1 hour ago, CampJz said:

Been holding our tongue have we? Bro no one is forcing you to vote for it. But just shut up with constant negativity. I am not saying you are wrong but just leave me and the post alone. Apparently 380 votes and third place agree with me. I can take suggestions but at least give me some instead of just say this is crap bc of this. Give me something to improve why don’t you. If you want me to go back to old concept just put a up on my pole to reset it. No not concept the POLE!!!

>Been holding my tongue.

>Been

Thats called past tense. I like every other sentient being can change my actions going forward from a point in the past. I have no real stake in this as I wouldn't get to use the winning creature anyway so I'm not bothering with the vote, simply airing my thoughts on creatures that catch my attention. If it seems a bit too harsh then too bad. I'm past the point of sugar coating when cutting to the quick gets more results. You made bad suggestions for the sake of attention, I called them bad. Simple as.

You want a suggestion beyond the obvious "just repost the old dossier"? Fine. It's a beetle, a beetle's primary defense tends to be how tanky they are. Give it the ability hunker down and hide the player beneath its wing sheathes when unsaddled for bonus defense at the cost of movement speed. Give it the ability to collect sap from cacti and trees since beetles will happily eat the stuff for the sugars. Speaking of eating, beetles like fermented fruits and yeasts. Know what has a close approximation to those in game? Beer. Feed them beer, they get a melee damage boost at the cost of stamina. Give them the ability to produce fertilizer like dung beetles at half the speed but double the amount. Remove the carry ability from females and leave it to the males, instead females have greater mobility and the ability to drop a pheromone bomb that works like dropping honey to attract males nearby. The scent lingers on the female for a set time and the males will follow her anywhere they can for easy trapping. Remove the jet plane based saddle ideas like the thrusters or ejector seat and instead install a mounted tranquilizer that only works when you have something grabbed so you can tranquilize whatever the male grabs like you would with a karkinos. Make it so the beetle doesn't pull a kark or meg and start trying to murder whatever it grabs if you have to dismount. Balanced abilities, that's what your suggestion lacked.

Have you not noticed that the moa is significantly toned down in comparison to the beetle's newest iteration and yet dominating the leaderboard? There are currently morepeople that have had enough of over the top stuff than there are people that want more.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

>Been holding my tongue.

>Been

Thats called past tense. I like every other sentient being can change my actions going forward from a point in the past. I have no real stake in this as I wouldn't get to use the winning creature anyway so I'm not bothering with the vote, simply airing my thoughts on creatures that catch my attention. If it seems a bit too harsh then too bad. I'm past the point of sugar coating when cutting to the quick gets more results. You made bad suggestions for the sake of attention, I called them bad. Simple as.

You want a suggestion beyond the obvious "just repost the old dossier"? Fine. It's a beetle, a beetle's primary defense tends to be how tanky they are. Give it the ability hunker down and hide the player beneath its wing sheathes when unsaddled for bonus defense at the cost of movement speed. Give it the ability to collect sap from cacti and trees since beetles will happily eat the stuff for the sugars. Speaking of eating, beetles like fermented fruits and yeasts. Know what has a close approximation to those in game? Beer. Feed them beer, they get a melee damage boost at the cost of stamina. Give them the ability to produce fertilizer like dung beetles at half the speed but double the amount. Remove the carry ability from females and leave it to the males, instead females have greater mobility and the ability to drop a pheromone bomb that works like dropping honey to attract males nearby. The scent lingers on the female for a set time and the males will follow her anywhere they can for easy trapping. Remove the jet plane based saddle ideas like the thrusters or ejector seat and instead install a mounted tranquilizer that only works when you have something grabbed so you can tranquilize whatever the male grabs like you would with a karkinos. Make it so the beetle doesn't pull a kark or meg and start trying to murder whatever it grabs if you have to dismount. Balanced abilities, that's what your suggestion lacked.

Have you not noticed that the moa is significantly toned down in comparison to the beetle's newest iteration and yet dominating the leaderboard? There are currently morepeople that have had enough of over the top stuff than there are people that want more.

Thank you for these suggestions. I will try and find a way to incorporate them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that includes you. I am sorry for coming off as a douche. But I do really appreciate the ideas. 

49 minutes ago, CampJz said:

Thank you for these suggestions. I will try and find a way to incorporate them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that includes you. I am sorry for coming off as a douche. But I do really appreciate the ideas. 

Happens to the best of us, my bad if I came off a bit too strong.  The older one gets the more grumpy they get it seems.

• Haha 1

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]-[New and improved with balanced feat]Desert Version Bastion Beetle

Despite the fact that this looks like an op creature to add into the game, it is because because the creators are truly passionate about it, but in the end it is up to the developer to decide the keep or pass of the abilities/ mechanic.

What matters the most is we need more insects especially beetle to the game. Currently the game is extremely lack of well designed insects, eventhough they are the lever pullers of our world. Most of the insects we have in current game can be left without. When mentioning ark insects the beetle that rolls feces will mostly comes to our mind, the others are garbage (let's see how rhyniognatha perform) and See how many useful mammals, reptiles, birds in the game currently, we are out numbered, thus we need more that stands for the team beetle!

