Official 2x 4ever pls (:

Avanor

I would really like to see the devs make 2x 4ever. Especially the normal taming time is way to long. Taming dinos for several hours is not hard. It is just boring and makes Ark less fun to play. The fact that you tame dinos for hours and can lose them in a few seconds is just wnorg and frustrating. I wouldn't mind if this would only be the case for high end dinos like the giga. But pls reduce the taming times for most of the dinos. I wonder if any of the devs ever tried taming a Gigantopithecus. Passive tames like this should be prohibited by the Grey Gentlemen. I really like Ark a lot but it should make a developer wake up if someone like me says that I encouraged literally eight people to buy their game and 75% of them quitted because of the long taming and gathering times. The gathering time is for me not a real issue cause if you get harvesting dinos easier u can also farm resources easier. Evolution Weekends are a nice addition but didn't solve the problem during the week ;)

By the way the kibble tree really needs a balance patch. It should be progressive (no Quetz eggs for a Dimetrodon or Bronto for Sabertooth). 

:Melee_Damage::Jerblove:

I think weekends are somewhat well balanced, especially for people who is busy working or studying during the week. They get to play on weekends and can accomplish a bit more that thay could on x1 rates. While other players who play during weekdays will still be ahead yet also will be able to plan special stuff for weekends as most of us do.

I'm in the 2x all the time, with conditions, boat.

Taming - I know faster taming is amazing, and on PvE who cares, but on PvP being able to raw prime a lvl 50 giga in an hour and a half is a bit OP.  Only needing 25 scorp kibble for a max tame rex is a bit OP.  Tame times should be re-looked at on a case by case basis.  I think they're already doing this with the newer dinos.  Look at the Kapro tame time.  You can feasibly raw meat tame a lvl 150 Kapro in a reasonable amount of time.  The time it takes to tame that Kapro, I think, mirrors its utility.

A beaver SHOULD take you like 2.5 hours and a billion narcotic even if it's only level 10 since having that beaver completely changes the game in terms of how fast and how much you can build.

2x EXP - I think this is almost the right amount.  2x makes sense for levels 70-100.  For levels 1-70 it's laughable... most of those levels only require like 300 EXP and killing a level 50 rex on 2x would get you almost 2 whole levels.  Leveling is already ridiculously fast at those levels and should be slowed down a lot.  The game actually has a lot of content designed around early, mid and late game.  The current EXP system and 2x EXP system causes those players who know what they're doing to blow straight through to late-game.  In 24 hours on a regular rate Center server I was able to hit level 68.  Slow down early levels (levels 20-60) a bit and speed up levels 70-100.

2x harvesting - YES to metal, obsidian, crystal, pearls, wood, stone, flint, fiber and thatch.  NO to raw meat, chitin and berries.  It's incredibly aggravating when my dinos get weighed down in seconds from all the meat/berries etc. 

In short, the whole system needs tweaking, with a heavy bias towards making most things 2x of what they are by default.

p.s.  30% bronto HP nerf?!  Aren't you embarrassed Wildcard?

On 12/6/2016 at 6:32 AM, slowpokefarm said:

I think weekends are somewhat well balanced, especially for people who is busy working or studying during the week. They get to play on weekends and can accomplish a bit more that thay could on x1 rates. While other players who play during weekdays will still be ahead yet also will be able to plan special stuff for weekends as most of us do.

The only reason I totally disagree with your reasoning is what about the people that can't play on the weekend? My job requires me to work evenings and the longest days are Friday Saturday and Sunday. Now I still get play time in where I can on those days but my weekend hours are drastically reduced in comparison to week day game time.

13 hours ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

The only reason I totally disagree with your reasoning is what about the people that can't play on the weekend? My job requires me to work evenings and the longest days are Friday Saturday and Sunday. Now I still get play time in where I can on those days but my weekend hours are drastically reduced in comparison to week day game time.

I can relate to that. Also, this week seems to be x2 all along, by the way. How do you feel about that?

Seeing how this entire week has been 2x, it doesnt bother me at all. Playercount has remained the same except on the weekends. I for one enjoy it, as a PVE player, when the server is packed. I prefer having interactions with other players than to play on a dead server, which to be honest, ours was close to being dead. I have also not noticed any difference in lag compared to before the 2x was introduced and no significant increase in bases. 

7 hours ago, slowpokefarm said:

I can relate to that. Also, this week seems to be x2 all along, by the way. How do you feel about that?

It's nice. 2x feels much better than 1x in all ways but xp. Late game 2x xp feels more right but in the early game you basically skip the first 25 levels. 

However naturaly this week I have been so busy that I have been going to sleep early missing out on the real advantage of the 2x ha

Archived