ARK: Primal Survival Discussion

FlyinJapman4

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Does that mean you can be tamed? O.o

Doubtful. I don't know what it means tribe-wise, can you be added to a human tribe and fight alongside humans, but taming I doubt it because how would someone be able to control someone elses character.

On 6/25/2016 at 7:42 PM, Grognak said:

That would be a BAD ASS surprise for someone LOL

you hatch and start talking to them... hahahaha...

wait... then they put a saddle on you and enslave you to do their bidding.... wait.... this might not be a good idea... I've seen how some people talk to their dinos....

I wonder if they will add the newest creatures later on like kaprosuchus, chalichotherium, troodon etc.

1 minute ago, WatcherCCG said:

I fully expect almost every creature on the dossier roster to eventually become playable in this mode, given time.

In the twitch stream last weekend for the charity event it was said that every dino that has a dossier will show up in the game.  At least that's what they said, I'm sure other things have been said that might not possibly happen though, but they were pretty confident in saying this.

Just now, mleii said:

In the twitch stream last weekend for the charity event it was said that every dino that has a dossier will show up in the game.  At least that's what they said, I'm sure other things have been said that might not possibly happen though, but they were pretty confident in saying this.

Ack, misread this thread sorry, realize now it was for Primal.  My bad. :(

• 2 weeks later...

ok GP just saying here Wild Card NEEDS to release info like this as a News Update on this website seriously your the 5th moderator I've seen say "in the charity Live Stream... ya know the rest" I don't mean to sound condescending or critical or even mean spirited I'm just disappointed cause I SO want to play as my fav Dino's and see how well I can survive against Human Players.

Now as for what I would like to see in Primal Survival:

- Wild Dino Nests, Breeding, & Sleeping at appropriate times. Basically Bats and other night time creatures sleep during day and get a gamma increase at night, also Titanomyra never sleep annoying but true fact about ants they never truly sleep.

-Improved Wild AI. Can we get dinos that do more than check for player, check for pray, attack if true, wander if false I'd love to see more life in the game.

-Revise Some old Creatures. This is simple enough mostly water animals here that need some work Sarco, Kapro, Ichthy, Mosasaurus, Plesiosaur, Scorpion, Arthroplura, & Arano all need Lungs give them O2 Stat the fact these have gills is just wired give'em huge O2 bar's but these things need to surface to breath. when aquatic breeding is implemented Sarco, Kapro, Possably Plesiosaur need to lay eggs on land Ichthy & Mosa SHOULD give Live birth like mammals. Scorpion & Arthroplura should NOT be able to tread water their shells are too heavy to float and restrict movment for swimming properly. Scorlion should have a Grabing attack like Kapro but without the Lung. Lastly Rex & Spino needs a new attack I propose moving the Roar to right stick Click (Xbox) and its LT(Xbox) Right Click (PC) that used to be Roar Becomes Grab & Shake, on Small Creatures this will savage their HP away and cause bleeding (anything with Medium poo) while Trike & Pachyrhino need to be grabbed from behind or the side as head on wouldn't work, For Larger Dinos like Bronto's (anything with Large poo) this attack becomes a Hold that prevents attack if done in the right spot (on other Rexes the Neck) causes Bleeding and on similar sized targets ie Rex's & Spino's can throw the target causing a short stun effect as the creature tries to right itself. while anything with small or human poo simply gets held paralyzed and bleeds then dies from the shaking, Just Watch Jurassic Park 1,2, the first 20mins of 3 to see what I'd like to see in ARK here.

-A Progression system depending on the map starting as the weakest creature for the Island & Center maps the Dodo for Scorched Earth the Jerboa and upon successfully completing 3 objectives attract a mate & build a Nest, Reproduce, raise your young to adults, gain Progression to the second weakest creature the Dilo & Vulture respectively of the maps. Personally I think it'd be fun to play as a dodo.

-Player Taming. Humans playing can knockout & tame Dino Players to add them to the tribe however when saddled & ridden Dino Players remain in control When they are logged in.

-lastly Dino Customization. I'm not talking like player body model changes like we have I'd just like to be able to customize my color regions to what I like and not be a random albino.

if you make it this far good on yah guys and see yah round.

you say that but as a player of the ORIGINAL Ultima online I was a slave in that game owned by a guild I did not join and forced to go out and work the fields, mine materials, cut wood, and shovel crap in the stables, And I was HAPPY to do it you know why?

Cause Slaves gained more EXP and attributes Per task done than Free people by upto 5 times normal gain at max (Depended on how lone you were enslaved for) now if a Player Dino were to be tamed and the Dev's went this rout then THAT would be so awesome. but I could see dev's giving us the option to create a new dino if tamed successfully which would also be fine but having an old mechanic I played with back when I was a kid.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:02 PM, FlyinJapman4 said:

Unless there was a 10x XP gain from it or some other significant benefit, then I would never agree that forcing another player into submission of another player's tribe is an acceptable mechanic.

I agree with you japman, the idea of "taming" other players is the most pathetic thing i've ever heard and quite laughably would serve little to no purpose other than breaking the game mechanics or creating less incentive to even play and would lose players. Once "tamed" 99% of player dino's would create a new dino or drop the game. Like it or not, it's an overwhelming majority fact that people want to play their character the way they want to, and would overwhelmingly spread extreme backlash against any mechanic that allowed other players to tell them how to play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 9:01 AM, survivor2929 said:

I agree with you japman, the idea of "taming" other players is the most pathetic thing i've ever heard and quite laughably would serve little to no purpose other than breaking the game mechanics or creating less incentive to even play and would lose players. Once "tamed" 99% of player dino's would create a new dino or drop the game. Like it or not, it's an overwhelming majority fact that people want to play their character the way they want to, and would overwhelmingly spread extreme backlash against any mechanic that allowed other players to tell them how to play.

Yeah just saw that, it sucks but at least its still making progress.

Though i guess everyone knew it would be delayed.

Archived