Whats Prim+ like??

Narcoberries for the win

It doesn't change the fact that during the first 3 months of play, the majority of dino spawns were place holders. So the beaches were full of Trikes, Para's, Pteranodons, Dilos, Dodos, Sabers and Scorps. It's cool if you don't remember or weren't playing back then. I'm just saying for reference purposes but you're right they don't appear near those areas anymore, thankfully.

Finally, found tribolites to kill for crude oil. Have tranc and feather arrows. Got a bunch of wood crafted and have got the refining forge and smithy. Metal pick now gathers lots more iron ore. Need to kill some stuff for hide so I can craft the hatchet and pike. Found where the pitchfork was hiding with the others Primative + engram items.

Biggest single player issue, not enough engram points for the far larger number of items available to learn.

7 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Finally, found tribolites to kill for crude oil. Have tranc and feather arrows. Got a bunch of wood crafted and have got the refining forge and smithy. Metal pick now gathers lots more iron ore. Need to kill some stuff for hide so I can craft the hatchet and pike. Found where the pitchfork was hiding with the others Primative + engram items.

Biggest single player issue, not enough engram points for the far larger number of items available to learn.

It's that way to encourage co-operative gameplay through tribe members having different jobs and specialties. There are lots of things I don't actually need but have the engram anyway. I mean fruit drinks seem like a nice idea but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my time crushing grapes.

8 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Primitive+ is designed to be multiplayer but IMO that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it single player, you will just need to carefully pick your path or PLAN to use a mindwipe potion (or multiple) later on down the road.  Since you are in single player at least you dont have to worry about guarding your dino's while offline or anything.   Also a lot of items / engrams are sort of redundant in the way that you dont NEED to learn all the various types of them, especially at first. There are a lot of things that you will get blueprints for as well that you can avoid spending points on.  Especially in the case of most of the workstation stuff.  If you hit drops enough you will find BP's for smithy, fruit press, cauldron, etc,etc,etc.    

Now that fishing is in, you also have a bigger chance for saddle blueprints as they seem configured to drop the saddles not normally found in the normal loot crates.  

Nothing in the game except a giga and a titanasaur can break stone.  So if you want a full proof house just build out of stone and save your engram points by not picking up the prim+ specific stuff.  Or, spend more points towards building and what now now, and build things up how you want and what not, and later on when you get more blueprints and ahave a nice dino army to do your workload, mindwipe and pick up all the extra stuff you wanted to play with but wasnt a high priority.

Or start playing multiplayer.  Our server is PvE, you are welcome to join us.

At this point in the game, I am concentrating on building and gathering. The one drop I went after had a Trike Saddle blueprint. I will check out more as I have my raft equipped for travel. Tonight's goal will be smelting down metal for tools and hunting to gather hide. When I reach Level 35, I'll go for a Pteradon and Trike and get a pen built for their protection. I may have to craft a second raft as a ferry since I didn't build any platform on the first one. There is still room to fit a trike or Pteradon on board.

Have reached level 37. Have a large pen built of wood. Need to secure the cliff above with spike walls before getting tames. Tranced one pteradon with the crossbow but it flew off then dropped into the sea and drowned.

I have noticed that fettered arrows are bugged. They don't hit anything with either the Primitive bow or Crossbow. I had made some because they are suppose to hit harder.

On 8/21/2016 at 8:15 PM, rpicardi1 said:

Have reached level 37. Have a large pen built of wood. Need to secure the cliff above with spike walls before getting tames. Tranced one pteradon with the crossbow but it flew off then dropped into the sea and drowned.

I have noticed that fettered arrows are bugged. They don't hit anything with either the Primitive bow or Crossbow. I had made some because they are suppose to hit harder.

Bolo the ptera first, then shoot it with Crossbow. I've had great success with that method. Not a single one has flown off before I knock it out yet :)

Most pteradons will go down in a single crossbow shot to the head. Once they hit a certain level though it usually takes 2 and even 3 sometimes.  Not sure where the cutoff point is but all my higher level ones like 120+ required 2 or 3 shots.  The bolo is pretty much amazeballs for taming pteradons and other small dinos.  ESPECIALLY with the flee mechanic.  Its worth crafting a few to make sure that 120 or 150 max level pteradon you finally found doesnt get away due to you twitching a little bit on your mouse when you pulled the trigger on your crossbow.

All the special primitive+ arrows are still bugged I believe.  Make sure you reference the bug thread in the p+ bugs forum section to save yourself some headaches.  

I will use the Bola when I go after a raptor given that the one I went after before ran out into the sea and was eaten by sharks.

