Community Crunch 405: An Update on Premium Mods, Eggcellent Rates, and More!

21 hours ago, PrimalNacho said:

Do I think that Rag will come out in time? No

Do I want extra content for Rag ei: a custom boss, new creature, new locations? Yes

Do I know if Wildcard has a massive ace up their sleeves for Rag? No

This is what I do know:

Rag is getting the gigantoraptor, which is not new content by the time it drops

Rag is not part of the tall tales dlc thus no new items of the sort(which were locked behind a cash wall..)

Presumably coming in Q4 2024 but with Wc who knows.

My og post stated that Rag needed more based on the info that has been given, not less and I pointed out the importance of a new creature to said Ark. 

People who bought the base game where stuck with a remodeled island for 5 months and many started to drop out, due to lack of content, and, since Rag has no payed expansion then I don’t believe Wc will put much effort to it…and tbh I hope I’m wrong on this last point.

Agree, but every map needs new content. It cant just be the remastered map itself. 

I personally think youre underestimating Rag. People love it. It's routinely right near the top in favorite map votes and discussions I've seen over the years.

WC must be aware of its popularity and it would be a mistake not to capitalize on the hype it'll get.

However, Rag is massive. It was unfinished when it first released. The map is varied and its going to take a long time to upgrade.

To me its sort of pointless to even speculate about a map thats probably not coming until 2025. With WC, I try to just focus on whats immediately in front of me. Lets hope and pray the Center comes without too much of an additional delay

• Like 2

This new dear jane mod update is broken. It requires me to download the uodate every time I try to join the server. Then tells me I don't have the required mods. When it finally does update or let me into a server the screen is black. I get nothing.  Apon trying to transfer my character to SE it tells me I have 3 items that are not allowed even though I have absolutely nothing on my character. Please will WC fix the issues this us getting g quite ridiculous. 

On 4/16/2024 at 5:58 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

WC must be aware of its popularity and it would be a mistake not to capitalize on the hype it'll get.

Sadly I feel as though any capitalization that is made will also be locked behind a paywall. As you’ve said Rag is one of the most popular maps from the base game so it’s all but guaranteed that someone has eyes on it. 

On 4/14/2024 at 2:41 PM, Brettskii said:

well im not talking about a mini game reward system. im talking about spending $$ so i don't need to waste an hour finding bpearls or grinding the same mission. I know genesis has the hlna store but im talking about a real store where i can buy currency to spend in game or just buy the items flat out. Diablo you can buy currency to spend in game. Why let all the other game companies rake in the money?

Nah screw that. Micro transactions don’t belong in survival games

why would you buy a game and then pay extra to not have to actually play it

if you don’t like grinding mats then I’m sorry to say, but maybe Ark, and survival games in general just aren’t for you

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 6:20 PM, PrimalNacho said:

I get what ur saying, but there won’t be anything new to rag other than it looking prettier. Why is this a problem? Since it takes quite a while to revamp maps, were going to get a map that although most people love, there won’t be anything new to it. With no new content players will quickly find themselves bored by the map and will have to await x amount of months till new content releases. 

Idrc on which ark the Gigantoraptor ends up in as long as rag has new content. 

I’m kinda the opposite lol, but maybe that’s cuz I don’t really care about rag.

idc if it gets another vote, and you have a point, it probably does deserve one considering we’ll have had the raptor for probably close to a year before rag releases 

either way though I would prefer if the raptor still gets moved over as it was intended to be unique to rag and I don’t see a reason to undo that

• Like 1

JUST A BASIC IDEA 

Colossuscorpius Transporter Mod

**Description:**

Introducing the Colossuscorpius Transporter, a new mod creature designed to enhance transportation capabilities in Ark: Survival Evolved. This colossal scorpion, known as the Colossuscorpius, is a breedable creature that brings a unique set of abilities to the game, including the Pincers Grapple Ability

**Appearance:**

The Colossuscorpius is a larger, more imposing subspecies of the Pulmonoscorpius, with a pair of massive grasping pincers and a formidable tail. Its size and strength make it ideal for transporting knocked-down dinos across the Ark.

**Abilities:**

- Left-click attacks with pincers, dealing significant damage to enemies.
- Right-click attacks with the tail, inflicting high amounts of torpor-inducing damage but consuming stamina.
- Pressing the third attack button (C or equivalent) allows the Colossuscorpius to grab and carry creatures using its Pincers Grapple Ability.

**Saddles:**

Three saddles are available for the Colossuscorpius:

- Basic Saddle: Provides basic riding functionality.
- Platform Saddle: Allows the attachment of structures, supporting 1x2 foundations for building purposes.
- Transport Cart Saddle: This specialized saddle features a sturdy cart attachment with a protective cage, specifically designed for transporting knocked-down dinos. Before loading a knocked-down dino into the cage, players must detach the Cage from Saddle, allowing them to interact with the cage attachment directly.

**Conclusion:**

The Colossuscorpius Transporter mod introduces an exciting new creature to Ark: Survival Evolved, enhancing gameplay with its unique abilities and functionalities. With the addition of the specialized Transport Cart Saddle featuring the detach the Cage from Saddle mechanic and the Pincers Grapple Ability, players can safely transport knocked-down dinos across the Ark, further enriching the gameplay experience and providing new opportunities for exploration and taming.

This combination offers players a comprehensive transportation solution while adding depth and versatility to the Colossuscorpius mod.

Edited by gamingAtti
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2024 at 8:44 PM, TheTrueSpider said:

Nah screw that. Micro transactions don’t belong in survival games

why would you buy a game and then pay extra to not have to actually play it

if you don’t like grinding mats then I’m sorry to say, but maybe Ark, and survival games in general just aren’t for you

lol well thats perfectly ok to feel like that is your opinion but im not poor and i have money to spend. Its a pretty popular trend nowadays. Maybe you should stick to older games lol if you don't want to embrace the future :) Paid transactions have to be made mainstream for games to survive the high demand for content and updates.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Brettskii said:

lol well thats perfectly ok to feel like that is your opinion but im not poor and i have money to spend. Its a pretty popular trend nowadays. Maybe you should stick to older games lol if you don't want to embrace the future :) Paid transactions have to be made mainstream for games to survive the high demand for content and updates.

I can tell by this comment alone that you buy NFTs.

Micro transactions shouldn't exist, at all, especially if it means you don't have to play it. And it's not a popular trend to have micro transactions; it's a stain on the gaming industry because of people like you enabling greedy developers to ask for even more money "bEcAuSe OtHeR gAmEs HaVe MiCrO tRaNsAcTiOnS".

Shame on you for being a pay whale, and go play Genshin Impact or My Hero: Ultra Rumble if you wanna spend all your money to instantly win a game instead of actually playing it.

Here's a perfect quote about your little "opinion":

"...What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."