Characters Lost to Obelesk Transfer

bedsidespider

16 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

Personally while this didn't affect me at all. I must say, whoever is in charge of data transfers, redundancy and protocol at Wildcard, needs to be f-ing fired. As an IT guy, I know you NEVER have just one copy of the data, that is just bone headed idiotic. Rule #1 of IT is redundancy is NOT redundant! You don't send someone's save file across the network on a single copy, only one way trip and pray it gets there without having at least a temp file to restore from, or a replication system you can rely on if things go belly up.

Seriously, I'm beginning to believe these professionals at WC in their IT department are the same meatheads I have to clean up after at work after shotty piss poor work, who got their degrees out of a crackerjack box.

Get your heads outta your butts WC, you're running a multi million dollar business now, time to start acting like it.

Like seriously. Don't they have like 3.5" floppy disks to save the data on as backup?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, iHEARTyou said:

Like seriously. Don't they have like 3.5" floppy disks to save the data on as backup?

The thing that flabbergasted me, is the dozens upon dozens of tweets I saw respond to Panda's tweet, and they still said "Oops, sorry, we didn't spend enough time, effort or money to back these kinds of things up, tough crud, try again later."

• 4 weeks later...

Another lost character story here, any of you veterans have any good news? Is the standard operating procedure that you create anew player and they level u up? Do u get your tribe ownership back? Dino imprinting?  If i create a new character will that delete the owner of the tribe therefore promoting the next in line to owner? Anyone with some concrete data out there?

Guest BubbaCrawfish

When you create a new character you are a complete new character so you aren't leader of your tribe, or member. Your imprint ID is gone, so your dinos will have the standard imprint bonus, not the one linked to you individually. The tribe will retain the same leader, but as there is no character to use it,. it's simply "there", but not.

Thanks for the reply! I am on console, Ps4, hopefully any platform complaints will yield a fix for this issue. I wonder if there is a way to get the tribe ownership back. Does anyone know what the process is currently to help with character recovery? Should I just go ahead and create a new character, or just wait for WildCard support team to get to me? Will wc just instruct me to create a new character anyway? It seems that such a huge crippling problem might at least have a public statement as to what to do to recover from this as quickly as possible. Its early access but we all paid to play. The game deleting your character in an MMO is insane, with no method of recovery? Thats customer service at its finest, I acknowledge that its early access but there is absolutely no evidence that this won't happen after official release. Wild Card needs to have at least a public post on the procedure to recover in game assets and characters, or why are we all here? There won't be a wipe when the official release comes out, great! But there will be a wipe if a few of your packets are errored during a routine game mechanic because there is no fail safe in place, jeopardizing the only user interface the customer has with the companies product, the survivor profile. Would you continue to use a companies software if there is a high likleyhood that your subscription wil be deleted with no process to recover it? WildCard: what do we do? @Jat @Jen 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
5 hours ago, wildbill said:

You can select to look at only servers where you have a character.

^^ And if the server doesn't show it means it's down.

If you look at the bottom left, switch the drop-down to "My Survivors"

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Saiyanjin said:

Is this possible in PS4 ark?

Being that these servers that the PS4/XBox use aren't "static" or hosted, I'd say not.

For interests sake though, could you throw up a screenshot of the server connection section, where it lists the servers available.

On PC, we can select a drop-down that has, official, non-official, my survivors, my friends (Servers they are currently on) and favorites.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-9-10 at 6:53 AM, bedsidespider said:

Any word on a fix for this? Has anyone successfully gotten their character back via the support system? My tribe has had 2 members now loose their characters. This is rather distressing. =/

I did not receive my character. They replaced my character level however this did not help with breed tames and my imprinted dino. Character loss is still a problem as i have just recently lost another one of my Ark characters.

• 1 month later...

I lost my level 100 character last night transferring between Scorched and The Island, It went through all the process then gave me an error message. 

The error message stated: "Downloading transferred character Failed.  - Failed while downloading transferred character.

Now it will only let me create a new character and the list for downloaded character's is empty.

Archived