Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ladymarina said:

LoadedCrysis just made a statement about what's going on yesterday. Looking up.

LMAO I don't need to watch Loaded, I know what's going on.

But no-one is forcing you to pay for anything. There is no pre-order, and there will likely be no pre-order. This means you won't be expected to pay a single cent before you see the gameplay, and even if there was a pre-order no-one is forcing you to pay.

What news do you want from them? Gameplay? They've already confirmed that will come shortly before launch just like it did with ARK 1.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

LMAO I don't need to watch Loaded, I know what's going on.

But no-one is forcing you to pay for anything. There is no pre-order, and there will likely be no pre-order. This means you won't be expected to pay a single cent before you see the gameplay, and even if there was a pre-order no-one is forcing you to pay.

What news do you want from them? Gameplay? They've already confirmed that will come shortly before launch just like it did with ARK 1.

🙄 Well everyone has there own opinion. But what there are doing is wrong. I don't play on Unofficial. So yes they are forcing my hand. As stated before in my past messages. If you didn't see. News on how they will Make ArkSe a game worth staying with. It's glitchy, broken etc. All we got is that we are the minority and nothing else. WC/SG need to tell us how this is going to work out for us. That's one issue.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ladymarina said:

🙄 Well everyone has there own opinion. But what there are doing is wrong. I don't play on Unofficial. So yes they are forcing my hand. As stated before in my past messages. If you didn't see. News on how they will Make ArkSe a game worth staying with. It's glitchy, broken etc. 

No-one is forcing your hand. You may feel you have no choice, but you do, you just don't want to admit it.

They aren't going to make ASE a game worth staying with. That's the reason ASA exists because that is the future for ARK 1. What ASE is like now is how it will be in the future, besides the last content update that will come next month.

Just now, GP said:

No-one is forcing your hand. You may feel you have no choice, but you do, you just don't want to admit it.

They aren't going to make ASE a game worth staying with. That's the reason ASA exists because that is the future for ARK 1. What ASE is like now is how it will be in the future, besides the last content update that will come next month.

Really that sounds like it's  just an opinion to me GP. Other games are showing more attention to their gaming community.  They are forcing our hands. I don't play Unofficial, the servers WC/SG will give us are going to have to be governed by the person who buys the server. So many more exploits from Hackers etc. Those admins will not be on all the time to monitor or have Ai watch for this stuff to happen. All hell will break lose. Nitrado.and  other servers will not stay for long after WC/SG leave. Plus these servers are expensive for year round. WC/SG should have more concern about what going on.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator

Really that sounds like it's  just an opinion to me GP. Other games are showing more attention to their gaming community.  They are forcing our hands. I don't play Unofficial, the servers WC/SG will give us are going to have to be governed by the person who buys the server. So many more exploits from Hackers etc. Those admins will not be on all the time to monitor or have Ai watch for this stuff to happen. All hell will break lose. Nitrado.and  other servers will not stay for long after WC/SG leave. Plus these servers are expensive for year round. WC/SG should have more concern about what going on.

Out with the old, in with the new.

• Volunteer Moderator

You mean give me a Rehashed addition of the game I already and make me pay more 💰.  I don't think so.

Don't buy it. Problem solved. 

You keep using the word 'make'. No one is making you do or buy anything. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Don't buy it. Problem solved. 

You keep using the word 'make'. Nobody is making you do anything. 

Yes they are Joe. I don't play on unofficial. So they are trying to force the players who play on official to buy ASA. They will be no protection on these Unofficial servers.  It will be a nightmare.

Edited by ladymarina

• Volunteer Moderator

Yes they are Joe. I don't play on unofficial. So they are trying to force the players who play on official to buy ASA.

No. They are offering you a choice. You can do one or the other. The choice is yours. You get to decide which is more important to you.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

How are they? They have said nothing not one thing of how they will . Just their cutting the servers. Their is no choice. 

The choice is simple, embrace their version of the game. Or don't. It's not rocket surgery. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

This may come as a bit of a surprise. But different people have different priorities.

Why are you telling me this? Everyone is unique. What does this have to do with how they are going to steal from us. And yes Joe they are forcing us. I have experienced to much on Unofficial servers to want to go back. As I stated before they are not telling us anything.

• Volunteer Moderator

Why are you telling me this? Everyone is unique. What does this have to do with how they are going to steal from us. And yes Joe they are forcing us. I have experienced to much on Unofficial servers to want to go back. As I stated before they are not telling us anything.

Now you are just being silly. No one is stealing from you. Get a grip. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

How are they? They have said nothing not one thing of how they will . Just their cutting the servers. Their is no choice. 

