Community Crunch 376: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

18 minutes ago, Alferdo said:

I don't dislike shastasaurus but I think Mesoparapylocheles was much better

I hope that in the next votes he will win.

I agree, but I just think that the Shast won't be the most useful thing in the center, not because it doesn't fit with the map, but because apart from artifacts, there isn't much to do in the ocean, so unless Wildcard re-works the center's oceans to be more interesting like the one on genesis, something like the crab or the nothosaurus which could go on land would be much better. I mean, what's the point in having a giant submarine when there isn't anywhere for you to bring you tames?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bulborb87 said:

well we will have to wait and see if it will be Valguero or Extinction, cause we could also maybe see Crystal Isles being an option, however I doubt that we may get a vote for Genesis 1 and 2, Lost Isles or Fjordur but who knows

still i hope the hermit crab gets a redemption

I agree, I think that the hermit crab had one of the most detailed and impressive submissions of any dino I have seen for a while and it needs to redeem itself. I do also think that the next/last vote will be Valguero because lost isles just got the Rhyniognatha added to it, fjordur is the newest map and probably won't have a vote, crystal isles is a bit random and 'unique' so 1 creature might not fit it, the genesis's are, well, dare I explain? and extiction has the same problem as crystal isles, 1 creature wouldn't fully suit the map.

• Like 1

Curious about how we are going to transfer this creature over to other ARKS seeing as usually Aquatics don't play very nice with either the Obelisks or the TEK Transmitter. (Yes I know you can force them to spawn naturally by editing game files, but what about us Console players? I doubt the relevant mods will be up and running on say one of the Center's release)

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

48 minutes ago, Alferdo said:

I don't dislike shastasaurus but I think Mesoparapylocheles was much better

I hope that in the next votes he will win.

Agreed. I'm honestly kinda pissed. No hate to the creator of the Shasta, but the crab even had animations. He was my favorite throughout the vote. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GatorGamer869 said:

I agree, I think that the hermit crab had one of the most detailed and impressive submissions of any dino I have seen for a while and it needs to redeem itself. I do also think that the next/last vote will be Valguero because lost isles just got the Rhyniognatha added to it, fjordur is the newest map and probably won't have a vote, crystal isles is a bit random and 'unique' so 1 creature might not fit it, the genesis's are, well, dare I explain? and extiction has the same problem as crystal isles, 1 creature wouldn't fully suit the map.

They've already announced that they will add a new real world creature onto EACH SUSEQUENT MAP. Meaning both community and Cannon maps, whether or not they will be votes is a different question. But taking the fact that they have done 4 creature votes so far leads me to believe they will do one for all of them even Lost Island and Fjordur.

• Like 2

I was wishing for the Miracinonyx and/or Hermit Crab to win, but I'm fine with this too. At least more than I was with the Yi Qi (or Yi Ling as it's called) I do hope these 2 respectably win the next votes along with Maevia winning the Extinction vote as the Miracinonyx, Hermit Crab and Maevia are three of (some of) the best creature vote designs by far!

Can't wait to see the next vote!

• Like 1

Honestly, I voted for Shastasurus for no reason what-so-ever (believe it or not) because it was on the top for the first round

I will go with any aquatic creature for this voting round, and with the Shasta being the winner, I'll take it. But they better keep that saddle.

Also this is the first aquatic tame we had in a while, so lets keep in mind.

undefined

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Sadly, I'm not too happy with the creature vote winner. Let's hope Wildcard can make it interesting. I'm pretty sure they will keep the submarine saddle concept, so hopefully that turns out to be cool. 

As for the official server saves, I'm just hoping they work out smoothly. I'm glad Wildcard actually thought of that when closing servers.

Also, it's nice to see a crunch where Wildcard isn't struggling to find content to make it a reasonable length!

After announcing what won on the map, the rest of the statements are rather copy/paste.  So you don't write that they found words for cc, just zero specific information as usual.  And auto-save maps already exist so didn't think about it now, it's an old practice.  And even if the saves went smoothly, what do I tell players after this save about consoles, if they can't use maps in SP?  To do this, they make us pay disgustingly high prices to Nitrado for the pleasure of playing on their map, for example, in my case with my wife.  Your statements are terribly greasy, they remind me of those who suck up to someone to ask for something in return.

5 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

It's just sad, honestly. You got tons of questions last week about SP for console, about the ability to get saves of several maps to form a cluster... and these questions remain unaddressed in your "recap".

I doubt that's the answer we'll get about SP mode for consoles.

5 hours ago, SteveTheOtherSurvivor said:

Yep. Sucks there had to be so much hate thrown at ASA reveals that they just got pulled back. It'd be nice if the haters could apologize, or at least go away, but it is what it is. We'll see it soon enough.

How long have you played ASE?  Do you have huge Bases, lots of dinos, or lots of resources?  I don't think so.  In my case, it's a waste of work in creating what I now have with my wife.  That's 22,800 hours lost (check my profile if you don't believe me) and you're talking about haters? 

In this case, you have offended many of us!

P.S.  I wouldn't be as excited about ASA as you are.

Edited by Noffek
  • Thanks 4