Question to devs

Volcano637

I know throughout all this time you have been reading atleast some if not all of these posts. You have heard all the complaints from both sides as well as I have. I have seen and felt most of everything that has been discussed by everyone and I am sure some of you have too. I have even voiced my opinion on many different matters. The one thing I haven't seen is any of your opinions on the most important topics such as official wipes, cross ark, tek tier and grieving.

are you guys not a lot to voice your opinions or are you just not wanting to?

communication is key in all relationships and rather we like it or not we are in a pretty committed relationship with ark in a literal sense. Even if people did like the answer you gave I am sure you would see people be a lot happier if you just communicated more. The whole wanting to keep things secret is just old now. Nobody is excited anymore. 

I just want to actually hear your guys' opinion on everything. Don't really care about the next update or anything like that. I want to know what's inside your head and your opinions. Not automated, rehearsed, or politically correct. Your actual thoughts on these matters

Good luck even the Community Manager only posts a few times a month and that is the community manager.   However yes over the course of many many moons we have asked for more clear communication as we the testers/players of EA want to help them help us help them sort of feel.  Sure its their vision, but what good is a vision is your biggest group that will help talk and sell the game is quiet because they don't like the direction of the game.  I've slowed down playing Ark as I'm waiting for what is near 1.0 release as well as underwater.  I want to build there so bad I can taste the salt in my mouth from the ocean. :P

"The probably biggest troll of the forums who spams the same topic over and over again after hitting negative responses about his personal opinion asks why the devs do not care about his unending rant"

Being dead honest. You should not be surprised why they do not care about topics like yours.

And because I'm nice, I won't say the same thing again regarding your Alpha hate and your personal opinion. We all saw and read this stuff already.

40 minutes ago, ehuhoser said:

Good luck even the Community Manager only posts a few times a month and that is the community manager.   However yes over the course of many many moons we have asked for more clear communication as we the testers/players of EA want to help them help us help them sort of feel.  Sure its their vision, but what good is a vision is your biggest group that will help talk and sell the game is quiet because they don't like the direction of the game.  I've slowed down playing Ark as I'm waiting for what is near 1.0 release as well as underwater.  I want to build there so bad I can taste the salt in my mouth from the ocean. :P

I get you on the good luck part. Just wanted to come to them correct and see if they do the same.

building underwater is about the only thing that will be remotely fun about this game anymore and I am sure that will get old fast as well

28 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

"The probably biggest troll of the forums who spams the same topic over and over again after hitting negative responses about his personal opinion asks why the devs do not care about his unending rant"

Being dead honest. You should not be surprised why they do not care about topics like yours.

And because I'm nice, I won't say the same thing again regarding your Alpha hate and your personal opinion. We all saw and read this stuff already.

Uh it's not just me they don't reply to. And yes I am surprised.

8 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Well, to be honest, you are probably brand name of ARK forum trolling :P

Disagreeing with your safezone opinion isn't trolling. Creating the same topics over and over again and ranting or hating on people who don't play like you want them to is trolling. Or trying to get people who pooptalked on someone permanently banned. Or asking if you can sue a company because a different company does not fit your expectations even though you are fully aware of these expectations. But explaining this to you doesn't do crap, because you obviously have your opinion (even if it's wrong because you don't know stuff) and everyone else is a troll and ignorant.

Have a nice day. Waiting for the next topic about Quetzals, sueing WC or Tek Tier by you.

• Volunteer Moderator

They've given their two bits on some of those issues you've brought up already. Why beat a dead horse?

The current stance to official server wipes is that barring a catastrophic exploit no such wiping will occur, and that on release the worst case scenario will be that low population servers will be repurposed. It's been said ages ago, please make use of the search function.

They most likely do not acknowledge the "waah tek tier is going to grief ppl" complaints because it's, rather bluntly, people talking about things they know nothing about. None of them are within the testing team, and all they are going on are hearsay and speculations, and assumptions. We all know what happens when people assume, though in this particular situation, the "of me" part to that adage does not apply, because those in the "of me" camp are just being wary and not going full blown chicken little.

Archived