There is a choice, multiple choices....

1. Buy ASA

2. Don't buy ASA and stick with ASE (single player, unofficial)

3. Don't buy ASA, stop playing ASE, and move on.

Point is no-one is forcing you to spend your money. You have choices, yes they may not be great choices, but if you are so unhappy then maybe it is time to forget it all? You'll only end up stressing yourself out over a game, and that's unhealthy.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

There is a choice, multiple choices....

1. Buy ASA

2. Don't buy ASA and stick with ASE (single player, unofficial)

3. Don't buy ASA, stop playing ASE, and move on.

Point is no-one is forcing you to spend your money. You have choices, yes they may not be great choices, but if you are so unhappy then maybe it is time to forget it all? You'll only end up stressing yourself out over a game, and that's unhealthy.

Hmm That's your opinion 🤔 I guess. I will keep voicing my opinions. Those are choices they are forcing. They need to stop in take in consideration that what they are trying to do, it's un ethical.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Thanks 1

Mmmm none of those options allow one to continue with a "hobby" that for some people has persisted over many years. There is no way to persist the virtual world "as it stands" along with its content and community. And this is (likely) what @ladymarina is bemoaning. The loss of something which potentially provided significant gratification for many years.

If my "hobby" was making furniture, but the lathe I use build bits with goes "out of support", I am stuck. Either I need to buy a new lathe (but bear in mind in THIS case the new lathe will not cut components that will join into any of the old stuff I have already built). Or I need to find someone that can support my old lathe with kit to keep it going. Or I need to pack in my hobby. None of those options are palatable or cost less.

There is a 4th option, which is to run your own server. It is not necessary to "hire" a server slot off of a company. Yes there is a fairly steep learning curve involved with that - but it is possible, and will cost a whole lot less than forking out monthly $ to a hosting company.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GP said:

image.png

Ha Ha - speak of "bloatware" in Win10 ..... And the devil appears! 
Several ways forward here - One being "do nothing" (which in my case is feasible since I am reliant on SteamCMD to do server stuff - not the full bloated SteamClient). Two switch to Linux. Three spend the $ to do an upgrade of OS on a new machine that can run all that bloatware, or even abandon Steam.

Once again - pretty much like the guys that are crying about the loss of Official ASE, this is Hobsons choice. i.e. No "palatable" choice at all!

16 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Mmmm none of those options allow one to continue with a "hobby" that for some people has persisted over many years. There is no way to persist the virtual world "as it stands" along with its content and community. And this is (likely) what @ladymarina is bemoaning. The loss of something which potentially provided significant gratification for many years.

If my "hobby" was making furniture, but the lathe I use build bits with goes "out of support", I am stuck. Either I need to buy a new lathe (but bear in mind in THIS case the new lathe will not cut components that will join into any of the old stuff I have already built). Or I need to find someone that can support my old lathe with kit to keep it going. Or I need to pack in my hobby. None of those options are palatable or cost less.

There is a 4th option, which is to run your own server. It is not necessary to "hire" a server slot off of a company. Yes there is a fairly steep learning curve involved with that - but it is possible, and will cost a whole lot less than forking out monthly $ to a hosting company.

Unfortunately I don't have a PC. I use an Xbox. I don't have the time or money. They are not giving us anything. They just want us to drop the subject. I won't.  As I stated before. That's great for people who can do this who have the time. What happens when you can't take care of the server anymore etc life gets into the way,you get sick or loved ones. All your hard work will be gone. Hackers will have a full advantage to take over.

Will Nitrado etc protect us? I don't think so not without more money. I play official only. I had to many disappointing experiences.

10 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Unfortunately I don't have a PC. I use an Xbox. I don't have the time or money. They are not giving us anything. They just want us to drop the subject. I won't.  As I stated before. That's great for people who can do this who have the time. What happens when you can't take care of the server anymore etc life gets into the way,you get sick or loved ones. All your hard work will be gone. Hackers will have a full advantage to take over.

Will Nitrado etc protect us? I don't think so not without more money. I play official only. I had to many disappointing experiences.

Yep - as I sez - lots of choices - but no GOOD choice. Especially for all the console peeps out there. Unfortunately moaning on the forums will likely have very little impact on Wildcards way forward. 

Sorry!

22 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Yep - as I sez - lots of choices - but no GOOD choice. Especially for all the console peeps out there. Unfortunately moaning on the forums will likely have very little impact on Wildcards way forward. 

Sorry!

Well I guess that's your opinion. I'll keep talking facts. That's why I'm saying they don't care.  Voicing ones opinions is moaning now hmm.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Haha 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic