Tranq'ing using the Thorny or Poison

madfretter

Sounds like a good idea to test out.

The Thorny Dragon would be the best as you control it's tail attack. Put it on Passive so it doesn't kill and eat what you knock out with it.

The Poison Wyvern will be much harder to control. While that ranged attack goes a long ways, it is extremely difficult to place that slow moving gas bomb on a target.

1 hour ago, rpicardi1 said:

Sounds like a good idea to test out.

The Thorny Dragon would be the best as you control it's tail attack. Put it on Passive so it doesn't kill and eat what you knock out with it.

The Poison Wyvern will be much harder to control. While that ranged attack goes a long ways, it is extremely difficult to place that slow moving gas bomb on a target.

21 minutes ago, CriD said:

I'm pretty sure the poison dragon doesn't do torpor. Or if it does it would kill before a knock out. and the Thorny dragon, its torpor attack doesn't do too much torpor, haven't tested it, but best way would still probably be arrows.

We bred a low level poison just for this, figuring the high level would kill first..... The melee is 114, we've been boosting the health and stamina for it, but have't tested it yet. We figure if the health is crazy high it can take a beating while we slowly control the poison dose. I will post the results....

1 minute ago, madfretter said:

We bred a low level poison just for this, figuring the high level would kill first..... The melee is 114, we've been boosting the health and stamina for it, but have't tested it yet. We figure if the health is crazy high it can take a beating while we slowly control the poison dose. I will post the results....

yeah, but I'm pretty sure the poison isn't torpor based. It just attacks the health. Lightning however, I've knocked out my buddy by barley touching him with the beam.

But poison, that just drains the health. I'm almost 100% positive, but good luck.

34 minutes ago, CriD said:

yeah, but I'm pretty sure the poison isn't torpor based. It just attacks the health. Lightning however, I've knocked out my buddy by barley touching him with the beam.

But poison, that just drains the health. I'm almost 100% positive, but good luck.

Really? That actuially works out,  I was asked to  trade the poison for alow level lightning by another tribe...

I was gathering wood on my mid-level thorny and found a mid level raptor that was stuck and decided to test this. I wailed on him forever with thorn attacks, having to stop several times to regain stamina, and he finally went down. My opinion is that, while it's possible to use them for taming, it's definitely not practical. 

Poison Dragon does not do torpor damage it is more like anti armor acid could so for taming it will not do anything with its special attack other than damage, on the thorny dragon, it does soooo little torpor that imho it should have either been added for strength or removed.  I know many others stated the same to confirm, but if you really want to tranq something down fast, I would say darts seem to be the best for the less damage they do.

If you are on the ground, a good mastercraft or journeyman club is nice :P but not great for things that fly and simply run.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

More like the Poison Wyverns attack is more like the poison grenade, which openly states that it WILL kill, no matter what...

Archived