Primitive Plus 1.1 Patch Notes

complexminded

57 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

The problem was to fix missing stuff he had to wait for the devkit to update. I am going on the assumption based on his wording that WC said the devkit would be updated sooner than it was, hence the delay.

You also have to remember that they now host official servers for this, so they likely aren't going to like, and approve, a vast amount of small updates that are going to require the servers to be updated every day.

I think office politics plays a large part in this, and the delays. Whilst a patch to fix some of the issues earlier on would have been nice, we'd still have been left with a vast amount of problems that still hindered the gameplay in some way. The patches also need to be tested thoroughly, preferably by people who actually know how to play the DLC.

Couple of things WC can learn from this:

A) Allow your DLC developers to have access to the current and up to date resources. This is no longer a workshop mod, they need access to everything to make it up to date and work properly with current release builds.

B) Don't use testers who have no idea about the product in question.

C) Communicate better. A fair bit of anger can be alleviated quite easily by communicating, giving reasons, and giving assurances.

- My thoughts anyway.

In regard to the "official servers" not wanting to be updated every day this is Ark we're talking about. Just look at 245.0 through 245.98. Clearly WC doesn't give a hoot about restarting servers multiple times daily or at the least every day. I know you're just repeating what's been said here on the forum basically, but it's BS to claim there is no update because WC doesn't want small patches. Hell a week ago @complexminded had more fixes for Prim+ than ANY of the standard ARK updates including major .0 releases (excluding new dino's in .0 releases). 

In regard to point C anger dissipates when you just give up on the product and move on, which at this point many have. The only choice is to just put it behind you and hope one day in the future you can return to it once the developers decide to support it. I can only hope that one day Prim+ gets the attention "The Center" map eventually did.

In the end it's become quite clear over the past week that there is something going on behind the scenes in regard to Prim+ that tells me WC doesn't want to support it just yet. I truly believe @complexminded having provided 3 dates for patch release and all having come and gone has tried but there is something or someone that just isn't ready to support a 2nd DLC. This is why I've been forced to scrap Prim+ until there is evidence that WC wants to support it and not just use it as a marketing tool to sell a few extra copies. 

Yes I and many are frustrated and that's a positive for Prim+ as there is clearly a desire to enjoy it, however I'm allergic to BS and my allergies have been going crazy over the past week.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello There!

FönkySaur from PrimitivePlus Official PVE Server 2!

Why have the Stairs been thrown off Primitive+? They were a great idea! They are really good looking and have a real importance for players! Please keep them INSIDE the game! Do not throw them off!!!

I would also like to state, and this is for the entire ARK game, that Foundations should not prevent resources from spawning in such enormous distances... Rocks should have a spawn possibility at maximum 4 meters from foundation and bushes and trees maybe at 2 / 3 meters! Not to say, PVE Players at Heave Island would really appreciate ALL Metal nodes spawning even if they were spawning INSIDE houses.... we wouldn't mind having a metal node inside our own home , if u know what i mean!!!

3 hours ago, DieBosluis said:

People have stop playing primtiive plus,when it got released as dlc had 20 people on my server now i am lucky if it hits 10 pls release something or people will stop playing the dlc altogether

I have to agree with this. I have had a good population during prime time, 20 to 25 players on my 30 player  cap server but now the numbers have dwindled to around 10 people during those hours.  Same comments every day,  "is it fixed yet?".  Followed by people saying no and the players logging out.  It's disheartening...

1 hour ago, KingRizen said:

What Happened to the patch? This patch will make it work, atm Primitive Plus doesnt work.

Patch this game or risk losing many players waiting on stupid poop like being able to actually use the stuff in game.

Dont wait longer.

I agree, I am getting very annoyed logging in each morning and seeing that the patch is not fixed.

5 hours ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

The problem was to fix missing stuff he had to wait for the devkit to update.

Umm, there is an impressively large list of bugs in Complexminded's original post that are indicated to have been fixed.

You also have to remember that they now host official servers for this, so they likely aren't going to like, and approve, a vast amount of small updates that are going to require the servers to be updated every day.

Yeah, no... as we have all seen countless times, Studio Wildcard have no problem with releasing incremental patches.  Furthermore, we're not seeking a vast amount of small patches - we're merely hoping for one patch right now that releases the fixes that have already been addressed (according to CM's OP) as they would significantly improve Primitive+ gameplay with or without missing items.

I think office politics plays a large part in this, and the delays.

Quite possibly.

The patches also need to be tested thoroughly, preferably by people who actually know how to play the DLC.

Being an early access title, we are the testers.  But we can't test what hasn't been released to us.

C) Communicate better. A fair bit of anger can be alleviated quite easily by communicating, giving reasons, and giving assurances.

Absolutely.  

39 minutes ago, Zed said:

Umm, there is an impressively large list of bugs in Complexminded's original post that are indicated to have been fixed.

Yeah, no... as we have all seen countless times, Studio Wildcard have no problem with releasing incremental patches.  Furthermore, we're not seeking a vast amount of small patches - we're merely hoping for one patch right now that releases the fixes that have already been addressed (according to CM's OP) as they would significantly improve Primitive+ gameplay with or without missing items.

