Joining Failed / Lost Connection

vexindono

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I get the same thing, but this was a problem before ASA.....it has to do with ark being anti cell phone network freindly. No hot spots allowed. =/

wehi hi :), did you finally manage to buy a new XBox? if I remember correctly you played ASE from XboxOne and from mobile hotspot precisely... well obviously wired networks are more stable but I can say that ASA has no problems with the WiFi connection: it is obvious that it depends on your data transmission speed but this also applies for wired lines, last night I tried to play (on Xbox S) via WiFi connection from Samsung S23 for 4 hours and I never received a single "connection error or Timout" message and no game crash.

---- For everyone ----

I'll hazard a HYPOTHESIS: I am convinced that many of these situations can derive from two important factors: graphics settings that are not adequate for your system and the speed of your connection (even downloading in the background, or more people connected on the same line than perhaps one person watching YouTube, and other factors burden data exchange).

I'm not ruling out that it might also be due to defects in the game itself (e.g. the server seems free but perhaps it can't count correctly but instead it's full and therefore won't let you log in, it's just an imagined example) but I'm of the opinion It is my opinion that before pointing fingers with one's own "claims", perhaps it is more useful to better analyze one's own situation and understand if the fault could be on our side, so asking for advice is legitimate.

11 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

wehi hi :), did you finally manage to buy a new XBox? if I remember correctly you played ASE from XboxOne and from mobile hotspot precisely... well obviously wired networks are more stable but I can say that ASA has no problems with the WiFi connection: it is obvious that it depends on your data transmission speed but this also applies for wired lines, last night I tried to play (on Xbox S) via WiFi connection from Samsung S23 for 4 hours and I never received a single "connection error or Timout" message and no game crash

Yep, new series x, same old problem. Although Im on the ATT hotspot they call "Blackhawk"? Its a bit of an older hot spot device tho, but the price is right. $25 a month, unlimited data. 100 mbs per secound It seems I can get into unofficial servers, but official is an absolute no go......well at least I think I can. Right now I cannot get past crashing. The most I have been able to do right now is see my arm before the game crash's. :(

11 hours ago, wizard03 said:

unlimited data. 100 mbs per secound It seems I can get into unofficial servers, but official is an absolute no go...

100 Mb per second is actually quite a lot, but it is possible that there could be a limited configuration of Nat Ports (?), out of curiosity try to do a "Nat Test" in your XBox menu and then tell us if it is: open or moderate or limited

[it's just to try to understand what can influence and where to look for the causes]

The servers (XBOX) just constantly give "Lost/timeout connection to host" when I click join. Has this been talked about? My tribemates can join but I only get this message and haven't been able to join for 2 days after I was initially able to. If there is no word on this and isn't being addressed then I want to apply for a refund.

4 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

100 Mb per second is actually quite a lot, but it is possible that there could be a limited configuration of Nat Ports (?), out of curiosity try to do a "Nat Test" in your XBox menu and then tell us if it is: open or moderate or limited

[it's just to try to understand what can influence and where to look for the causes]

Iv already done all that I possible could do a couple years ago. Open port selection, demilitarized settings, tried to adjust my NAT......you name it, I worked it, absolutely nothing changed......well cept I had to restart with default settings due to some terrible latency.
  Long story short, its the fact that Im on a cell phone network as there was dozens if not hundreds of complaints filed about it being an issue on steam. Anyone using a hotspot device, even though they could play other online games, could not play ark specifically. Something about cell phone companies using a different kind of DNS or something? The only true work around was paying for a VPN and thats a hard no thanks from me just to get a game working.

• Thanks 1

I’m on Xbox. 
keep getting a “joining failed, connection timeout” error when I try to join any server. 
I’m confident it’s not me. I have high speeds, and have hard reset all my hardware.

I can’t seem to find any fixes other than “wait it out” which is pretty much a slap in the face. 
anyone else bumping into this issue? Found any work arounds?

every time a try to log in any server show me a message Lost conection/conection failed lost conection with the host. i open like 5 tickets already, my only answer was (your account is not banned) i dont understand how a game like this had such low customer service attention, i know im not ban but i buy the game again play with other account and work perfectly i cant log in with my current account for some reason and i dont have a answer from the developers is frustrating... 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Joining Failed / Lost Connection