Maevia Eureka - [Withdrawn]

Delran

Suggestion

IMPORTANT NOTICE: After careful deliberation with Sovira about the Maevia's future and its place on The Center map, we have come to the conclusion to bow out of The Center's creature vote. The Maevia will return for more (but not all) future maps where it will feel more at home than it would have on The Center. This will in turn free up another spot for another well-deserving author/creature that fits The Center better.

For everybody who has already voted and shown their love for the Maevia in yet another round, your support means everything to us! That's what keeps us going in our continued efforts with the Maevia moving forward, but for maps that are better suited than this one. If you see this after making your initial vote, make sure to support whichever other entries you love for The Center. There are definitely tons of other amazing entries out there!

Below is a direct quote from Sovira themself on the decision:

"
Maevia Eureka is being withdrawn from The Center Creature Voting Contest. After a lot of thought and consideration, it just feels unfair for her to take up a potential spot where a creature who stands their best chance to shine in this more so water based map, could make it into the top ten. Another thing to consider was the fact that none of us want to see any creature submission become 'washed up' by over-submitting it, nobody deserves to have that kind of hatred towards their genuine hard work and effort, when all they want is to see the creature make it into the game some day!

I want to give a massive thank you to those who have supported her through this, and I'm so sorry to tear her down from you guys like this, I think in the long run it's going to help her chances later on as well as giving another person the chance they deserve to make it. We are making plans on having her submitted to Valguero, Extinction, Genesis 1, and Fjordur if that map happens to have another voting event, with a fresh alternative variant for Extinction! Please forgive me for this, and I hope that you understand the decision behind this."  -  Sovira

[Maevia roadmap for future creature votes]

Valguero - Spawning in Aberrant zone (Aberrant variant)

Extinction - Spawning in City and/or Forest (
New Variant specific to Extinction)

Fjordur - Spawning in Aberrant caves/zones + Vanaheim (Aberrant variant)

Genesis I - Aberrant caves, Bog (Aberrant Variant)

Edited by Delran
Withdrawing entry for current vote
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

98 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, SpyroTheArtist said:

I know im adding fuel to the fire, But everyone that is submitting comments about Maevia Eurkea being Garbage and Useless and how it should be denied from the top ten are the reason why these creature votes end up becoming trash fires majority of the time. While I agree with the reposting (I did the same with Gorgonops so im not really one to talk), I do think that the spider deserves a spot in the top 10. whether it be on this map or the others. 

Don’t see that many people complaining that it’s useless. The frustration is seeing creature like Maevia, or Gorgonops, or Bastion Beetle, or Bison, etc etc keep showing up in the top 10 over and over again with minimal changes. It crowds out other suggestions by allowing repeat runners up to essentially be guaranteed a Top 10 spot even though they have lost several times already.

IMO submissions should get two chances at a Top 10 Vote, then they’re done unless a different person wants to provide a *substantively* different take on that creature. Meaning, the Gorgonops that made Top 10 twice is done. Sorry. Personally, I voted it top both times, but it’s time for it to retire. If someone else wants to come up with a novel take for Gorgonops, they can do so. Same for the Maevia

I’m particularly adamant about it now, too, because if it’s not nipped in the bud sooner rather than later it’s going to continue to be an issue. Moreover, the way a lot of the pro-Maevia people have responded on various platforms upon its losing has been childish & embarrassing, calling the vote rigged and mocking the Yi Ling & its creator.

Edited by PuffyPony
  • Like 1

Personally, I adore the previous suggestion that the male be a small shoulder pet, and the female large/rideable.

I know that jumping spiders lack size differentiation between the male and female, but if we're being honest any RL sizing flies out the window with Ark (this creature is going to be far larger than it ever would be naturally). I think having a shoulder pet + a mount option within a single creature would be a unique feature (and you can still keep the tame a male, to tame the female part).

I do also agree that giving it the ability to run over water would be a plus for this map.

