Request for Hardcore Server on ASA - Hardcore Community would greatly appreciate

LukeVista

Suggestion

Hello,

Congratulations on launch! We are excited to replay ark again with its updated visuals! I know launch is always a supper busy time for you guys, it seems everyone is hard at work stabilizing the game. Question,  Is there any news about hosting an official hardcore server? Many of us in the hardcore community are unsure if ASA will be including one. If so is there an ETA for it?

Thanks again for all the hard work

-Hardcore community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

110 replies to this server topic

Firstly, I lovee and enjoy ARK. Thank you Wildcard. 

Secondly, with all due respect. The Highly anticipated ASA hardcore official servers for XBOX, PLAYSTATION, STEAM and WINDOWS will be received with great joy.

Ok to whom ever reads this, dedicated gamer age 35, gamertag XBOX 007@@@@@AGENTDANIEL

THE XBOX COMMUNITY IS REALLY HOPING TO PLAY ON OFFICIAL HARDCORE SERVERS.

THANK YOU WILD CARD-

●●●●●OO7

Contributing to the HC server request.

Now... a discussion about a separate HC ruleset...

1. Its too easy (and shamefully cowardly) of me on an argy and be able to just sneak up to a player and pick him up and its game over. (Yes its game over)

I don't want to be that coward, and I don't want to play with other cowards.

2. A no tribes server (I am open to being convinced that tribed HC does not get exploited (grinders etc), but it will be difficult)

3. A time limited per day server (say 3-4 hours per 24, therefore the competition is about merit, instead of which spoilt kid gets the most free stuff from his rich parents.)

1 hour ago, Nameisalwaystaken said:

Contributing to the HC server request.

Now... a discussion about a separate HC ruleset...

1. Its too easy (and shamefully cowardly) of me on an argy and be able to just sneak up to a player and pick him up and its game over. (Yes its game over)

I don't want to be that coward, and I don't want to play with other cowards.

2. A no tribes server (I am open to being convinced that tribed HC does not get exploited (grinders etc), but it will be difficult)

3. A time limited per day server (say 3-4 hours per 24, therefore the competition is about merit, instead of which spoilt kid gets the most free stuff from his rich parents.)

You should leave a vote if you want to contribute :)
Its an arrow right next to the title

I hope they will add some hardcore servers once the game is more stable on all platforms and they got better anticheat software up. It's nothing worse than dying due to a game crash or disconnection. Even though cheating and INI etcetera is a big problem even for Hardcore servers the skill and patience required by the survivor to play (even if you cheat) is so much larger than most cheaters are able to master!! Therefore, it may hurt a lot when you die permanently due to some lowlife loser without talent, but if you've played intelligently he'll probably will not be able to do much more to your tribes progress overall. 

I feel that Hardcore is the game mode they probably had in mind when first making Ark while all other modes are just attempts to cater it to the demands of the public for an easier and more ordinary gaming experience.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 12:10 AM, aikkam said:

if there is a lack of demand it is not the fault of these methods, but of how they have been treated in the past. this is my personal experience with ark, for the first year and a half I played single player then I wanted to try pvp, I spent 3 months in pvp but constantly losing my base while I wasn't online made me stop playing it and I i moved on, so i played pve for a short while because it felt the same as single player, then i accidentally discovered an orp server in the pvp server list and had a blast and stayed there until it closed. the point is that I discovered that ORP existed after 5 months of playing purely online, but I discovered the official HARDCORD thanks to this forum, the problem is obvious, I can't want to play a game or a mode if I don't  know that it exists, if I had known that the official ORP existed I would have played it as soon as I bought the game, not after going through single player, normal pvp and pve . And if it's true that it's just my experience, it's also true that my tribemates did the same, through this forum I've seen more people discover the existence of ORP only after the closure of ARK and I imagine it goes for HARDCORE too (I'm a prove my self of that). If they were to add these modes in the future, I would suggest separating ORP AND HARDCORD pvp from regular pvp so that when a person uses the filter to search for the type of server they want they are asked if they want to search for PVE , PVP , PVP ORP or HARDCORD PVP in order to give these modes their own space and not disperse their few servers among the hundreds of normal pvp servers , effectively making them invisible. 

