ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

7 hours ago, WolfSteel said:

Could we possibly get behavioral settings set to turrets? Such as Attack MY target, Neutral, and Aggressive, much like how the dinos operate? It might not see much use in official servers, but some of the private servers do have their own 'server' rules and I think adding in this feature could help out a lot.

I would also find this very useful on official servers especially since xplants now burn fert when firing.  I don't need my xplants firing off at every dodo or dimorph that come by, I only need it to defend. If something attacks and the turret/plant is in range then it fire off.

Very good suggestion WolfSteel

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice that a solution has been found to prevent exploit of the ORP with the alliance feature, but on our private server we would have like to have the option to keep the alliance systeme since we can manage to rule ourselve with the people that could use this exploit. That has removed a very good feature for us.

Could we have an option to keep it anyway on a private server?

I've noticed in the dev kit that some dinos have unimplemented animations (quetzal has an upright posture animation akin to the dossier with a normal saddle/ current posture animation with a platform saddle, raptor/rex/trike death animations, Titanoboa spit animation, etc). Are there any plans to eventually add these later on in the game's development?

Could we have it so that when you knock out a Pelagornis in the middle of the ocean it remains floating on the surface and rather than plummeting like a rock to the bottom of the sea? It's really inconvenient having to try and coax them towards land when you're a mile off-coast just so they won't drown upon getting knocked out

Primal Survival Questions:

1. Will there be a commo-rose for each creature species, and will the AI react to those vocalization? For example, if a Rex player were to roar at a smaller species of carnivore who was wandering around a nesting spot, would the AI run away or continue to disregard the Rex until the player chose to attack as they do now? Would there be mating calls, "pack order" calls, etc?

2. Since humans are required to drink water, will there be a "drinking" action similar to a "feeding" action for creatures? Or will drinking not be a thing in Primal Survival?

3. Will there be breeding for the currently non-breedable species when this game mode launches, or will that be added later on? On top of that, will there be a change to the breeding mechanics for Player-AI breeding? Currently, AI creatures (tamed) have to be set to Wander while being boxed in with each other, and then both parents can just disregard the egg/baby entirely after mating while the human player takes care of it.

4. Will all currently added creatures be playable, or will they come out in tweeks and updates to the game mode?

5. Will the host distance radius be removed in the future, in regards to non-dedicated multiplayer sessions? Or extended significantly?

Will scuba gear get a later tier upgrade? I ask because future tech is planned, and while armour and weapons is a given it's gotten me curious on scuba gear. I'd like to see a full body/head covering version. Could have stronger armour or something.

Speaking of which, will there be an upgrade of the ghillie suit? I can imagine a full body/head covering version that looks ninja like.

What can I say, I like full body/head gear.

Are you intending to fix the pretty terrible creature AI? I mean some of the newer ones are fine; but the older ones are HORRIBLE..... T_T.. Makes me wanna cry!

Will we ever get XP for fishing?? KInda lame that we don't

Better rafts? Please?

Bait specially for large fishies?

Can we get some kind of loud ding or something of the like when we get a fish on our hook? Be good for people like me who tend to space out..

Are older creatures ever going to get a graphical overhaul? The Allo looks so nice and well done compared to the original creatures.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived