ORP Servers

Rashawn

Suggestion

240 replies to this server topic

38 minutes ago, ShadowPriestok said:

I don't understand why you can't give at least a coherent answer about ORP PVP servers? The developers closed such servers in ARK:SE, offered to buy a remaster, which will have all the same, but only better, but did not return those servers, on which many people played. We do not demand immediate reopening of these servers, we just want some information about it. Because at the moment, I and many other players who played on ORP PVP servers can not find a place in the game and are in a waiting mode.

Yes, you are perfectly right. I also don't know what to do with ark without the pvp orp servers and this wait for information is really exhausting 

May i ask the distinction from ORP and regular asa/ase servers? whats the flipping difference there is exploits in every facet of the game, i do like the being able to disable anything on the map and just walk through online 24/7 bases, Christ that's a good one, oh i think you highlighted it quite well, garbage filled cesspool that is ark, everything you highlighted is not all specific to ORP "angry man children" wise up, spose thats a rare occurrence in online gaming eh   the worst of the worst knows no game mode, nor method, normal pvp what exactly is that in ark whats the standard
good riddance to ark is a better phrase 

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 10:17 AM, aikkam said:

anyone who plays ark both in pvp and in pvp orp is really unlikely to be an occasional player, the majority who have played orp have done so for years (myself included) even every day or almost the only difference is that we are not online 24/7 and we are not in very large tribes. normal pvp is only for those who are in a huge tribe with always online players. if I'm not mistaken 

I've played over 6 years and I'm glad its gone. Too much exploiting, no ability to really wipe people who hide behind ORP abuse, and GMs hardly hardware ban people. People just come back on a brand new alt accounts and continue the same exploits over and over no matter how many times they're banned.  Can't even fob a base because people literally use proxy tribes to place ORP spam for miles around their bases. Best part: ORP spam is considered legitimate game play. The inverse is also true. Imagine having a FOB outside your base for 6 months and a ORP spam land claim duel that eventually claims all build able space on the server. Servers wind up being laggy spam filled cancer that can't even be wiped unless you wait for a random alt to login to refresh at some odd hour and then wipe as much spam as you can for 15 minutes.

Camping offline bases is also rampant (and should be considered ORP abuse too because it defeats the whole purpose of the game mode) Even if you check your base with alts before logging in and clear base campers you still have to wait days for a GM to come delete ORPed megachellons and other enemy tame garbage left on your turret towers, blocking gen access, turrets etc.  People cheat and cheese nonstop. One ahole can land claim spam an entire map with alts and its completely legitimate gameplay even though in reality this should not be possible. All this culminates into a really toxic environment that gets even further from the original base dinosaur game. ORP is great on paper but garbage in reality.  Have you even fought skiffs with ORPed foundations on them?  LOL

Edited by Dodowhisperer

2 hours ago, Dodowhisperer said:

Ci ho giocato per più di 6 anni e sono felice che se ne sia andato. Troppo sfruttamento, nessuna capacità di eliminare veramente le persone che si nascondono dietro l’abuso di ORP , e i GM difficilmente vietano l’hardware delle persone. Le persone tornano su un account alternativo nuovo di zecca e continuano gli stessi exploit ancora e ancora, non importa quante volte vengono bannate. Non riescono nemmeno a conquistare una base perché le persone usano letteralmente tribù proxy per piazzare spam ORP per chilometri intorno alle loro basi. La parte migliore: lo spam ORP è considerato un gioco legittimo. È vero anche il contrario. Immagina di avere un FOB fuori dalla tua base per 6 mesi e un duello di rivendicazioni di terreni spam ORP che alla fine rivendica tutto lo spazio edificabile sul server. I server finiscono per essere un cancro pieno di spam lento che non può nemmeno essere cancellato a meno che non si aspetti un alt casuale per accedere per aggiornarsi in un'ora strana e quindi cancellare quanto più spam possibile per 15 minuti.

