The Fluffy Jumping-Spider Tranq Bola - Maevia Eureka!

28 minutes ago, Sovira said:

Absolutely, we have a Maevia ally that will be taking over (mostly) for Maevia for the future maps, going to skip on the center because it's so crazily water focused with aquatic love potential, but even though I'm passing the crown down myself, Maevia still has too many that love her to give up ❤️ wanted to give all of you so many hugs and thanks for supporting her SO much too, it means so much to me!!! I never imagined she would make it so far! We all stand together for maevia!

For maevia! The cutest fluffy spooder whi I hope will one day come to ark! 

Edited by IHendo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, IHendo said:

Wait but are you scrapping it or is it just going to be in other votes? 

Not scrapping it! I have another Maevia ally who will be taking maevia's crown up and I'll help them with editing and getting maevia back in, may have to tweak her for the other maps, I think Valguero (since it has an aberrant biome) will be her next best stop, but she might visit extinction too for the sunken forest biome! The center is next but she won't quite fit there as much, so maybe it gives her a lil break and takes a little bit of the heat off of her!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sovira said:

Not scrapping it! I have another Maevia ally who will be taking maevia's crown up and I'll help them with editing and getting maevia back in, may have to tweak her for the other maps, I think Valguero (since it has an aberrant biome) will be her next best stop, but she might visit extinction too for the sunken forest biome! The center is next but she won't quite fit there as much, so maybe it gives her a lil break and takes a little bit of the heat off of her!

Personally, I will propose it for all the submissions. If it gets regularly in top 10 and finish in the top 3 at the end, it will give a good reason to WildCard to include it into the game as a bonus creature and also on all maps.

I don't know a lot of creatures that finished in the top 3 several times except the gigantoraptor.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FentScifer said:

Personally, I will propose it for all the submissions. If it gets regularly in top 10 and finish in the top 3 at the end, it will give a good reason to WildCard to include it into the game as a bonus creature and also on all maps.

I don't know a lot of creatures that finished in the top 3 several times except the gigantoraptor.

Agree with this; I think it should be entered for every remaining map.

Feels like the best chance to get it added likely won't be by winning, but by being a runner up on a number of votes, and praying it gets added as a 'repeated community favourite' bonus creature. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to directly win one of the votes, but seems this community has too many people who just want yet another raptor variation on every single map - not really surprising as Ark is primarily a 'dino game'.

A gliding-raptor that's similar to creatures we already have (deinonychus, rock drake, microraptor) winning is just so wild to me when the sauropod/ceratops entries quite rightly got obliterated in round 2/3 (because while great ideas, we have multiple versions of a similar design already). Personally I think with a 47:53% vote the best move would have been adding both..but oh well, too late for that now.

Edited by Kaiarra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well there's some guy on the community crunch saying they pushed 200 rando friends to vote for yi qui (though probably just lying through their teeth because it's the internet 😆).

Something as simple as one of the larger Ark streamers just mentioning it in passing/saying they wanted it to win could also be responsible - I felt it didn't have especially great concept art (compared to both spiders) and the low forum participation (only 7 pages vs 22/23 for the spiders) makes it seem the win came out of nowhere/wasn't from this community. Very bizarre...

Just have to pray that fluffy spider can win a vote for one of the future maps.

---

Edit as limited posts per day: I love how you only respond to small part of my posts.
Yes that's a tiny amount (and I don't believe they did it hence the snarky comment). As for the other thread claiming that rankedvote can't be abused...

It really boils down to your opinion on people (maliciously or not) sticking Maevia on rank 10, and that low ranking being allowed to influence the final vote. Is that technical abuse, like multiple votes? No. Is this system a horrible way to vote for a creature? I think so.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading through the rankedvote info, the spider winning round one outright means it had the most rank 1 votes - as in more players voted for Maevia to win than any other creature. People have every right to be mad that statistical tinkering after the first vote made it lose, as winning the first round isn't 'good enough' for it to win in this format of polling. It only lost by due to a bunch of people dumping it at rank 10 on their lists thereby eventually dragging it below Yi Qi (looks like it happened with Chimerarachne as well).

And the thing is...I really have doubts on it ever winning, as if nothing else, there's likely a bunch of people with arachnophobia/who don't like spiders that will always automatically dump it on rank 10 and drag it down in the final rounds - this is honestly why I think Wildcard should highly consider adding it as a bonus/runner up creature (to bypass any spider phobias). It's clearly popular enough to be added (seeing as it technically won this round).

(By all means though, if that isn't how the voting works then correct me/explain it better)

rankedvote2.png

Edited by Kaiarra
  • Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Kaiarra said:

Well there's some guy on the community crunch saying they pushed 200 rando friends to vote for yi qui (though probably just lying through their teeth because it's the internet).

