Characters Lost to Obelesk Transfer

bedsidespider

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

I like two different characters. For one thing I can switch between playing two servers in less than a minute. Also no worries about losing the character. Also it is like a backup, should something happen to the character on one server, I have another. Also on SE I don't level the stats the same as on the Island, so no need to use mind wipe to change stats.

that has absolutely nothing to do with people losing their characters, but thanks for sharing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
35 minutes ago, NevilleBart0s said:

that has absolutely nothing to do with people losing their characters, but thanks for sharing.

It does though in some sense... By having 2 characters you wouldn't lose them in transition...

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It does though in some sense... By having 2 characters you wouldn't lose them in transition...

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make. Also threw in a few other good reasons to do it. Hey, I'll throw in one more, it is just more fun to level a new character up (in my opinion). :)

Several of my buddies have filed tickets and never saw an explanation or reason or response back from the dev tickets.  I have lost all faith in how this company handles customer service issues.  I would suggest we all write to IGN or other game review companies for wild cards lack of help. I lost my character today upon transferring to scorched.  I spawned in an saw all my bed spawns, spawned at one, went to spawn to a different one, only to see the "create new survivor" screen.  I ran outside to let a wild Dino kill me only to have "create new survivor" screen pop up.  I rebooted, went back to origin sever and back to scorched....nothing worked.  Lost to the ark void I guess.  Hope wildcard can actually own up to these issues instead of ignoring tickets like they did to all my buddies.....

I've transferred dozens upon dozens of times.  I know by now not to create new, and when you try to create new it saws overwrite character.  Like I said, I was able to successfully transfer, see my bases and upon death it forced me into the create new survivor screen.  I was baffled it would say that after successful transfer and ownership of the tribe I was already in.  

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, reaper13 said:

Yea i just lost lvl 96 to the unable to download character error code.

If you screenshotted it, it'd be good. If it's on an official server you can also make a ticket to get support on that.

Would be real good to have the screenshot though.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
42 minutes ago, RE4PER911 said:

they really need to sort this issue out i lost my lv 98 char the other week ticketed asap but all the suppot messages seem to just drag it along -_-  doubt ill get anything baack

Judging that others in this thread have commented that they got their characters back, your doubts are unfounded.

• 2 weeks later...

I just lost now my character during transfer from  center to SE  .. filled a ticket  waiting for answer  was lvl 99 almost 100 , it is a pain to  lvl up  from 85 to 100  .....  and  i was planing to go to  do the dragon on hard  and the main requirement for that is lvl 100 .. what now i have to lvl up a character and waste  at least 1 moth of playing maybe more to reach again with another character lvl 100 to  make the kill on boss ?

Mention (official server)

Just lost my level 99 a few minutes ago too. Then as I am restarting the client multiple times to see if it ever catches up a message is posted at the top of the server page that states in big bold red letters: AWS S3 is still experiencing issues, TRANSFERING BETWEEN SERVERS IS NOT SAFE!  They also misspelled transferring lol.... I guess I'm off to submit yet another ticket.

its a absolute shambles that this game has messed up so badly. Sending out a server message AFTER the fact is just so shockingly bad from the ark team, i actually cant believe it. Im the leader of multiple tribes on multiple servers, Im in the middle of 7 imprint which ive spent sleepless nights trying to get 100% imprints. This needs rectifying asap.

On 1/20/2017 at 7:56 AM, Irk said:

I had this issue and lost my level 85 character. I filed a report on 12/20/16 and just started a new character and continued to play while I waited. On 1/3/17 GM Moca got back to me and offered to replace my character. As I was already 77, I didn't want to bother the GM with having to come replace 8 levels so I declined the offer. On 1/07/17 I asked if it were too late to take the offer; I forgot how long it took to get to 85 and didn't want to spend weeks just grinding levels again. I got my characters level kicked back up on the 11th.

It takes time, but they'll help!

What GM Moca couldn't replace was the items/creatures that I also had uploaded.

Yes I can see this is a fairly old thread that was recently resurrected because of the most recent bug. But I wanted to speak on this post above.

I lost a character by mistakenly transferring a character to a server I already had a character on. The one I transferred made it and the old one on that server became "disconnected" from my account. The GM came to fix it but had to break away for about 30 min. He had told me to make a character and he would give it the exp like lrk had mentioned above. Long story short I gained levels waiting and ended up with a higher level. So had lrk accepted the exp he would have ended up with a higher level (88-92 likely). So I would recommend accepting the levels even if you think you are almost back to that level.

Personally while this didn't affect me at all. I must say, whoever is in charge of data transfers, redundancy and protocol at Wildcard, needs to be f-ing fired. As an IT guy, I know you NEVER have just one copy of the data, that is just bone headed idiotic. Rule #1 of IT is redundancy is NOT redundant! You don't send someone's save file across the network on a single copy, only one way trip and pray it gets there without having at least a temp file to restore from, or a replication system you can rely on if things go belly up.

Seriously, I'm beginning to believe these professionals at WC in their IT department are the same meatheads I have to clean up after at work after shotty piss poor work, who got their degrees out of a crackerjack box.

Get your heads outta your butts WC, you're running a multi million dollar business now, time to start acting like it.

Archived