My friends and I played on PS4 and we didn't know about the existence of this forum before the closure of the old Ark, I'm the only one in my group who continued playing the others left the game leaving me alone before I discovered the ORP, who knows how many times it happened that a player abandoned the game before finding his place in HARDCORE or ORP? I think the biggest problem with hardcore and the orp is that they have been little known by the community

I hope I wrote correctly and that you understand what I mean and sorry if I wrote a very long message 

I think we are talking to an answering machine that got only one answer programmed LOL

Theres more than a good demand. Especially for the amount of servers we are asking for. 1 cluster of each map for HC and 1 cluster of each map for ORP.

And im totally agree that these servers should be more visible.
People were not educated on the full spectrum of presented server mods. Many were hopping on hardcore and kept asking what does hardcore means, and the ones in game were explaining everything. A lot of people were finding HC by mistake and ended up staying there for months and even years. But what if those modes would have been more noticeable, more spoken about, so players don't have to find it out themselves in a list of thousand servers? 

As of Hardcore servers - a lot of people want it hard, want to play a SURVIVAL game, when regular pvp (not even talking about pve) has nothing to do with survival anymore besides the word in game's name.
Look around - a lot of people out there want hard games. Not everyone is a flower who is afraid of a light breath of wind. A lot of games out there are listening and actually hear players. Even Rust (which is doing a lot better than Ark) gave hardcore mode to players 2 years ago because people wanted it. 

Giving those people, who are willing to play hard game, a place in your game worth a lot. Especially when it doesn't cost you anything special. 1 check box is server settings. 13 servers per cluster in total. Make them visible, and watch the result.

I could go deep into marketing now and bring to light a lot to prove that demand is high, but i won't as im afraid no1 of people in power pays attention to this post and it will be a hard work made for nothing. But if some1 is watching:

Just make a single poll in Ark discord with a question if people want to play Hardcore mode with full explanation what that mode is about. Without negative answer option, because the point is to see how many people would actually be interested, and you will get surprised.

And making a statement that theres not enough demand without analyzing the situation even a bit is unprofessional. But it would be right to bring 2 of the most upvoted topics in the section to the attention of supervisors. 

Edited by s0na

59 minutes ago, Spyjack said:

Ark Hardcore is more of a real survival fight. Only with official hardcore servers you can fairly really keep on surviving. Bring it back to ASA like we had in ASE, please!

Please, dont forget to upvote the topic!
Otherwise your voice won't count really
(arrow up in front of the topic's title)

Hardcore was the only servers I actually felt at home at. Regular official is too easy and too boring. There’s too much drama and it makes me want to quit the game. Hardcore never had those problems. If they don’t make hardcore servers I’m probably going to quit playing asa. It’s a shame. They forced us to all start from the beginning again and they can’t make a small change for their audience.

I am truly surprised (sorry I mean disappointed) that the existence of another popular game WoWith hardcore mode... was able to generate HUGE popularity from doing nothing but tweaking an existing game, promoting it - and boom... $$$$

...but here we are with ARK devs heads doing their best impersonation of sand worms.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 2:50 PM, seabass417 said:

I think it would be amazing to have a cross-platform Hardcore Ark cluster. I played PS4/PS5 HC for years and we had a very tight knit community. I know from friends who switched to PC that the PC HC community was also very long-lasting and committed. I'm currently playing (or rather attempting to play with all of the server updates) ASA on PC with some other long-time Playstation HC players who also have PCs and it would be really appreciated if there were at least one Hardcore server for us to play our preferred game mode on.

Thanks WC for producing a game we all love and please see about adding a Hardcore server (hopefully full cross-platform)!!

I would love to see Xbox/ps5 hardcore servers.

but if they add pc in there I am not playing, I absolutely hate pc, it’s so unfair. Specially in hardcore servers, not to mention a majority of the hacks and abuses come from PC players.

Please WC hardcore servers for consoles only 

• Like 1