Can I just have my server save now, please? ^_^

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, SteveTheOtherSurvivor said:

Like, is there a process for requesting one of these, do I gotta fill out a form or something, or? I wanna just get on with my guy's ASE story on unofficial, if I can. Thanks! 

Nope, unless something changes. You'll get it in August like everyone else.

On 4/5/2023 at 5:32 PM, darkradeon said:

There will be another one? XD

Both community and crunch?

hmmm actually right observation.... Comunity has now had the culmination of disappointment from WC...

even if hope is in vain, we still want to hope for April Fools' Day (at least they take it as an excuse to announce a few steps back about what they decided to do).

If they remained firm on their decisions, it would be correct to announce a first backup of rescues for the weekend following Easter (or the end of the month for example), so that anyone has about ten days to reorganise/group their current things and organize their Clusters immediately (it would also give some time to organize them, remaining in contact with the people of the servers of origin during the movements of the same); and then the second block of saves when the Servers are closed. <-- This is for those who have now lost the desire to continue but would only wait for these months of "only refresh timer" to at least get the save data.

The basic problem remains that the Survivors on Console (both XBox & PS) will not be able to download the first or other Save Data except by renting their own servers (paid for each single server); however, I think that if they released the Rescues immediately: within a month we will see hundreds of Servers emptied whose Players have already been able to recreate their own clusters with what they had worked hard for and with Friends&Against, soon several Official Servers will have ZERO daily accesses for a whole week and they would also have justification for being closed immediately, as a consequence of things (and now also thanks to our choices) the really active servers in five months would be very few on all platforms, personally they would deserve to have the possibility to remain active (..regardless..) but then we can also think of compromises and alternative solutions for us.

--- the transition to NextGen is certainly a great step, I find it correct however not to completely cut out those who "grew up with us" on PS4-XBoxOne at least in the Original ARK:SE version (""don't mention the fact that it's on sale in Store without any notice of closure of the Servers""), if my hypothesis that giving the first Backup Data now will lead to a "natural" emptying of most of the Servers of all platforms, the situation in five months would allow the maintenance of a minimal part of Servers (for example a Single Official Cluster of only two maps per type = 24 x 2 PVE/PVP = 48 servers) in favor of a recovery of 99% of all the others, I'm looking at the Server Official Pve screen + Pvp of XBox which counts 2381 + 57 Legacy and I assume the same on PC and PS therefore saying it in round numbers on 7500 Servers active today, being able to leave 150 active on the three platforms is equivalent to only 2% (I bet that even if it were 15% it would be a good compromise for everyone), not least considering that ASA will start with only two maps (TI & TheCenter, the others later as it is going on the Switch, right?) and let's combine it with the fact that ARK:SE suffered on the stability of the Servers, I suppose that in ASA it would be recommended to open only "a few but good" ones and not many and buggy ones...

--- The other problem caused by the closure of the Serers concerns the transfer of everyone's years of work: yes, this is precisely one of the two daggers that hurt!! What's the other dagger? well, anyone who already has ARK would be happy and proud to pay an additional fee for an upgrade of our game, anyone here spends ten (even twenty) dollars to further "enhance" those already spent on the game and DLC, always at provided we can maintain our current progress, I bet it would also spur our advertising to new Buyers added to all the expected others. It is evident that (with the will to do so) there is certainly the possibility of solutions that are comfortable for everyone (WC & Community & ARK) but the choice is targeted, such a hard cut of legs can (?) financially achieve the goal in the short term term

.....but you have created a Community of almost a Decade......now ready to support you in evil for good for as many years........

are you really preferring the income (? maybe?) STARTING "YOU" AGAIN FROM SCRATCH and with "let's try to inflate today's portfolio rather than maintain an investment with solid foundations" mentality?

-----> What I hope is that at least EVERYONE OF WC has read every single response to this CC <---

Archived