The wild AI seems smarter than the tamed AI lol

Cowgirl

I watched a heckin wild titan walk specifically between a behe gate and a rock wall to fall on my dinos, I watched a wild therizino walk around to walk up the land bridge from around the red obby to the red obby platform area and I watched a boss (modded on a stream) walk along a cliff to the bridge to chase the guy that was streaming. However, as soon as it comes time to lead a tame anywhere theyre walking through the trees instead of the clear beach (getting hung up on trees) and literally running back and forth between two trees instead of walking between them to get to me 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

To me honestly, they all seem retograded... But not just Raptor or Terrorbird or Carno etc. even the Pegomastax turn towards you after a few steps and stop for a few seconds to take blows and... even the Piranhas!!!

There's one other thing that worries me besides the new route finding, I've noticed that an unridden (tamed) Raptor attacks about three times slower than the one I ride... I haven't tried with other Dinos yet but if beyond that to have defects in the path (objective search) also have lower attack speed, I see the road to Alpha Dragon as really difficult for someone like me who plays solo or in pairs (it is already very complicated to breed/mutate/imprint, if then Arena have these deficits...).

I hope I misjudged my first impressions

1 hour ago, CervantesMor said:

To me honestly, they all seem retograded... But not just Raptor or Terrorbird or Carno etc. even the Pegomastax turn towards you after a few steps and stop for a few seconds to take blows and... even the Piranhas!!!

There's one other thing that worries me besides the new route finding, I've noticed that an unridden (tamed) Raptor attacks about three times slower than the one I ride... I haven't tried with other Dinos yet but if beyond that to have defects in the path (objective search) also have lower attack speed, I see the road to Alpha Dragon as really difficult for someone like me who plays solo or in pairs (it is already very complicated to breed/mutate/imprint, if then Arena have these deficits...).

I hope I misjudged my first impressions

Yes, I dont know if its all official servers (I suspect it is) but the one I am on there is a delay so bad that you can click 30 times and only attack like 8 times, plus like you said the unridden one (in this case a rex) attacked a lot slower.

It is very obvious that tames on follow do not use the new obstacle/trap avoidance AI at all.  I guess so they could use doors - but you need a behemoth gate for that to work even for tames that can go  thru a regular gate saddled - usually they get stuck in the door/wall.  It would seem to be an easy fix - "if tame use door if wild avoid door if wild/tame avoid natural obstacles"

Get some water tames following your raft, go around the bend to avoid the coral/land they will get stuck with their nose up and die out of water.  They constantly vector straight onto you they do not actually follow your path nor use wild AI to go around. 

Edited by yarnevk

My worst experience was with babies, they seem to path like they're fully grown and try to walk over things they can't.

Otherwise I have a pretty convoluted base layout and my small tames have been able to follow me well.

Only ran 1 convoy a short distance so far and it didn't run into any issues either, but again it wasn't far.

5 hours ago, Posiedon said:

I am pretty impressed with the tamed pathing.   

Left a door open and had a wild carno start attacking outside dinos.  My otters in the house started going nuts.  They pathed up the stairs and around several things and down a hall to the open side door to join the fight.  

That is not follow AI , wander/aggro seems to be using wild AI just fine.  Though aggro has a bug that dinos will leave them stuck out of their natural breathing environment (air or water) so I have lost lots of beavers/dolphins as they stop when target dead then eventually I get a tribe log saying dino was killed by nothing.  Best to leave them penned up on wander.

Edited by yarnevk

On 11/28/2023 at 11:08 AM, Vad said:

Lag causes alot is issues with attack and harvesting.  On unofficial its a whole new world truly. 

Oh yes, I have been playing single player and the difference is amazing. I hope they get the lag/delay sorted out, it took my tribe on official (almpst) 2 hours to tame a tame that should have taken 46 mins!