Quite possibly.

Being an early access title, we are the testers.  But we can't test what hasn't been released to us.

Absolutely.  

I don't know how to quote small segments like you have so I'll reply from top to bottom :-)

Fully agree, the list is very large. The point I was trying to make is this: You have a patch you are ready to release. Your managers (WC) say 'hold off, we'll update the devkit tomorrow morning and you can add in the missing stuff like fishing'. You will thus hold off. This is no longer Complexminded's baby to do as he pleases, its WC's. If they say fix more crap or wait 2 more days for this, then he has to do that. Of course he isn't going to publicly say this, nor will WC.

WC do release small incremental patches, totally agree, but that is for their own base game. This is a 3rd party mod which they have now taken control over in an official capacity but leave the development to complexminded, without providing the tools necessary to keep it fully up to date with the latest builds. I have already agreed a patch earlier in the week to address some of the issues would have been handy, I'm not disputing that. However, if every patch he does required a server update, that's a lot of potentially p*****d off players who suffer downtime and the inevitable rollbacks and loss of dinos that tend to happen whenever they update their own servers. Considering the list there, he could easily put a patch out daily, possibly two. You also then have to take into account that WC have to update all their servers as well each time, not something they like doing, even with their own patches unless its really required.

This DLC at this stage doesn't really fall under the EA category. Its a workshop mod that WC has made official. It's still developed by complexminded, and yet they haven't given him the access/tools necessary to keep it fully up to date with the latest content. He shouldn't be having to use the devkit every other modder uses. If they want this official, then he needs to use their in-house tools to develop it. Complexminded already stated that the internal testers who approved it for official release had no real idea about the mod or what it was meant to do.

He has a test release of the mod on the steam workshop, you have to friend him on steam to view it. You are welcome to do so and test the update to see if all is fixed. 

Hopefully this makes sense. I don't disagree with the majority of what you wrote. As things stand though, a lot of stuff is purely speculation. I don't think we will ever know the full truth behind anything.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

However, if every patch he does required a server update, that's a lot of potentially p*****d off players who suffer downtime and the inevitable rollbacks and loss of dinos that tend to happen whenever they update their own servers. Considering the list there, he could easily put a patch out daily, possibly two. 

More p****d off than having their server's player-base die a grizzly death due to game-breaking bugs? Improbable.  

Rollbacks and loss of dinos are not inevitable - they are a consequence of poor server management.  If a server admin doesn't know how to "saveworld" prior to stopping the server, they shouldn't be running said server in the first place.  This may sound a bit harsh to a lot of people but, in my opinion, it's the simple truth.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

This DLC at this stage doesn't really fall under the EA category.

It's a DLC for an Early Access title = it's effectively still an Early Access release and we, as players/admins, need to be aware of this.  However, there is no reasonable excuse for the utter lack of communication and/or crucial updates.

I, personally, possess no interest in entering a forum-war.  Your comments regarding the probable office politics are, whilst acknowledged speculation, quite feasible.  So, whether the issue lies with Complexminded, Studio Wildcard, or somewhere in between, the point stands that many problems need to be addressed ASAP in reference to timely updates and communication, or lack thereof. 

Anyways... in summary, I'm not trying to be argumentative - thus far, I'm quite fond of Primitive+ and what it has to offer but, like many others, I am simply pleading for Studio Wildcard and those now associated with it to pick up their game and promptly deliver on their promises/obligations.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Duffried said:

Is this v245.93? Because we are up to date and the Longbow still doesn't work, nor do the Obsidian arrows or Fire arrows. Still currently testing out other stuff.

The update isn't out yet. What do you mean v245.93? v245.93 has nothing to do with Prim+.

26 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

The update isn't out yet. What do you mean v245.93? v245.93 has nothing to do with Prim+.

I wasn't sure about that myself, I know that my current client is v245.93 and it shows that on our server too, but before it was an earlier version. Assuming P+ update/patch has a different version number then? Could you tell me what version we are on and when the update is going to come?

38 minutes ago, Duffried said:

Is this v245.93? Because we are up to date and the Longbow still doesn't work, nor do the Obsidian arrows or Fire arrows. Still currently testing out other stuff.

When you look at the servers, and see those numbers, those represent the version of ark itself.   As @GamerPerfection stated, it has nothing to do with primitive plus.   I have only just recently taken part in looking at primitive plus, and I'm waiting for it to be a bit more stable before I change my server over to it, but I haven't noticed where you can see the version of primitive plus it's running.   Basically keep your client up to date, and hope the server admin keeps up to date on what's going on, so you can rest easy knowing its up to date.

Just now, Grimm said:

When you look at the servers, and see those numbers, those represent the version of ark itself.   As @GamerPerfection stated, it has nothing to do with primitive plus.   I have only just recently taken part in looking at primitive plus, and I'm waiting for it to be a bit more stable before I change my server over to it, but I haven't noticed where you can see the version of primitive plus it's running.   Basically keep your client up to date, and hope the server admin keeps up to date on what's going on, so you can rest easy knowing its up to date.

Yes i gather that now thanks for telling me a second time, care to actually answer my question or nah?

Archived