Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

12 minutes ago, oGlitchedX said:

I think this will mark the end for this game, I have played since pre release on PS4. I and most people I talk to have no interest in restarting just for better graphics, we will simply just stop playing ARK.

ARK 2 will be delayed and delayed until 2025 at least (you know Wildcard lol) and its an entirely different game that is not appealing to everyone anyway...

R.I.P ARK and Studio Wildcard.

It's by far not just better graphics.

And a little thing about people, that will serve you later in life. Don't believe everything they say.

To clarify: the UE5 tease a couple weeks back is referring to in-the-works complete free upgrade/remaster of ARK Survival Evolved in UnrealEngine5. Not a cinematic. We havent officially announced the ARK UE5 upgrade yet 'cause there's other major things we wanna show then as well

So..  $90 is not considered FREE.   this is 100% B.S.   
and if this is an April fool's joke.   just to make it that ARK 2 is delayed to 2024/2025.  if then.   it is a BAD joke.

Screenshot_382.jpg

15 minutes ago, sca said:

And yall think that shutting down all officials with years of peoples work will be a good idea? Yea great thinking stuff trough guys great job as always

I'm done if some of this stuff wasn't a joke 

19 out of 20 People I have spoke with feel this way, ARK going to loose a huge percentage of it's player base. I know people that have already uninstalled the game after years of playing...  RIP ARK

• Like 1

casi no comento porque cuando escribes algo de lo cual eres libre de expresarte wc lo toma a reclamo siendo que los que pagamos somos nosotros, yo solo pediria que si hacen esto de cobrar por una actualizacion de ark que ya tenemos consideren que los servidores x1 son una caca ya que uno le dedica mucho tiempo, esfuerzo y todo para que se les antoje cerrar los servidores, ahora eso de dar la opcion de bajar tu progreso a host local se me hace una reverenda mamada porque en host local puedes tener lo que sea con comandos. 

14 hours ago, BatmanRAG042 said:

Well?

14 hours ago, Yiu said:

It's Ark 1 with UE5 and you have to buy it all over again including the DLCs. You also lose all your years of effort, just gone with the servers being wiped.

They said this was going to be a free UE5 update, but it's bundled together with Ark 2, forcing you to buy it for 40$

What a complete joke. I expected WC to raptor up, but not this bad

Wow. Well time to uninstall ark. Only played it since day one. Already paid for the game and the dlc's and they expect us to buy it all over again just to get wiped? Too funny. Probably need us to finance Ark 2. They have no clue who their audience is? We are your money makers!  Tell me I need to b pay again for something I already paid for and I'm out. Too many alternatives to stick with a raw deal. See ya!

14 hours ago, Legitarkplayer23 said:

So I know I'm quoting my own post but this is really bugging me since I've tried getting back into official pve off and on for years and I always quit because of how immersion breaking it is when the whole map gets pillared or worse, (foundationed) by 3 or 4 tribes... could someone at wildcard confirm that this issue will be resolved? It matters to  me and a lot of people who like the pve experience but hate when the few ruin it.

Really? Pillaring? Your concern is pillaring? Years later and someone is always finding an opportunity to whine about pillars. Heres a clue...new game....get on early. 

While it seems the initial (quite frankly a bit unwarranted) kneejerk reaction to this information is to call out WildCard for being moneyhungry cashgrabbers, we gotta take a step back about all this.

I think what we know so far is entirely reasonable. All of the recent, massive content updates WC has given us, despite community controversy in the votes, has all been entirely free of charge, all while they're continuing the sponsored mod program that gives money to the community to make more things for the community.

I hope that we get another roadmap soon that explains the situation better, because the community really needs to know more about what's going on with this bundle before jumping to conclusions. I'd love to know if people who already own ARK 1 would get any discounts buying the game, and if the costs of all the DLCs are going to be included. While I do think $50 USD flat is a big sum of money for a remaster, it's important to remember it's the remaster, ARK II and access to the closed beta for the game. This may be the first time WC giving the option to the wider community in playtesting one of their games.

At the end of the day, these delays (which I'm happy to hear about, delyas suck, but it gives WC more time to polish the game) means that WC is going to be in a period of not earning much money, so giving a way to buy ARK II early, while still delivering a fresh spin on existing content, isn't that terrible of an idea. WC is a huge company now, and people's livelihoods depend on the studio.

