Thanks for the warning....anything else you want to delete while your at it?

vowels

Ya know it would have been nice if we were told about the artifacts ... because you know I ran caves over and over to only have 100+ artifacts deleted. Also would have been nice to get a warning about deleting all structures on the floating island ... because you know I had a forge full of metal and a fabi full of polymer. I understand this is a alpha/beta/whatever game but some warning goes a long way. I am just waiting for allos spawning in buildings to break again ... because you know we havn't lost enough that way either. 

Just now, clumsynynja said:

Context? 

Most recent patches since major update.

* Fixed TheCenter destroying structures on floating island in pve (not retroactive)

* Note: Artifacts have been deleted once, in order to ensure the new limits on carrying them take effect (only Players can carry them now).  But if artifacts were in trophy bases they were not deleted.

Yeah they snuck in the artifacts being deleted in the patch notes rt before they update dropped by like a couple days. I was pissed to the max when I heard this. Thanks again Wildcard. With this logic you might as well delete eggs and kibbles for new dinos every update. Don't want nobody to get a head start ya know...

• Volunteer Moderator

Couple of questions.

How do you expect someone (anyone) to give a warning about structures being deleted on the floating islands by an error? The Patch Note piece you quoted was the FIX for the issue. So what warning would you have liked about the (at the time) unexpected bug?

Although it would have been good to have more warning about the artifacts, but if you had more warning what would you have done? Used all 100+ on multiple Boss battles or come to the forum to complain?

46 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Although it would have been good to have more warning about the artifacts, but if you had more warning what would you have done? Used all 100+ on multiple Boss battles or come to the forum to complain?

I would have placed them in the trophy bases like I had planed. Just had not gotten around to it yet. I did not have many, just a few. But one of them artifact of the strong was given to me by someone in another tribe. I am going to organize a run to all the caves one of these days so people can get the artifacts if they want to use them for decorations.

8 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Couple of questions.

How do you expect someone (anyone) to give a warning about structures being deleted on the floating islands by an error? The Patch Note piece you quoted was the FIX for the issue. So what warning would you have liked about the (at the time) unexpected bug?

Well they should warn their player base way better about their updates.
Lost a 245 base giga to the pearl cave cause they removed transfer through artifacts and drops. Without any warning.

Ticket got the status solved now cause they dont help people with stuck dino's. LOL

Wouldn't that piss you off gamerperfection?

9 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

It's not unreasonable for a person to expect to know what the rules will be so they can make an informed decision on how to spend their time. This was obviously a situation where devs were avoiding backlash by trying to sneak something in. Especially considering the "What would you have done if they had told you...Complain?" line, because obviously the artifacts were farmed to get a head start on Tek tier not just fight bosses, so that part of the comment is just useless fluff.

Obviously the people who farmed the 100's of artifacts wouldn't have had they known it would have been a waste of time. And unless you're being willfully obtuse you actually know this and are just being confrontational.

Communication is not Wildcard's forte, so don't get defensive when someone is angry because that lack of communication cost them a large amount of time and effort. Just get better at informing players.

12 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Couple of questions.

Regarding the floating island, what would you have suggested? Are we just supposed to anticipate them to screw up every single time and have umpteen number of bases in preparation for at least to be simply deleted every update? May I also ask you how that is possible on servers reaching tame and/or build limits?

Another question since you seem to have all of the answers here: what are we supposed to do about our bases vanishing? At this point it's kind of like devs are saying "Oops, we messed up! Haha, go figure. Right? You can now build there again, but everything you had is just gone so enjoy starting from scratch because we can't be bothered to help you out!" My server is crowded and dino limits have been reached since base deletion. I lost some dinos during the fiasco because protection was just gone. I can't get those back unless tribes kill off their hundreds of useless dinos that they bring from scorched earth and let sit for nothing other than to eat from troughs.

Why are we just forced to be shafted because WildCard messed up?

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Zakius said:

Regarding the floating island, what would you have suggested? Are we just supposed to anticipate them to screw up every single time and have umpteen number of bases in preparation for at least to be simply deleted every update? May I also ask you how that is possible on servers reaching tame and/or build limits?

Another question since you seem to have all of the answers here: what are we supposed to do about our bases vanishing? At this point it's kind of like devs are saying "Oops, we messed up! Haha, go figure. Right? You can now build there again, but everything you had is just gone so enjoy starting from scratch because we can't be bothered to help you out!" My server is crowded and dino limits have been reached since base deletion. I lost some dinos during the fiasco because protection was just gone. I can't get those back unless tribes kill off their hundreds of useless dinos that they bring from scorched earth and let sit for nothing other than to eat from troughs.

