ARKathon: Modding Contest

StudioWildcard

ASA_Social_ArkathonAnnouncement_small.png

Ever dreamt of your creations taking the ARK world by storm, seen by thousands across major platforms? Well, get ready to turn those dreams into reality because Overwolf's ARKathon is here, and it's time to unleash the modding magic!

ARK modding has never been easier. Explore tutorials, harness the power of the cloud cooker, and watch your creations come to life like never before with the UE5 ARK Development Kit.  The ARK DevKit is a custom version of the Unreal Engine 5 Editor that provides dedicated infrastructure to help you take your imagination into the game of ARK: Survival Ascended.  In collaboration with CurseForge, mods for ARK: Survival Ascended are now cross-platform! With the new Cloud Cooking tools authors will be able to share their creations on PC, Xbox, and Playstation.  Follow this link to download the Dev Kit and get started!

devkit.png

unreal.webp

For the ARK community, modding contests aren't just events; they are an integral part of our game. Like the flour to our bread, these contests have shaped the landscape of ARK, producing iconic creations and legendary winners. From Valguero to Primitive Plus, modders and their mods have always been an important part of ARK's History. 

FIRST OFFICIAL MODS FOR ARK.png

large.579bf7f94129b_Pastedimageat2016_07_2801_59PM(1).png.dff65194bc52486c33d0efb31e2e4741.png

Arkathon_ModdingContest.png

Unleash your inner dinosaur designer and craft something epic for the Curseforge ARKathon! Whether you dream of building breathtaking new maps or injecting the game with innovative creatures, mechanics, and items, this is your chance to leave your mark on the ARK world. Feeling ambitious? Take it up a notch and compete in the Studios Track. Think "DLC-level awesome" with unique concepts that'll leave everyone impressed! Pitch your dream project, showcase your team's dino-mite skills, and you could snag a $100,000 development grant to make it a reality.

Ready to roar your talent into the spotlight? Here's the lowdown:

Modders_Track.png

• Maps
  • Everything Else (creatures, gameplay mechanics, items, environmental elements, and more)

Prizes:

• Maps: $10,000 for each winning map (3 winners total)
  • Everything Else Mods: $4,000 for each winning mod (5 winners total)

Studios_Track.png

• DLC-level Premium Mods with unique concepts.

Prizes:

• Each winning studio receives a $100,000 development grant.
  • The grant is milestone-based, and winning requires signing an investment agreement with Overwolf.

dates.png

• Start Date: December 5, 2024
  • Submission Deadline: February 5, 2024
  • Community Voting Period: February 12 to February 24, 2024
  • ARKathon winners announced: February 28, 2024

So what are you waiting for? Saddle up your creativity, grab your ARK Devkit, and get ready to roar your creation into existence! The CurseForge ARKathon is your chance to leave your mark on this prehistoric paradise.

Good luck, survivors!

For more info, visit this page!

View full article

Are you actually being serious right now? You've got many official mods from A.S.E. to choose from if you want to showcase examples for mods; admitably all are maps except for Primitive + but still. Or, for this particular event, since the event is geared towards A.S.A., you've got tons of new official mods to showcase as examples from A.S.A. And yet you choose to highlight Primitive + in your announcement to build excitement? The official mod mode that you abandoned to the point where it barely works anymore on A.S.E.? When I read that part of the post I literally burst out laughing. I mean; seriously? Now I love Primitive +; It's a great mode for Ark; that's not the issue here. The issue, is that I can't and haven't been able to use Primitive + on A.S.E. for years now. The mode that I instantly loved, but almost right away was unable to use and haven't been able to use since. Just; guys; why would you use Primitive + as an example of praise for your game? 🤣

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

Are you actually being serious right now? You've got many official mods from A.S.E. to choose from if you want to showcase examples for mods; admitably all are maps except for Primitive + but still. Or, for this particular event, since the event is geared towards A.S.A., you've got tons of new official mods to showcase as examples from A.S.A. And yet you choose to highlight Primitive + in your announcement to build excitement? The official mod mode that you abandoned to the point where it barely works anymore on A.S.E.? When I read that part of the post I literally burst out laughing. I mean; seriously? Now I love Primitive +; It's a great mode for Ark; that's not the issue here. The issue, is that I can't and haven't been able to use Primitive + on A.S.E. for years now. The mode that I instantly loved, but almost right away was unable to use and haven't been able to use since. Just; guys; why would you use Primitive + as an example of praise for your game? 🤣

I agree 100%..i loved prim+ and you WC abandoned it and the people who was playing it..shame on you WC.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 6:47 AM, texasturok said:

I have plenty of ark ideas but no medium to develop or display them.. If anyone wants to collaborate I'm absolutely game for it

The only thing that prevents you from being able to do something is the idea that you are unable to do it. The idle man will sit on his own accord and assure himself that he wants to move but is forced to stay. Your will is as strong as you are. 

On 12/21/2023 at 2:05 AM, FlorianWind9 said:

Simple, really. Just like with cryopods, it's the act of taking away something long enough to "build hype". So when it's finally released again, they can re-market it as "amazing brand new feature(s)!" and people won't bat an eye.

• Thanks 1