn't take more than an hour or two?  And at this point, suddenly a tribe limit of 400 while still being dodgy, might just become viable for large tribes.

You could do other things to help but they might need some coding.

4. Maybe boost egg laying speed in tribes with more people (or online people). Again, just to make a single female viable.

5. Change the amount of kibble per egg.

These changes are all small but would put a significant dent in the requirement for large egg farms.  It can also benefit tribes in that a large number of people can share 1 farm rather than having 1 each.  They have already said they don't want to spend time rebuilding the kibble system until the game is feature complete, but the above changes don't require anything new or any major change.  Easily changed again once they fix the kibble system later, but at least it's a viable solution NOW.

Sure there are other issues that cause too many dinos, but egg farms is a big one and pretty easy to cull significantly with little coding required.  But no, they just knee-jerk implement a shortsighted and anti-social cap that isn't really going to work anyway.  /sigh

I'd be all for egg laying boost, also adding ovis to auto pick eggs.

You'll waste less and can get away with less dinos.

You're still stuck with individuals being able to block half the servers dino population on their own though if you have no cap.
So cap is still needed and the inconvenience of splitting up should lessen it somewhat even if it only really solves small tribe hoarding.
I'd only consider this one step, not a final fix.

On 2/18/2017 at 2:37 PM, ogwrestlerx said:

Really? People are complaining about a Dino cap of 400 Dino's? That's an insane amount, why would anyone need that much anyways

I dont play PVE, but to my understanding it wouldnt be unreasonable to cap it.

In PVP, with cross-ark servers, and War all day every day, you can never have too many dinos. And for large Alpha tribes that have 20+ members, it's easy for each player to have 50+ dinos(mostly pteras) each just for war that are bred/tamed just to fight and die. Not counting Egg and harvesting dinos.

3 hours ago, Kallor said:

Xp? No.

Pickup people? No.

basically the problem is here, and this is why I'm quite happy about this change.

On PVE/PC servers, some tribes are not really tribes but alliance betweens different players who want to share, quietly, the server. They can book some area by pillaring without disturbing other regular players, it's mainly about sharing the areas, cause they dont share stuff, dinos or eggs.

It just disturbs new players or the ones who don't want to join this big tribe.

This change looks fair. 400 dinos is really enough for any tribe, even too high, but it's a good start.

I think there should be a cap, but doing it per tribe should not be the way to go. It should be per player.  Right now, tribes are splitting (or planning to split) just to save their dinos. This has lots of ramifications as outlined in a few posts above. Ultimately, it's causing more work for players in order to get around this limit - something most of us are probably willing to do. So instead of a tribe of 5 with 1000 dinos killing off 600, you'll see them split into smaller tribes to keep them all. So it's not going to reduce the dinos on the server as much as intended. Making the limit per player allows these tribes to stick together and cooperate as intended by the game without making us jump through loopholes. I mean, already you can have personal dinos in a tribe, right? So the functionality is there. If your tribe doesn't do personally owned dinos, then it would default to a tribe limit. I would be ok with this compromise... I'd even be ok with a lower per-person limit.

4 minutes ago, geneticbits said:

I think there should be a cap, but doing it per tribe should not be the way to go. It should be per player. 

Doesn't make any sence.

I play with my bro and tame most of all the dinos we own. And he just join to enjoy some time when we hunt or look for new dinos.
Limit has to be per tribe, not per player. you can calculate your need per tribe, not per player.

For example doesn't make any sence to have 3 doed or castors per player, but per tribe, yes.

3 hours ago, Larsjons said:

My tribe did a dino count 8 months ago we past 400 dinos already and we was 5 in my tribe now we are 20 people in my tribe after merge with equal big tribes and got 4 times bigger to work for boss fight and work on a healthy community on our server my guess is we got above 1000+ dinos with all the breeding and time spent for super dinos and alot of work.

there is 83 released dinos now and with this patch 4 more to come and it will be 41 dinos that lays eggs for kibble and as a big tribe we always want to tame the newest dinos and there for having around 9 dinos of all egg layers so that means 369 dinos just for kibble + personal dinos and farming dinos. Easy passing 600-1000 dinos because of the amount of players in the tribe. This will destroy what we have build and merge and build a big happy tribe will limit us alot.

You don't need 9 of each. You're actually lowering your egg production by thinking that.

A single egg farm with 3 of each female and 1 male (4 total) for a total of 164 dinos will more than supply your kibble needs, unless you treat this like Pokemon Go and tame literally everything you see.

Large tribes should be more efficient with dinos per player than small tribes, not less.

As for the breeding argument, if you kill off your single stat breeders once you have all of stats on different gender combinations of doubles, and then kill the doubles when you have either triples or quads. And then kill those once you have all 6 on a single pairing, you don't need that many for breeding. Just keep breeding that pairing over and over, adding any females you get into the breeding pool.

For a tribe that does boss fights, once they have their rexes up to par, they only need 22 rexes. 20 to take to the fight, 2 to remain behind and replace the rest of the line if you lose.

We got some tribes who just collect dinos by the tons for no reasons but to have as many as possible. [kiddies]
Its stupid to just tame hordes of dinos for no reasons shutting out everyone on the map by capping the
tames out to the max so no one can do anything or get any let alone all the meat they require strips the map of food.

When they fixed the spawn amount vs tame issue, we finally had enough dinos around to feed our little base, but before that other tribes were scouring the map of all food there really wasn't any to be had until the patch dropped. We need a cap and it should be balanced out so tribes can't just horde a bunch of useless dinos eating all the food.

26 minutes ago, Wierko said:

Doesn't make any sence.

I play with my bro and tame most of all the dinos we own. And he just join to enjoy some time when we hunt or look for new dinos.
Limit has to be per tribe, not per player. you can calculate your need per tribe, not per player.

For example doesn't make any sence to have 3 doed or castors per player, but per tribe, yes.

You can have "Personally Owned, Tribe Ridden" so your brother can still ride your dinos. Or, if you got close to personal cap, then he can have ownership of the dinos. It's easy - you unclaim, he claims, everyone can still ride, it's just owned by someone else. 

That's exactly my point with the no sense to 3 doed or castors per player. My tribe has 3 players, 3 doeds, but each player "owns" their own, but they are all in the same tribe. So rather than counting 3/400, having it be a personal limit would be 1/400. (The reason we own our individual dinos is because of imprint boost! Another feature of the game that encourages a higher dino population - i.e. 1 of each dino per player...)

Archived