No Halloween event on Xbox

Jaywall

I'm a little shocked to be honest... I've literally defended wildcard for every delay they've ever had and fully supported the idea of a DLC even though the game isn't finished... But this is honestly one of the biggest shafts to console players yet... Me and my friends spent the last 2 weeks preparing for the Halloween event, loading up on ammo and tranq darts... If you guys couldn't deliver such an enticing event, you shouldn't have hyped us up for it, I love your game but this is seriously the most dissapointing thing I've ever experienced thus far in your game... Even if the content was extremely late i still think we should have it..

WildCard, please read and respond. 

As an Xbox player of your game, Ark--which I enjoy to a great extent--I must say I'm overwhelmingly disappointed in this news that we do not get the much-anticipated Halloween content this weekend. In the update, it was unclear whether or not we will get it at all (i.e., it's delayed versus it's canceled). We don't have the new Dino's the PC players are experiencing. The disappointment is mounting, and I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that I'm coincidentally expressing the sentiment of many of my fellow Xbox Ark players. 

Questions:

1. Will we get the Fear Evolved 2 event at a later date (i.e., not next year, but, like in a couple of days / weeks)?
  2. Will you consider giving us a little something on the Xbox this weekend, perhaps something exclusive, that the PC players don't get? Throw us a bone, lol
    1. Suggestions: 3xp, increase layer rates, increase quality of item spawn rates in drops, I don't know ... something.

Sure, some of us are being unreasonable on the forums right now, but that's to be expected. People become rash when they're disappointed, especially if they were really looking forward to something, perhaps even made plans around this much-hyped release (which is essentially a promise). But I think most of us are reasonable, and a well-articulated response to this post would go a long way in assuaging us, in my humblest of opinions.

Hope to hear from you soon, Wild Card.

-Xbox player

1 hour ago, Jaywall said:

I'm a little shocked to be honest... I've literally defended wildcard for every delay they've ever had and fully supported the idea of a DLC even though the game isn't finished... But this is honestly one of the biggest shafts to console players yet... Me and my friends spent the last 2 weeks preparing for the Halloween event, loading up on ammo and tranq darts... If you guys couldn't deliver such an enticing event, you shouldn't have hyped us up for it, I love your game but this is seriously the most dissapointing thing I've ever experienced thus far in your game... Even if the content was extremely late i still think we should have it..

I spent the last week preparing 3 mini guns full of bullets on a war quetz only to find out that the event isn't happening and also unclaimed 30 dinos in a spare tribe so I could tame titanboas. Thanks lamecard studios

10 minutes ago, TimeSpiral said:

As an Xbox player of your game, Ark--which I enjoy to a great extent--I must say I'm overwhelmingly disappointed in this news that we do not get the much-anticipated Halloween content this weekend. In the update, it was unclear whether or not we will get it at all (i.e., it's delayed versus it's canceled). We don't have the new Dino's the PC players are experiencing. The disappointment is mounting, and I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that I'm coincidentally expressing the sentiment of many of my fellow Xbox Ark players. 

Questions:

1. Will we get the Fear Evolved 2 event at a later date (i.e., not next year, but, like in a couple of days / weeks)?
  2. Will you consider giving us a little something on the Xbox this weekend, perhaps something exclusive, that the PC players don't get? Throw us a bone, lol
    1. Suggestions: 3xp, increase layer rates, increase quality of item spawn rates in drops, I don't know ... something.

Sure, some of us are being unreasonable on the forums right now, but that's to be expected. People become rash when they're disappointed, especially if they were really looking forward to something, perhaps even made plans around this much-hyped release (which is essentially a promise). But I think most of us are reasonable, and a well-articulated response to this post would go a long way in assuaging us, in my humblest of opinions.

-Xbox player

I'm mad that they wait until release day to say "oops!" That's B.S. and makes me not even want to play the game anymore.

1 hour ago, TimeSpiral said:

Questions:

-Xbox player

Well said.  Thank you for standing up for Ark XBOX players.

I wouldn't be so angry if we got confirmation that we would be getting it later. Like if we get it next week and get the same amount of time I'd be fine with that but as far as I can tell it's just canceled. The biggest thing though is it destroyed my trust. We've had delays and even game breaking glitches raise their head during updates, but this is beyond any of that. We aren't getting the event and we aren't even getting the full update. I really like this game and want to support it but how many times are we going to be promised something and the day before or of we just get "oh by the way not happening".

I think the biggest issue is that WC doesnt really seem to care. It seems to myself atleast that they are kinda doing what they want and then hide behind the "It is Early Access! Look at what we have given you already!" when people get upset.

They are way behind schedule and it looks like the game will not be fully released till next year.

What does that have to do with the Halloween issue?

Just that it keeps following the current trend. If the game messes up then they cant hotfix it bc it has to go through MS QA. Which means this was submitted to MS days ago. Which means that have been sitting on this for days. They have just gotten to the point where it seems they show a pretty idea that just doesnt happen. 

I can't wait for ark to die on Xbox and for people like my self to demand a refund so maybe then wildcard will realize it's not okay to lie to gamers and get our hopes up....... Pc gamers received 90% of the update...... Xbox One Gamers received 28% of the update.... Where are the files who are mad about this ..... Oh wait their comments get deleted by the stupid admin who blindly and mindlessly love ark ....... I think after 2 years of getting shafted and paying 60bucks for a game including the DLC should get far more than just an apology.....

7 hours ago, GigaRex said:

I wouldn't be so angry if we got confirmation that we would be getting it later. Like if we get it next week and get the same amount of time I'd be fine with that but as far as I can tell it's just canceled. The biggest thing though is it destroyed my trust. We've had delays and even game breaking glitches raise their head during updates, but this is beyond any of that. We aren't getting the event and we aren't even getting the full update. I really like this game and want to support it but how many times are we going to be promised something and the day before or of we just get "oh by the way not happening".

*cough cough*

Archived