Edit: As for many comments saying it doesn't suit this map... it's a jumping spider, if there are areas with rock walls/cliffs and/or large open cave areas (floating islands say hi) or a basic forest/redwoods biome, it suits the map just fine (honestly it can go basically anywhere on land except an ice biome). Don't get me wrong I'd have MUCH rather had it on aberration, but there's nothing wrong with it for the center. I'd much rather have this over some niche ocean tame that will barely see any use (because lets face it, who really wants to spend much time underwater in Ark).

Edited by Kaiarra
  • Like 2

This spider was never designed to be on a specific map and have always been imagined with variants on every maps. So the original concept can be submitted to every map and doesn't fit a map better than another.

And never forget one thing : Ark is a game. Everything is possible so every creature can fit any maps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RebelKevin94 said:

If you would learn how to “read” about it you would know it useful and after it got cheated out of the aberration vote what do you honestly expect to happen? And I noticed you’re not crying like a baby over the little kitty cat miracionyx”fastest creature in the game” on primarily ocean map and flyer map, I love seeing cry baby hypocrites 

The only one crying here is you saying the spider got cheated out of aberration. 

Edited by ElPINGUcubano94

20 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Don’t see that many people complaining that it’s useless. The frustration is seeing creature like Maevia, or Gorgonops, or Bastion Beetle, or Bison, etc etc keep showing up in the top 10 over and over again with minimal changes. It crowds out other suggestions by allowing repeat runners up to essentially be guaranteed a Top 10 spot even though they have lost several times already.

IMO submissions should get two chances at a Top 10 Vote, then they’re done unless a different person wants to provide a *substantively* different take on that creature. Meaning, the Gorgonops that made Top 10 twice is done. Sorry. Personally, I voted it top both times, but it’s time for it to retire. If someone else wants to come up with a novel take for Gorgonops, they can do so. Same for the Maevia

I’m particularly adamant about it now, too, because if it’s not nipped in the bud sooner rather than later it’s going to continue to be an issue. Moreover, the way a lot of the pro-Maevia people have responded on various platforms upon its losing has been childish & embarrassing, calling the vote rigged and mocking the Yi Ling & its creator.

You’re one of the only few making sense around here. You’re 100% correct, but people get salty that it lost so they think that posting the same overdone idea again and again is somehow appealing.

Wildcard really needs to implement this rule because we could have so many other creative options in the final votes. If it didn’t win a second time then odds are it just won’t win. 

15 hours ago, RebelKevin94 said:

Yeah well Goldie it got cheated out of last vote if you could tell, it was number 1 through 7 of the 9 rounds and then  it miraculously loses so what do you expect to happen, the devs need to learn to either stop letting these rigged creature votes go array or let the runner ups in the game and then they won’t have fan favors keep getting votes for like Maevia eureka and the miracionyx 🤔

This thing lost because it was on the bottom of more lists than it was on the top. It was the most popular as a first pick, but was hated more than the Yi Qi overall. 

The Jumping spider should of won the Aber vote, a map perfect for it and we get a damned mutated chicken. 

Sovira if you are reading this, I am well and truly sorry you lost the vote. I truly am. You had a sweet, original and perfect idea for that map and yet again, stupidity wins. You will always have my vote for the Jumping spider entering into this game. Please don't be upset, when the world is full of stupidity, it is hard to be the intelligent one.
Again I am so sorry, you should of won. 

ChiefInsaneBull

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Killmonger said:

I’m sick of seeing this tbh, there should be a rule where if a creature fails top 10 twice or three times it can’t make it again.

100%. And it should be twice. Otherwise the same people just keep voting the same creature and it takes a spot in the top 10 every time. It’s good to give fresh ideas a chance and it would force people to be selective about which maps they post it on instead of just spamming it for every map. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

I know im adding fuel to the fire, But everyone that is submitting comments about Maevia Eurkea being Garbage and Useless and how it should be denied from the top ten are the reason why these creature votes end up becoming trash fires majority of the time. While I agree with the reposting (I did the same with Gorgonops so im not really one to talk), I do think that the spider deserves a spot in the top 10. whether it be on this map or the others. 

Now for some suggestions, I believe a user earlier had stated the idea of giving Maevia the ability to skid across water. I think that would be beneficial for the spider alongside the abilities it already has making it more versatile.

Edited by SpyroTheArtist
  • Like 1