Why are we just forced to be shafted because WildCard messed up?

The point was that the OP was saying it would have been nice to have a warning before structures were destroyed on the floating island. The structures were not knowingly destroyed, it was due to a bug, therefore it is not possible for anyone to give advance warning for such a thing.

The artifacts one then yeah better warning could have been given, but bringing the floating island issue into it and expecting advance warning of that just makes it look like an attempt to bulster the argument.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

The point was that the OP was saying it would have been nice to have a warning before structures were destroyed on the floating island. The structures were not knowingly destroyed, it was due to a bug, therefore it is not possible for anyone to give advance warning for such a thing.

The artifacts one then yeah better warning could have been given, but bringing the floating island issue into it and expecting advance warning of that just makes it look like an attempt to bulster the argument.

You're right, no warning could have been given. I'm touchy on this topic and overlooked the 'warning-about-deleted' part. Homes still vanished and so much was lost because of their error, and we're stuck picking up the pieces because nobody can be bothered to truly fix the issue.

1 minute ago, Zakius said:

You're right, no warning could have been given. I'm touchy on this topic and overlooked the 'warning-about-deleted' part. Homes still vanished and so much was lost because of their error, and we're stuck picking up the pieces because nobody can be bothered to truly fix the issue.

No idea if they can/will help you but you could try submitting an issue with customer support here:
https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

And indeed that sucks to have your base and all items destroyed.  We had an admin (unofficial) accidently delete all structures on the map which includes everything not stored in a dino, which wasn't much in the dinos.  So I can feel your pain. :(

4 hours ago, NagohShan said:

It's not unreasonable for a person to expect to know what the rules will be so they can make an informed decision on how to spend their time.

Agreed. Strongly.

This was obviously a situation where devs were avoiding backlash by trying to sneak something in.

To be fair, I think they get more "backlash" now than they would have with warninf, and I also have to believe they know that.

Especially considering the "What would you have done if they had told you...Complain?" line, because obviously the artifacts were farmed to get a head start on Tek tier not just fight bosses, so that part of the comment is just useless fluff.

Obviously the people who farmed the 100's of artifacts wouldn't have had they known it would have been a waste of time. And unless you're being willfully obtuse you actually know this and are just being confrontational.

Cut the dude some slack lol. I swear there'd be less vitriol here if someone at wc made a YouTube documentary about life in that office. It truly must suck.

Communication is not Wildcard's forte, so don't get defensive when someone is angry because that lack of communication cost them a large amount of time and effort. Just get better at informing players.

Indeed . . . But I'd bet a dollar to a donut that admins/mods here are informed almost as poorly as we are.

My opinion: the vitriol should be aimed solely at the top, if anywhere, and not at the rank-and-file.

14 minutes ago, mleii said:

No idea if they can/will help you but you could try submitting an issue with customer support here:
https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

And indeed that sucks to have your base and all items destroyed.  We had an admin (unofficial) accidently delete all structures on the map which includes everything not stored in a dino, which wasn't much in the dinos.  So I can feel your pain. :(

I've had a ticket in since immediately after the debacle occurred. I also know this is one of the worst companies when it comes to support, and I'll have to wait weeks for a reply after which they'll just tell me "sorry 'bout yer luck, mate." 

1 hour ago, orionwinterfire said:

My opinion: the vitriol should be aimed solely at the top, if anywhere, and not at the rank-and-file.

I'm all for this until the rank-and-file try to defend the top with poorly constructed arguments basically trying to make the players feel shame for having perfectly normal and justifiable feelings about the top's refusal to communicate clearly with their community when any sane person understands that not doing so is the root of most of the discontent in the freaking first place.

I lost several boxes of artifacts I planned on using for decoration. I'm slightly unhappy about losing them, but I'm very unhappy about not having been warned so I could have avoided losing them. It's understandable to feel this way. So these community mods or what have you need to stop blaming us for being unreasonable or whatever, because that's a load of crock.

7 hours ago, orionwinterfire said:

Cut the dude some slack lol. I swear there'd be less vitriol here if someone at wc made a YouTube documentary about life in that office. It truly must suck.

Honestly I don't really consider that Vitriol. I think vitriol is a lot more bile and a lot less constructive. I was just annoyed at the attempt to be overly confrontational in order to shut down and skim past what I felt was reasonable, and worded what I said in a way that prevented the opportunity to do it again.

It was valid, it wasn't unnecessarily mean, and while it may have been a little harsh, it was correct. It may not have been enjoyable, but it didn't need to be. I'll be nice when it's time to be nice, but if the rank and file want to be confrontational when it's not needed, then I'll play along.

Archived