Anche il campeggio nelle basi offline è dilagante (e dovrebbe essere considerato un abuso dell'ORP perché vanifica l'intero scopo della modalità di gioco) Anche se controlli la tua base con alt prima di accedere e cancellare i campeggiatori della base, devi comunque aspettare giorni prima che un GM lo faccia vieni a eliminare i megachellon ORPed e altri rifiuti addomesticati dai nemici rimasti sulle torri delle torrette, bloccando l'accesso al generatore, torrette ecc. Le persone imbrogliano e formaggio senza sosta. Uno ahole può rivendicare lo spam di un'intera mappa con alt e il suo gameplay completamente legittimo anche se in realtà ciò non dovrebbe essere possibile. Tutto ciò culmina in un ambiente davvero tossico che si allontana ancora di più dall'originale gioco base sui dinosauri. L'ORP è ottimo sulla carta ma è spazzatura nella realtà. Hai mai combattuto contro degli skiff con fondazioni ORPed? LOL

Better than losing everything while you're not online 

38 minutes ago, philippeplantre1 said:

Se rimuovi il codice PIN, nessun orp nella grotta e un timer orp di 5-7 giorni sulla struttura, ad esempio, risolverà molti problemi e se non ti piace orp non giocare su quei server, ma molte persone vogliono comunque vederli server e giocarci

I don't know if changing the ORP timer is right or not, but certainly just by eliminating the pin and eliminating the ORP in the caves the game would be much better with minimal changes, just removing the pin on doors and similar, that  removes a lot of cheating 

Edited by aikkam

Please bring official ORP back.  For people like me, the official non server orp is just not realistic between my work schedule and kids.  I have been playing for years and i love orp and i bought ascended thinking it was coming back.  I am currently playing a unofficial orp server, which is fine for now, but it is not the same.  In all honesty if the official orp servers are not brought back, i will end up deleting the game.

• Thanks 1

Hello Community,

I hope you're all doing well! I am currently playing on an ARK: Survival Evolved server in the Asa cluster and have a question regarding the Offline Raid Protection feature.

Are there Offline Raid Protection settings on the ARK: Survival Evolved Asa servers? I've spent some time in the game, but I haven't been able to find clear information on this. Offline Raid Protection is crucial for me as it helps maintain a fair and balanced player experience.

If anyone has information or can share details about the Offline Raid Protection on the Asa servers, I would greatly appreciate it. Perhaps someone has already had experiences with Offline Raid Protection on these servers and can provide insights or advice?

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and appreciate any assistance!

How long more must this request for ORP be ignored? a gamemode long since established in ase, of which more and more will ask for, no other thread on game suggestions has as many upvotes or replies in saying that any thread highlighting the console commands disaster exploit should be up there too.
@wildcard why not give a definite answer as to why not? before you say orp seems popular enough on game suggestions
or is there more obvious reasons that would highlight the shortcomings of the present state?

Edited by FalconHoof87
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dodowhisperer said:

You're going to lose it all eventually anyways. ORP is a lie of a game mode

it's pvp the possibility of losing everything remains, but if someone attacks me I can try to defend myself or escape trying to save the most important things, in the same way when I attack I won't find an empty base with no one to defend it, just so I can play real games pvp (player vs player). We know all the problems of the orp (very easy to solve) but we are willing to face them to have a chance to play this game that's what we are saying, we played in orp and had fun and would like to have fun once again in ASA like all other pvp and pve players, is this so wrong? 

20 minutes ago, Dodowhisperer said:

Wildcard probably doesn't want to support a half baked broken pvp game mode when the original pvp game was designed for 24/7 pvp. Taking away pin codes etc won't stop people from hiding behind ORP abuse. It's unintended gameplay for one person behind alts to control a whole server with orp spam or for a weak tribe to simply kick one offline alt to take all their exterior base structures offline to prevent annihilation from a superior force.  There's so many broken ORP related exploits that GMs can't even keep up with the blatant ORP related abuse tickets on top of the other stuff they have to deal with on regular servers. All ORP means is added moderation cost for s small player base. The cost of re developing ORP code when its not even a main feature of the online pvp game is probably also too high considering other priorities.   ORP moderation would be a great AI use case scenario though if Wildcard was interested in an auto ban hammer approach based on heuristics. Then again there's still a cost to that too.

if they don't have time or money to reopen the orp servers on ASA they could not close the ASE ones