Beetle is the perfect fit to desert, in fact they can fit in any bioms. And like many others have mentioned the scarab theme will be the most appropriate and convincing of this context. And because no full fossil been discovered, developer can go wild with their imagination on beetle's exoskeleton not limited to rhinoceros beetle, thou we like it's aggressive look.

(Image: twitter-Geekscape of the Day)

Da9RLULWsAEaeFx.jpeg

ok the original design was really cool i loved it it would have made a great addition to scorched. but what you did with a design that was made with effort and nearly won the creature vote is honestly shameful. i suggest that everyone here who wants a new insect moves on there are far better ones than this copy of a legend. maybe try the opsiobuthus or another idea that was actually thought out. id still love to see the original bastion beetle in the game it would've made a great addition

5 hours ago, Maodejiu said:

Despite the fact that this looks like an op creature to add into the game, it is because because the creators are truly passionate about it, but in the end it is up to the developer to decide the keep or pass of the abilities/ mechanic.

What matters the most is we need more insects especially beetle to the game. Currently the game is extremely lack of well designed insects, eventhough they are the lever pullers of our world. Most of the insects we have in current game can be left without. When mentioning ark insects the beetle that rolls feces will mostly comes to our mind, the others are garbage (let's see how rhyniognatha perform) and See how many useful mammals, reptiles, birds in the game currently, we are out numbered, thus we need more that stands for the team beetle!

Beetle is the perfect fit to desert, in fact they can fit in any bioms. And like many others have mentioned the scarab theme will be the most appropriate and convincing of this context. And because no full fossil been discovered, developer can go wild with their imagination on beetle's exoskeleton not limited to rhinoceros beetle, thou we like it's aggressive look.

(Image: twitter-Geekscape of the Day)

Da9RLULWsAEaeFx.jpeg

Thanks man for the support 🤜🏼

I opted to stay out of this vote. As the original poster from last vote, when I woke Saturday morning to see that the bastion was not only already submitted by someone else without any reach out or regard, but also changed quite a bit in ways I disagreed with, it kinda killed it for me. Still hop I wins however. I voted for the sake of it.

On 4/9/2023 at 6:15 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Anyone can suggest any changes they want. Nobody owns the rights to the idea. Change away.

8 hours ago, TorchuJACK117 said:

I opted to stay out of this vote. As the original poster from last vote, when I woke Saturday morning to see that the bastion was not only already submitted by someone else without any reach out or regard, but also changed quite a bit in ways I disagreed with, it kinda killed it for me. Still hop I wins however. I voted for the sake of it.

I apologize if you would have liked me to reach out but I have no way of doing it. I don’t do discord. But I did have to change it to fit scorched earth theme. Also as you said you were this last votes poster, Not the original. If this vote dosen't win this time you can repost or anyone else for that matter

On 4/14/2023 at 5:45 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

>Been holding my tongue.

>Been

I agree with you. The mechanic can be more interesting by making it closer to real life beetle, just a thought. take a real life rhinoceros beetle for example it lives most of its like in larva stage and only a short couple of months in adult stage. And also the larve is much bigger than the adult. So maybe we have more interactions with its rideable larva doing all sorts of farming, tunneling? and building work (what the game lack currently with baby Dino interaction), pupa stage needs care (wild dino will try to attack it like the drop pod but at less intense) and once it's at adult stage then it can reproduce and be OP in someway but will die off in a short time (maybe a week? Like titan) 

On 4/9/2023 at 2:48 AM, TyrannusDante said:

u u im actually preffer to have a creature how could live in the desert u u but its a good idea for other dlc like Genesis where we have a pretty cool antartic biome ^^

image.png.08df0fa42725fdbfcb20e7adff114586.png

Yeah, but Antarctica wasn't actually super cold at that time. It had many native species of flora and fauna that were wiped as Antarctica moved southward.

^ This. I was one of the most zealous supporters for the beetle in the previous votes, absolutely adored the simple yet thought out concept of the funny attack heli/mobile artillery beetle. But this newer concept just feels like a Rhynio 2.0 situation, sacrificing the original's specialization for the niche it was meant to fill for another vote pandering uber-charged beastie.

And the justification for this action being that "Wildcard does their own thing with the creature anyways so the original idea doesn't matter" is so utterly bogus. Desmodus and Rhyniognatha are both proof that this isn't the case, as their Wildcard iterations focused on the more unique and niche parts of their concepts and expanded upon them, with Desmo virtually identical to the original concept and Rhynio having a much greater emphasis be placed on its resin as well as retaining the same tame mechanic. Oh, and don't get me started on the glow-up Carcha got...

My biggest fear if the beetle wins is them potentially taking more from this newer concept to the detriment of features from the original. Maybe this concern is a bit irrational, maybe if the beetle wins either way they'll still do the same thing with it and make it more like the flightless Bombardier Beetle (Which Antarctotrechus was more closely related to) than a Rhino Beetle like the original art depicts it as, in a similar manner to how Rhynio takes far more inspiration from more scientifically accurate depictions of the species than the original concept did.