I have been checking out the bug report and avoiding spending the engram points on items that don't work. Preserving shed has been built once I figured out how to make brick and get around the limestone bug for making clay.

Time for a rafting trip to Skull Island for obsidian and one to the Tundra for an Ankylo.

7 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

I will use the Bola when I go after a raptor given that the one I went after before ran out into the sea and was eaten by sharks.

I have been checking out the bug report and avoiding spending the engram points on items that don't work. Preserving shed has been built once I figured out how to make brick and get around the limestone bug for making clay.

Time for a rafting trip to Skull Island for obsidian and one to the Tundra for an Ankylo.

Ah, I haven't tried using the bolo on a Raptor. I'd be a bit nervous hitting it with the wrong number of head shots and having it get loose before it is knocked out :) Sounds like a good idea though, might be one of my next tames. You also need to hit it from a distance or when it is moving, which seems a bit harder to pull off than a ptera just sitting there.

People are making a big deal out of the limestone bug, but it really only occurs if the server is rebooted, which shouldn't be happening too much or at all now until the Sept. 1 update. You will see if there is a problem right away. You either see that the limestone you have won't craft the clay (then just throw it out), or new limestone you add won't stack with the old stuff. Then you need to craft a bucket of clay and see which stack doesn't get used.

Making brick is easy, just put the bucket of clay in the forge, add wood, and light it and wait.

BTW, I've seen Ankylos near the blue obelisk on the Center, so that might be an easier location to get one.

If you mean the Obelisk on South Tropical, I haven't seen any there so far.

The Limestone Bug is a daily occurrence on single player. And, I did figure out that by placing the bucket of clay into the Refining forge, I would get stacks of brick.

One can make the most efficient use of wood in the Refining Forge by placing metal, clay, oil and hide all at the same time.

I have already pitched the bad limestone.

A raptor will be easy to bola so long as you release it before it is on top of you. They usually come straight for you when you are spotted. They now run off once their torpor has dropped below a certain level.

4 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

If you mean the Obelisk on South Tropical, I haven't seen any there so far.

The Limestone Bug is a daily occurrence on single player. And, I did figure out that by placing the bucket of clay into the Refining forge, I would get stacks of brick.

One can make the most efficient use of wood in the Refining Forge by placing metal, clay, oil and hide all at the same time.

I have already pitched the bad limestone.

A raptor will be easy to bola so long as you release it before it is on top of you. They usually come straight for you when you are spotted. They now run off once their torpor has dropped below a certain level.

Ya, the Obelisk on South Tropical. I saw some there on an official server. They were just to the west of the obelisk.

Ya, raptors do head straight at you, so I guess it is just a matter of maintaining your cool :)

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

Ya, the Obelisk on South Tropical. I saw some there on an official server. They were just to the west of the obelisk.

Ya, raptors do head straight at you, so I guess it is just a matter of maintaining your cool :)

Going to head over there right now. Single Player. That is a lot closer then rafting one all the way back from the Tundra.

No Anklyo on South Tropical. Instead, there was a green Spino tearing up the shoreline, another on one of the little islands nearby fishing, and a Gigant on the short of South Jungle.

After making an Obsidian run at Skull Island, strange, no creatures at all there, I came back to base and went after a drop. Knocked out two Dilos, then went to the drop. The game crashed as I took the stuff. Re entered at the point I had dropped the first Dilo. Ended dropping two others nearby. I now have three Murder Puppies for a hunting party.

That's enough tames for a while. Did craft up the Anklyo Saddle so I have it on the raft when I find one. May look over at the Redwoods. I have seen the rollers there in the non modded game.

Crafted the Obsidian Pick which now gathers claystone and limestone. Made up all the limestone into clay before exiting the game.

Your not missing anything. It seems that the 4/5 Prim+ servers I joined all had alpha issues. One was cool. First one i tried I got wiped once I tamed a rex. Apparently, because theres no c4,rockets, grenades, etc- raiding is limited to your rexes and gigas soaking dmg and eating through doors =) 

Same situations.. some different stuff. More tedious.

7 hours ago, Critter said:

Your not missing anything. It seems that the 4/5 Prim+ servers I joined all had alpha issues. One was cool. First one i tried I got wiped once I tamed a rex. Apparently, because theres no c4,rockets, grenades, etc- raiding is limited to your rexes and gigas soaking dmg and eating through doors =) 

Same situations.. some different stuff. More tedious.

Ahh, the tedium is half the fun. Especially when your one watching them do it a thousand time...

...So I hear at least. I actually wouldn't mind knowing what its like to be full scale raided. I've only ever been attacked by high levels that patrol naked on the beaches, looking for thatch buildings to break into.

Archived