Community Crunch 367: ARK 2 Fishing Concept, Creature Vote Winner, and More!

StudioWildcard

I've always been more partial to dinos rather than anything closely relating or reminding any modern day creature as a personal preference. Similarly, I prefer real life creatures in game, though I wouldn't mind a map devoted to fantasy/mutated creatures that provides different flavour, but I don't like as much having a mix of both on the same map. 

On another note...

We have an update coming to the ASA roadmap next week

Let's see how long the delays are this time around. 4 or 6 months? Or....will they even go down the early access route again?

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

I've always been more partial to dinos rather than anything closely relating or reminding any modern day creature as a personal preference. Similarly, I prefer real life creatures in game, though I wouldn't mind a map devoted to fantasy/mutated creatures that provides different flavour, but I don't like as much having a mix of both on the same map. 

On another note...

Let's see how long the delays are this time around. 4 or 6 months? Or....will they even go down the early access route again?

I prefer dinosaurs to fantasy and modern animals, but at the same time I'm tired of seeing more and more big theropods with microscopic differences between them.

Definitely want to see more permian and ice age stuff though. The buffalo and giraffe were high on my list, as was the gorgonopsid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scheneighnay said:

I prefer dinosaurs to fantasy and modern animals, but at the same time I'm tired of seeing more and more big theropods with microscopic differences between them.

Definitely want to see more permian and ice age stuff though. The buffalo and giraffe were high on my list, as was the gorgonopsid.

That's a good point. It's kind of getting to the point where a lot of the "end game" creatures seem more-or-less like slight variations of each other. I think the Charcharodontosarus would've worked well for a Giganotosaurus TLC, for example. Dinosaurs are still definitely the highlight of the game, tho. It would really help to just have more herbivores added, I think. I was really hoping that the Titanoceratops would win a few votes back for this reason. But like you said, some other prehistoric beasties like creatures from the Cenozoic and Permian would be great as well.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 2:45 PM, OverlordHero said:

I'm glad the gigantoraptor won. If it actually keeps the proposed abilities it'll be a nice addition. How any of you can argue to keep the current style of imprinting is beyond me. Gigantoraptor had the best set of proposed abilities that's why it won.

I never even bothered with imprinting before so this is a gamechanger for me 😄

On 6/24/2023 at 3:21 PM, Cage123 said:

For the aberration vote I believe it would be cool for to like and add the alien-like prehistoric creatures like for example some like the Hallucigenia which was a strange worm that walked and have spikes. I just want the creature we choose for the vote fit the theme of aberration.

It would be very fitting for such a creepy and dark biome to have some creature from the Cambrian. Imagine swimming through the waters of Aberration atop an overgrown, monstrous Anomalocaris 😯

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 6:40 PM, BearDogOtter said:

Again, aquatic dinos get shafted. Has there even been any new aquatic tames added since the game was first released?

It is, in my humble opinion, perhaps the most missed opportunity when it comes Ark that the oceans and waterways are relatively devoid of any reason to visit when compared to the land. Pretty much every resource you need can be found much easier on land, and defensive/offensive aquatic creatures lack more use because people don't have as much to attack or defend in the water. One of my biggest hopes for ASA is that they make the water more interesting (the visual glow-up will help, but it needs more than that imo). Once that's done (if it gets done) I think there would be more of a reason to add to the aquatic menagerie. 

Edited by Shrekasaurus
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 6:00 PM, Lucifer15 said:

you all have bad tast dreadnoutuse for life it was a good idea and im saying its riged as it would be a pain to right the code for and the new raptor is just a reskined s+ nanny and whats that asa console will have mod support so that creachers useless now wow you dont say