Something as simple as one of the larger Ark streamers just mentioning it in passing/saying they wanted it to win could also be responsible - I felt it didn't have especially great concept art (compared to both spiders) and the low forum participation (only 7 pages) makes it seem the win came out of nowhere/wasn't from this community. Very bizarre...

Just have to pray that fluffy spider can win a vote for one of the future maps.

With over 35,000 people voting. Those 200 randos only made up 0.005% of the vote. 

I don't think that matters much. 

7 hours ago, FentScifer said:

Just be careful if you follow through with this

You don't want it to end up like the bastion Beatle 

I want you guys to know that I am making a little discord server for those of us who wanna stay up to date on Maevia and give support / suggestions or just hang out on there in general! We have other maevia allies here already so feel free to join us! I think sticking together would help greatly, you can always even mute the server and only check in on it when the next map comes around to give some support / check it out! ❤️ 

Here is the link!!!   https://discord.gg/DMkDPq3ZGe

Edited by Sovira
fixed link real quickly!
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sovira said:

Hi sovira! Good to know you aren't scrapping it. But I have an idea, if you use it for the center you know how you said it was water based? There are a few species of water spider and one of then has a little bubble den and it carries air on its back in the form of a bubble. Maybe for the center maevia could do that and to tame it you would have to add air to its bubble den? (You don't have to do this just a suggestion) Like imagine the maevia now but with a few bubbles on it little body like a bubble scuba mask!

Edited by IHendo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IHendo said:

Hi sovira! Good to know you aren't scrapping it. But I have an idea, if you use it for the center you know how you said it was water based? There are a few species of water spider and one of then has a little bubble den and it carries air on its back in the form of a bubble. Maybe for the center maevia could do that and to tame it you would have to add air to its bubble den? (You don't have to do this just a suggestion) Like imagine the maevia now but with a few bubbles on it little body like a bubble scuba mask!

That actually sounds like a seriously cool idea!!! definitely going to consider this because there are those who'd like to see maevia on the center as a suggestion too!

55 minutes ago, IHendo said:

Perhaps a bit like this?Screenshot_20230730_074743_Google.jpg.555d7fbed62993359c6d634797cc7584.jpg And for an ability it uses the bubbles to let you have a fully submerged underwater base? Aka bubble base?

Or it could let non aquatic tames breath underwater by putting a bubble on their head?

this is actually such a good idea!!! I'm bringing it up with the other maevia followers on discord, I left the link up there if you'd like to join too, going to be brainstorming a lot and seeing whether we should or shouldn't have maevia on center, there is a lot of concern right now on how 'oversubmitting' her could cause her to be a bit 'washed up' so to speak, so it's a touch and go right now!!! these ideas are perfect though! ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Sovira said:

this is actually such a good idea!!! I'm bringing it up with the other maevia followers on discord, I left the link up there if you'd like to join too, going to be brainstorming a lot and seeing whether we should or shouldn't have maevia on center, there is a lot of concern right now on how 'oversubmitting' her could cause her to be a bit 'washed up' so to speak, so it's a touch and go right now!!! these ideas are perfect though! ❤️ 

Thank you I won't join the discord, but I can submit Ideas through this let's hope maevia can do this!

• Like 1

Some abilities Ideas if added to centre,

Idea 1: Ability: When in a tight situation the maevia can burst the air bubble to proppell itself in any direction,

Idea 2: Passive ability: When underwater or at night maevia glows similar to a shadowmane.

Idea 3: Breeding: In the wild after mating female spiders will eat the male, perhaps if they are breeding the option will come up for the female to eat the male perhaps this could benefit the baby's stat's or add a mutation?

Edited by IHendo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kaiarra said:

It really boils down to your opinion on people (maliciously or not) sticking Maevia on rank 10, and that low ranking being allowed to influence the final vote. Is that technical abuse, like multiple votes? No. Is this system a horrible way to vote for a creature? I think so.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading through the rankedvote info, the spider winning round one outright means it had the most rank 1 votes - as in more players voted for Maevia to win than any other creature. People have every right to be mad that statistical tinkering after the first vote made it lose, as winning the first round isn't 'good enough' for it to win in this format of polling. It only lost by due to a bunch of people dumping it at rank 10 on their lists thereby eventually dragging it below Yi Qi (looks like it happened with Chimerarachne as well).

And the thing is...I really have doubts on it ever winning, as if nothing else, there's likely a bunch of people with arachnophobia/who don't like spiders that will always automatically dump it on rank 10 and drag it down in the final rounds - this is honestly why I think Wildcard should highly consider adding it as a bonus/runner up creature (to bypass any spider phobias). It's clearly popular enough to be added (seeing as it technically won this round).

(By all means though, if that isn't how the voting works then correct me/explain it better)

rankedvote2.png

This point right here, has me very concerned for the future of any spider or snake type submissions, and I feel that it is a point that should be seen even in part.