Treasure Maps Are A Scam?

Crows

As a big tribe, many of us have learned the pattern of the treasure maps from Bob's Tales DLC.

Those who don't have the DLC, get more maps and higher quality maps.

Those with the DLC barely get any, and when they do they're primitive or Ramshackle if lucky.

It seems like a typical marketing tactic to entice people to buy the DLC in order to use up those treasure maps that they keep getting. Well played!

• Facepalm 3

On 4/30/2024 at 3:39 PM, UDGxKnight said:

It's called random drops for a reason? I have gotten plenty of non-primitive/ramshackle ones. Sure though let's just live in conspiracy world and be mad about every tiny addition to the game. 

I highly doubt you're on official servers. Also, prove it.

On 4/30/2024 at 5:57 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Ì have the DLC and I got an ascendant map yesterday on SE. Dug it up and it had a flippin asc longneck. I couldn't believe it.

Grats! I imagine not on official servers, because nobody with the DLC in our 60+ man tribe gets good maps.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Crows said:

I highly doubt you're on official servers. Also, prove it.

Grats! I imagine not on official servers, because nobody with the DLC in our 60+ man tribe gets good maps.

I only play official. It was on 8105.

A tribe mate of mine got a MC map.

The ascendant map is the only one I've bothered to dig up. I've tossed plenty of low quality maps. Just got lucky I guess.

Edited by St1ckyBandit

On 4/30/2024 at 3:32 PM, Crows said:

As a big tribe, many of us have learned the pattern of the treasure maps from Bob's Tales DLC.

Those with the DLC barely get any, and when they do they're primitive or Ramshackle if lucky.

It seems like a typical marketing tactic to entice people to buy the DLC in order to use up those treasure maps that they keep getting. Well played!

I don't have the DLC, in the private server I'm participating in we organized two "treasure hunt" sessions, the first lasted 2.5 hours and I didn't even find a Map despite killing every creature that came before me, but the problem was precisely this... in fact before starting the second session I performed some tests and I learned to find them by killing Argy Rex Yuti Tyla Death-Worm; in just two hours of the second session I collected 4 maps (of which 2 Ascendants from Yuti and Argy and 2 primitives from Argy and Rex). For the record: there were at least seven of us participating and I am one of the two who found them less, the first two who have collected the most both have the DLC active.

On 4/30/2024 at 7:32 AM, Crows said:

Its random loot works just like i figured it would, I get ascendant maps sometimes but mostly if you want to get maps kill aggressive creatures. 

• Thanks 1