ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

1. So I know that the triceratops will be getting a charge attack during the TLC pass, but what other plans do you have for the original animals of the Ark? Many of them have become either outdated, underwhelming, or inferior to newer animals. Mammoths for example have become obsolete since the beaver came out. Sabertooth cats have the worst running animation out of all the dinosaurs. (No offense). And Parasaurolophus has been worthless to tame from the start because of their lackluster ability to gather, fight, or carry materials.

2. Is there any plan to make a oceanic version of Scorched Earth? The map can be covered by mangrove swamps and oceans that let our water creatures really shine. The current map doesn't really allow that to happen and it will give the opportunity to make other animals of myth come to light. Hippocampus, Scylla, and Sea Serpents for example.

3. I asked this once before. Will there be an option to have flyers follow you on the ground. They are the worst animals to lead around the map.

4. I've seen images of a phoenix in the devkit. What's that all about?

5. Any chance we can get optional saddles for animals that do not require one? Wolves in particular are outclassed by similar animals because they can't take a beating as well.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Scriffignano said:

1. So I know that the triceratops will be getting a charge attack during the TLC pass, but what other plans do you have for the original animals of the Ark? Many of them have become either outdated, underwhelming, or inferior to newer animals. Mammoths for example have become obsolete since the beaver came out. Sabertooth cats have the worst running animation out of all the dinosaurs. (No offense). And Parasaurolophus has been worthless to tame from the start because of their lackluster ability to gather, fight, or carry materials.

2. Is there any plan to make a oceanic version of Scorched Earth? The map can be covered by mangrove swamps and oceans that let our water creatures really shine. The current map doesn't really allow that to happen and it will give the opportunity to make other animals of myth come to light. Hippocampus, Scylla, and Sea Serpents for example.

3. I asked this once before. Will there be an option to have flyers follow you on the ground. They are the worst animals to lead around the map.

#1 especially

When the industrial grill was released it had a placeholder skin that looked like a stone grill. Personally I loved this texture. I wanted to ask if there was a chance to get this added back into the game as lole a stone grill that was powered by wood/spark powder. That cooked like half as fast as the industrial grill, or even slower if you want. I just want like a stepping stone for cooking meats betweem the campfire and the industrial grill. 

On 12/30/2016 at 6:38 PM, ApexRaven said:

1) For wood gathering, there are the beavers and the mammoth but for stone and metal, we only have the doedicurus and ankylos respectively. Do you consider to add stone and metal gatherers with more weight ?; maybe a two in one dino(with weight stats similar to that of a mammoth) which will be able to gather both stone and metal efficiently.

2) Now that a sheep has been added, will we get the opportunity to see the auroch in ark?
I've seen very interesting ideas of someone about aurochs in ark in the steam discussions

Auroch in ark.png

Or Bison Latifrons! I wanna see an 8 foot bison in the tundra or Redwoods or wherever!

Heyos, a few questions-

Will the Tusoteuthis ever be able to sink rafts by pulling them down with its tentacles?

Can Alphas Predators have a toggle to turn their glow off? it would make for a more terrifying experience in hardcore ^_^

Will ark ever see the Hydra as a boss- with proper head-regrowth when decapitated!!!

More fantasy beasts, like the aforementioned Hydra?

A nastier whip- like with shark teeth lined through it? Looking at you, Aliens vs. Predator!

Glowsticks made from Anglerfish gel? It would be brilliant for underwater exploration- also colourble!

A rebreather mask as an upgrade to the scubatank;  Freeing up the torso slot, but the mask breaks faster than the tank to balance it

19 hours ago, Scriffignano said:

Did you know that irl, the trike could'nt do a charge attack? It's skull was too weak. But i'll take it anyway...

I really want that ocean map.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

To combat spawn blocking why not have ppl parachute in not from far up but 50 feet and they can glide for 50 feet. It would help with Dino's eating you when u spawn in as well.

I actually love this idea. It would unfortunately not do so hot with the whole you wake up on a beach thing they have going.

Archived