Hopefully people read this, and take a step back to re-consider what's going on with all this. Then again, I'm talking about a community who can't help but complain when their "precious evo event" doesn't run on the official servers, when singleplayer/unofficial/non dedicated exists for you to have settings yourself. If an extra 2x blingo blango rates means that much to you, pay for your own server, WC offers hundreds of official servers for free, and it ain't cheap to rent that much server power

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

14 hours ago, badjuejue said:

We are shutting official down... but wait there's more, you can buy the game and grind all over again IN UNREAL ENGINE 5

tf about my time on official just to be 6 years in the crapper for 50 bucks and a game that has not shown its worth it 😤

Lets take our game, change the name, tell them we're upgrading the hardware, force them all off the game, oooh and resell it to them so we can fund our new game then shut that down so they have to play the new game. That sum it up? 

29 minutes ago, xoA2CHANG3Lox said:

Really? Pillaring? Your concern is pillaring? Years later and someone is always finding an opportunity to whine about pillars. Heres a clue...new game....get on early. 

Lmao! This type of attitude right here! I do get on the servers early, then a month later you can't explore poop because the huge type of big Walmart box bases spamming up the whole map. But I'm sure judging by your reaction you're the guy pillaring entire coasts.

Was looking fwd to the remastered maps with UE5 more than Ark 2 tbh, but having to buy them all over again and maps being shut down is a bit of an oof.

Arks had way to many delays and issues over the years and delays to ark 2 doesn't give confidence it's gonna get any better. It's been a good run, but time to play something else 😂

I believe we can move on from the “prank” talk. As a gamer, I buy games. Period. I will purchase Ark 2,3, and 9 as long as it always offers me the ability to keep my dedicated server for my family. I am excited with this new direction. I played ME 1 (on Xbox 360) when it first dropped and every ME afterwards. When ME Legendary was released, I bought it and played it even though I had all of my other ME discs from the previous years. Hopefully a fresh batch of gamers who weren’t able to play Ark 1 will now be able to find a non pillar server without mega tribes on it and they can begin the cycle of loving Ark. Realistically this will not be the demise of WC or Ark. 

Edited by grayman7503

I have mixed feelings about this like everyone here. Hating that I have to buy the game over again when I've bought the complete game and all the downloads for 2 separate platforms in the last 3 years since I started playing is annoying for sure. But, like many of us here, I know I'm gonna do it anyway, knowing full well I may not like Ark 2 and prepaying for it anyway. Sad to see the Official servers being shut down, but excited for the new. 

Here is my question to WC: Can we please have an option to transfer our characters and the dino's that people have been working on for years from official to private servers or single player? 

I feel this will possibly make you some more friendly faces for buying the new content. But hey this is the internet I might get roasted for having feelings 😆

5 minutes ago, grayman7503 said:

I believe we can move on from the “prank” talk. As a gamer, I buy games. Period. I will purchase Ark 2,3, and 9 as long as it always offers me the ability to keep my dedicated server for my family. I am excited with this new direction. I played ME 1 (on Xbox 360) when it first dropped and every ME afterwards. When ME Legendary was released, I bought it and played it even though I had all of my other ME discs from the previous years. Hopefully a fresh batch of gamers who weren’t able to play Ark 1 will now be able to find a non pillar server without mega tribes on it and they can begin the cycle of loving Ark. Realistically this will not be the demise of WC or Ark. 

If that were the case then why didn't wildcard address the issues on official that everyone actually worries about. Meshing and pillaring.

I couldn't care less for shutting down Ark: SE servers. I abandoned the game about 2 years ago because of game-breaking bugs that ruined every single bit of gameplay.

A better looking deleted character on a nicer dino in UE5, is still a deleted character and dino when transferring to other servers or touching the world barrier. If you are just shoving old garbage under a new carpet, it will still start to stink very soon.

So no, I will not buy a new paint-job version of an old game as an experiment for a new game that will come out soon after this "upgrade" that was promised as free btw. and that is bundled with a game there is absolutely no info about.

I learned my lesson during all these years about you guys failing time and time again to deliver on promises and fix important stuff. I will patiently wait and see if you can deliver something new with Ark 2, if it is just BS like many other things you said in community crunches and if you can deliver a new game that has at least decent customer support and none of the game-braking stuff we are familiar with from Ark: SE.

PS: 3000h sunken in this game, with wonderful moments along friends, but in the end, with a lot of frustration and wasted hours that made the game completely worthless; in the end it felt like a horrible chore that nobody wanted to do and repeated every day, with something breaking every single time. Been playing since Aberration was just a concept and acquired the game since Island was the only map (my laptop then couldn't run the game though). 

Also, let us not forget that Wildcard was the first studio in history to launch a DLC for a game in Early Access. They sold Scorched Earth as a DLC when the game was still very much rough on the edges and didn't even have a proper lore. So there is that too and the same trend is being followed now to milk the Ark cow a little more.