Waiting For Content

bedsidespider

I feel the bulk of my time spent in this game is trying to find things to do while waiting for new content to come out. Breeding, building, sometimes raiding, there isn't much thrill at this point.

How many of you log in each day not because you want to play ark, but because you don't want to loose your progress?

Try a Primitive server...

Try and build an impenetrable base...

Perfect tame every lvl 150 Dino there is, a male and female of each...

Summon the Bosses and defeat them with said dino's

Search loot drops for the BEST weapons and armor...

There is TONS to do in this early access game...

If your getting bored, log into a new server and start over, what your experiencing is "the burnout" were you've put so much time into something you just end up hating it because the thrill of it is gone...

You will experience this in every sandbox game or even open ended games (like skyrim or fallout)

Yes those are both great games, but you will eventually get "burned out" because you've collected the best items, and done every mission/quest.

Games like these are all about the community you have to play with. I play on an RP-PvP server and it's an absolute blast. I know a lot of people sit there and scoff at the idea of "RPing" but if you can get into it it's really quite enjoyable. Honestly I would look for a server that has a strong community of like minded RPer's and give it a go for a bit. You don't have to speak in "Old English" and act like a knight, unless of course you want to.

In a game I used to play a while back we had this "frog priest" that joined our server and built his own church of the frog. He would go to settlements and try to spread the message of the frog and every night someone would burn his church down and every day he would come back, ask for tithes, and rebuild his church. It was all in good fun and the guy was an absolute sport about the whole thing.

It's all about creating stories and adventures with people that you can laugh about down the road with your friends and look back years from now, as silly as it sounds, and say "yeah I've got this story from back when I played Ark."

14 hours ago, bedsidespider said:

I feel the bulk of my time spent in this game is trying to find things to do while waiting for new content to come out. Breeding, building, sometimes raiding, there isn't much thrill at this point.

How many of you log in each day not because you want to play ark, but because you don't want to loose your progress?

Have you tried no fliers? That adds so much intensity to the survival. I tend to get bored once the survival part is gone. One you get a big base, a quetz, a giga, no fear is no fun. I went back to an official server and it's actually nerve racking. Who is friendly? Who is an ***hole? 

Ive considered role play but I like making friends and talking about my life and my kids and stuff If I'm going to be talking to people.

11 hours ago, Sweeper said:

Games like these are all about the community you have to play with.

Nail on the head. If you are not having fun and just logging in to save your progress... Forget the progress and start fresh. First step would be to upload all of your stuff (if you are on a dedicated server), and find somewhere else to stay. Myself and 6 people from work had our own server, we built a massive fortress, tamed everything under the sun (and some things that never see the sun :P) and achieved everything possible in the game (arenas weren't out then). Then we got bored. So about half of us moved to a new dedicated server, with a great community and have done everything bar tame a giga (disallowed on server by admins) and tame water dinos. Yet, we are far from bored. Our community works together, we have server wide events run by the admins, we help new people out (even though its PvP), we have rival tribes and outright enemies. My server makes the game.

9 hours ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

Have you tried no fliers? That adds so much intensity to the survival. I tend to get bored once the survival part is gone. One you get a big base, a quetz, a giga, no fear is no fun.

I second this, although my level 265 bear doesn't provide me much fear rolling around the server, I take him everywhere. Makes the game so much more fun rather than just zooming somewhere on a flier. Swim across to the volcano island (on the center) going bear back :P etc.

37 minutes ago, Rippy said:

I second this, although my level 265 bear doesn't provide me much fear rolling around the server, I take him everywhere. Makes the game so much more fun rather than just zooming somewhere on a flier. Swim across to the volcano island (on the center) going bear back :P etc.

I love my Argy...

Its my favorite animal on the ARK...

I'd never give that one up... its not fast, but its very strong...

I love flying around and calling out 150 dino's and people will PAY me very well to (if I can) carry the said dino to there base so they can tame it...

Loads of fun to be had...

Oh yeah no criticism for using fliers from me @Grognak, but there are alot of people like myself who found while getting burned out to stop using them as much. I still use my quetz to carry the anky out for farming etc, but if I am just travelling somewhere, doing PvP etc, I always try and do it on foot. Myself and @Trentifus headed out in the early days of our last server on foot to a cave, and getting there was half the adventure! So much more fun then on ptera's back (in our opinion)

On ‎19‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 9:12 AM, Grognak said:

Yes those are both great games, but you will eventually get "burned out" because you've collected the best items, and done every mission/quest.

Make your own content. That's what a sandbox is all about.

Just have fun.

To the OP: don't expect the devs to make a linear patch from start to finish to follow. Quests, missions, that's for themepark games.

Archived