Either way, I can't support the butchering of the bastion in good faith.

1 hour ago, predator97427 said:

Why are people spitting on the mighty Beetle ??? It's an incredible suggestion that would fit SE perfectly, way more than a raptor 2.0 or a stupid moa...

Lot of people don't like how the concept was just made to be as powerful as possible to attract votes

Currently it's more reigned in, but still has waaaaay too much bloat compared to the previous suggestion of the beetle. Also, it's a repeat entry from last time. People want something a little more original! The creature itself is fine, lots of people just strongly dislike how the reposter of the concept handled it.

I think the raptor 2.0 (i assume you mean maip) and the moa are great suggestions tbh! If you simplify things like that, of course it's gonna sound bad. They both offer something new in terms of play that's both interesting and unique, that hasn't been seen so high up in the top 10s of the contests.

TL:DR, people dislike beetle in this contest because the reposter made too many changes, and kept changing the concept to try to sway more votes, rather than let it stand on its own merit from previous times it was suggested

Edited by ashgcy

4 hours ago, predator97427 said:

Why are people spitting on the mighty Beetle ??? It's an incredible suggestion that would fit SE perfectly, way more than a raptor 2.0 or a stupid moa...

No one's spitting on the beetle. As ashgcy pointed out the issue was the sheer amount of bloat in the latest iteration's dossier. The maip and more specifically the "stupid moa" introduced fresh and balanced ideas. Moa in particular also brought in some nice pve aspects that were sorely needed for its particular map, especially after the last three winners all had abilities geared more for pvp

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

No one's spitting on the beetle. As ashgcy pointed out the issue was the sheer amount of bloat in the latest iteration's dossier. The maip and more specifically the "stupid moa" introduced fresh and balanced ideas. Moa in particular also brought in some nice pve aspects that were sorely needed for its particular map, especially after the last three winners all had abilities geared more for pvp

7 hours ago, ashgcy said:

Lot of people don't like how the concept was just made to be as powerful as possible to attract votes

Currently it's more reigned in, but still has waaaaay too much bloat compared to the previous suggestion of the beetle. Also, it's a repeat entry from last time. People want something a little more original! The creature itself is fine, lots of people just strongly dislike how the reposter of the concept handled it.

I think the raptor 2.0 (i assume you mean maip) and the moa are great suggestions tbh! If you simplify things like that, of course it's gonna sound bad. They both offer something new in terms of play that's both interesting and unique, that hasn't been seen so high up in the top 10s of the contests.

TL:DR, people dislike beetle in this contest because the reposter made too many changes, and kept changing the concept to try to sway more votes, rather than let it stand on its own merit from previous times it was suggested

Why does no one seems to get it ? Wildcard doesn't pick 90% of the initial ideas. For example, ryniognatha wouldn't be a resin spitter or anything, if WC listened to the guy who posted it. It would have been an overpowered Sky giga tuso that blows anything and everything (game balance included). Not that I don't like the simplistic design of maip, but I think it would be far more interesting to have a unique creature that's not like anything we've seen (my personal favorite was the fasolasuchus but the beetle is a close one) rather than something like a better raptor or a bird version of a procoptodon. Not trying to be insulting here, those two suggestions both are great but they are way to similar from what we have in the game in my opinion.

2 hours ago, predator97427 said:

Why does no one seems to get it ? Wildcard doesn't pick 90% of the initial ideas. For example, ryniognatha wouldn't be a resin spitter or anything, if WC listened to the guy who posted it. It would have been an overpowered Sky giga tuso that blows anything and everything (game balance included). Not that I don't like the simplistic design of maip, but I think it would be far more interesting to have a unique creature that's not like anything we've seen (my personal favorite was the fasolasuchus but the beetle is a close one) rather than something like a better raptor or a bird version of a procoptodon. Not trying to be insulting here, those two suggestions both are great but they are way to similar from what we have in the game in my opinion.

The thing is, they do keep the general vibe of the submission! All of the creatures that have been selected from these contests share at least one mechanic with the submitted concept. To use rhynio as an example, the resin spitting was actually one of the more balanced gimmicks in the overall suggestion. Some things like Desmodus even retained a really high amount of suggested mechanics, the cloak was a big part of the OG suggestion!

A lot of people's biggest concerns is that the beetle wouldn't represent what the community wanted. What was originally a distinct "literal beetle tank" has a lot more clutter and bloat to the suggestion. I'm personally concerned that, were beetle to win, it just wouldn't represent what people originally wanted from it, since the concept this round is so vastly different from previous ones.

Edited by ashgcy

3 hours ago, predator97427 said:

I've stated I'm aware of that. If you scroll through the comments you'll see my statements on the matter. The issue I had was the introduction of additional ideas meant to sway votes as opposed to letting the creature stand on its own. A majority of people have not yet grasped that ideas aren't part of the package and vote for those.

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]-[Orginal]Desert Version Bastion Beetle